PDA

View Full Version : Why Wasn't Brian Billick Interviewed for Head Coach? *****

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm fine with the Gailey hire, but was curious as to why we didn't even interview Billick. He seemed to fit the bill, experienced (1 SB Ring) & an offensive coach. Would Billick have been the better hire? Thoughts?

TacklingDummy
10-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Thoughts, pound sand*****

OpIv37
10-27-2010, 12:53 PM
People forget that Billick was hired as an offensive guru but got by in Baltimore with an extremely talented DEFENSE. His offenses were average at best.

In Buffalo, he'd be stuck with the same heap of **** (in terms of talent) that Gailey is, and I really don't see him faring any better. If Nix gets his act together and gets some real talent on this roster, it will be much tougher to answer this question. But at the moment, this team would look very similar with Billick at the helm as it does with Gailey.

G Wolly
10-27-2010, 12:54 PM
He wouldn't be doing any better than Gailey is.

FACT *insert irrelevant smiley here*

justasportsfan
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I still remember Billick wearing his SB ring the day Gailey got hired ! LOL

WeAreArthurMoates
10-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Remember folks this is the same Billick who bad mouthed Buffalo saying why would anyone coach up there. Then, when most of the coaches got hired he started kissing buffalo butt cause he didn't have a job yet. No thanks to Billick, get Gailey some linebackers, a strong safety and an experienced d coordinator.

justasportsfan
10-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Remember folks this is the same Billick who bad mouthed Buffalo saying why would anyone coach up there. Then, when most of the coaches got hired he started kissing buffalo butt cause he didn't have a job yet. No thanks to Billick, get Gailey some linebackers, a strong safety and an experienced d coordinator.

he started calling his would be assistants. :snicker:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
He wouldn't be doing any better than Gailey is.

FACT *insert irrelevant smiley here*
Are you poking fun at me or something?:lolabove:

Beebe's Kid
10-27-2010, 01:27 PM
He's a pretentious **** sucker. *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

delectrolux
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Okay, Bocephus Jennings, I'll respond to the topic. Billick is making $3Million this year to NOT coach. He's in the final year of his contract with the Ravens - and since he didn't take another football job, they're still on the hook. He had no interest in taking the Bills job (I'm pretty certain they wouldn't have paid him more than $3M + whatever he's making as a TV analyst) - and why would he. Coaching jobs open up every year. He can hang out and get one next year while being paid as one this season.

trapezeus
10-27-2010, 02:15 PM
billick got lucky with a stud defense. if he truly was an offensive mastermind, that superbowl team wouldn't have had a month of just putrid offensive performances. I forget what the stat was for them at the time. but it was bad.

Billick is an ego and a name. little else to back it up.

thebuffalobills4
10-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm fine with the Gailey hire, but was curious as to why we didn't even interview Billick. He seemed to fit the bill, experienced (1 SB Ring) & an offensive coach. Would Billick have been the better hire? Thoughts?
You are delusional

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Billick would have been a great selection. He has proven he knows how to win.

guy
10-27-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm fine with the Gailey hire, but was curious as to why we didn't even interview Billick. He seemed to fit the bill, experienced (1 SB Ring) & an offensive coach. Would Billick have been the better hire? Thoughts? who gives a f*** its almost november idiot.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-27-2010, 03:40 PM
who gives a f*** its almost november idiot.
My threads are timeless, fella. Chill.:whistle:

Extremebillsfan247
10-27-2010, 03:42 PM
People forget that Billick was hired as an offensive guru but got by in Baltimore with an extremely talented DEFENSE. His offenses were average at best.

In Buffalo, he'd be stuck with the same heap of **** (in terms of talent) that Gailey is, and I really don't see him faring any better. If Nix gets his act together and gets some real talent on this roster, it will be much tougher to answer this question. But at the moment, this team would look very similar with Billick at the helm as it does with Gailey. I was going to respond but after reading this, it pretty much sums up what I would have said. Great post..

TMu11
10-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Timeless, worthless, pointless....

JCBills
10-28-2010, 06:06 AM

Yasgur's Farm
10-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Thanks, guy. Rest assured I put my quality education to good use each & every day.:list:http://www.thehipstermom.com/wp-content/uploads/drugs.jpg
***** Fact! :laughing:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-28-2010, 08:08 AM
http://www.thehipstermom.com/wp-content/uploads/drugs.jpg
***** Fact! :laughing:
Weirdo:confused:

homeslice5484
10-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Didn't Billick get fired after his team lost to the winless Dolphins, giving the Dolphins their only win that season?

Mr. Pink
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Because Ralph would have had to pay him.

He wouldn't have been a cheap hire like Gailey.

G Wolly
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Didn't Billick get fired after his team lost to the winless Dolphins, giving the Dolphins their only win that season?

But he has a Super Bowl ring!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!