Why do people keep saying "It doesn't look like Luck is coming out"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thief
    • Sep 2009

Why do people keep saying "It doesn't look like Luck is coming out"?

OK, QB is on the tops of the Bills list, according to Ralph C. Wilson. Luck is the best QB according to 90% of the experts, fans, and writers.

But, why do I keep hearing/reading over and over again that it doesn't look like Luck is going to come out? How exactly does that look? Or, how exactly does it not look like Luck is coming out?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why do people keep saying "It doesn't look like Luck is coming out"?

-He has struggled at times this season
    -His coach is no fan of ours
    -He is only a RS SO
    -He has said he wants to get his degree first
    -With CBA uncertainty there is less incentive to leave early
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Thief
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      -He has struggled at times this season
      -His coach is no fan of ours
      -He is only a RS SO
      -He has said he wants to get his degree first
      -With CBA uncertainty there is less incentive to leave early
      So you are saying it is total speculation? Wouldn't that describe every underclassman QB? And, aren't there even bigger reasons to come out, rather than stay, especially if you are still projected #1?
      Last edited by Thief; 10-27-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thief
        So you are saying it is total speculation? Wouldn't that describe every underclassman QB? And, aren't there even bigger reasons to come out, rather than stay, especially if you are still projected #1?
        No Im saying its educated guessing. There are factors that exist now that didnt exist before that are negatively affecting him in the eyes of fans.

There could be, but the same was true for Bradford and he saw no reason to rush it and while he got hurt, he still ended up being #1.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• wmoz11
          • Sep 2008

The only substantial bit of fact is that he says he wants to graduate first. Now, he could be on track to do so for all we know.

All the other crap mentioned is speculation at best.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by wmoz11
            The only substantial bit of fact is that he says he wants to graduate first. Now, he could be on track to do so for all we know.

All the other crap mentioned is speculation at best.

heard he can graduate this summer with a few summer classes

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

He'll come out, why? $$$

It's not like we are talking about a borderline Top 10 pick, Luck will go in the first 2 selections. There is no reason for him to chance injury or playing bad by staying in college.
              Last edited by TacklingDummy; 10-27-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

well, i think if the rookies are sacrificed like every expects in the CBA, the money (guaranteed portion will be smaller).

Then if he wants to graduate, it might be worth it to him.
                also if they really do hate the bills, he could gamble that a different team is worse than us and ends up with the top pick.

i know nothing about college football and what not, but i think the money may not be as influential as it once was.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  He'll come out, why? $$$

It's not like we are talking about a borderline Top 10 pick, Luck will go in the first 2 selections. There is no reason for him to chance injury or playing bad by staying in college.
                  Bradford dispells that argument and its almost a guarantee that a new CBA will not institute an immediate hard rookie cap.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
                    heard he can graduate this summer with a few summer classes
                    Who did you hear that from?

Most academic records are kept private.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

I'm not too concerned about whether or not he decides to come out. There are other options available if he decides to not come out. We will all know soon enough. If he does come out, and we are fortunate enough to have the top pick, he will most likely end up as a Bill, if not then I'm not going to stress on it.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Bradford dispells that argument and its almost a guarantee that a new CBA will not institute an immediate hard rookie cap.
                        Others have stayed in school & were drafted lower than if they came out early, Brohm is an example. I disagree about the cap. It is a guarantee that any new cba will include an immediate rookie cap. The owners have already said as much.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                          Others have stayed in school & were drafted lower than if they came out early, Brohm is an example. I disagree about the cap. It is a guarantee that any new cba will include an immediate rookie cap. The owners have already said as much.
                          No its not. There will be a rookie cap but right now it looks like it may be put gradually into place.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

No its not. There will be a rookie cap but right now it looks like it may be put gradually into place.
                            What is your source on this matter? EVERYTHING I have heard & read says otherwise.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              He'll come out, why? $$$

Bradford got hurt & still got the money. Can't see that happening again. Luck might want to avoid a rookie wage scale. It's coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X