PDA

View Full Version : Find the Fitz!

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
As the 'Blitz for Fitz' campaign has started for some, there are still reservations by others as to how the situation of Ryan Fitzpatrick succeeding thus far should be approached.

Through four games, Fitzpatrick has thrown for 11 touchdowns and just four interceptions. He ranks behind only Peyton Manning as the second highest rated passer in the NFL so far in 2010.

I think I can speak for a lot of us by saying that I sure as heck didn't expect this.

Will he continue along this torrid pace? That remains to be seen. But I did want to take a look at Fitzpatrick's career numbers with an historical perspective.

Here's the fun part. I've corralled six players' statistics through the early portions of their careers, and I didn't attach the name with it.

I'll give you a list of the six quarterbacks, and your task is simple:

Correctly identify which NFL quarterback belongs to which set of statistics. And please, for the sanctity of the exercise, don't go looking it up.

http://www.wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--Find-the-Fitz-/8447157

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--Find-the-Fitz--Answers/8447133

The answers are at the link above!

Oaf
10-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Idk what this thread's about really but why can't we just wait for a full season, or even a HALF season, before declaring the guy King of Buffalo?

G Wolly
10-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Idk what this thread's about really but why can't we just wait for a full season, or even a HALF season, before declaring the guy King of Buffalo?

After that game on Sunday, give HIM the key to the city.

F****n' T.O.

YardRat
10-28-2010, 03:00 AM
lol...Boom or bust.

jamze132
10-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Wonder what will happen to him if he goes 8-23, 54 yds, 0 TDs, 4 INTs this week?

Forward_Lateral
10-28-2010, 08:54 AM
He's nothing but a career backup though. People forget that Young, Favre, Warner, etc were all journeymen too.

OpIv37
10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Wonder what will happen to him if he goes 8-23, 54 yds, 0 TDs, 4 INTs this week?

Eh, we shouldn't be too upset by it, just like we shouldn't be too excited about his game last week. We need to look at all 14 starts (assuming no injuries or benchings) over the course of the season and base it on that. He's been around long enough that if he doesn't show something as a full-time starter, we'll know he's not the guy.

But he has shown a glimmer of hope and given us at least some reason for optimism. I'm one of those people who said that Fitz is nothing but a career back-up, and I'm really hoping I'll be eating some crow on that one.

wmoz11
10-28-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't understand the comparison. By that list, JP and Trent are on pace to be better than Elway. It doesn't prove anything about Fitz' stats at all. It just means he can either be JP or Elway.

Quite a stretch :sarcasm:

Jan Reimers
10-28-2010, 09:56 AM
The truth has always been, despite strong opinions on both sides, that no one - not a single sole - knows what kind of QB Fitz will ultimately prove to be.

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2010, 10:20 AM
The truth has always been, despite strong opinions on both sides, that no one - not a single sole - knows what kind of QB Fitz will ultimately prove to be.

single *soul*..sorry Jan, for all the correcting you do i thought I'd get mine in.

justasportsfan
10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
But he has shown a glimmer of hope and given us at least some reason for optimism. I'm one of those people who said that Fitz is nothing but a career back-up, and I'm really hoping I'll be eating some crow on that one.

say what? This is what Jan and some of us have been saying in the other thread that we pointed out was encouraging.

OpIv37
10-28-2010, 10:27 AM
say what? This is what Jan and some of us have been saying in the other thread that we pointed out was encouraging.

I agreed with what Jan said about the "encouraging" stuff in the other thread. I just disagreed with the people who used words like "proud" to describe a loss.

better days
10-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Eh, we shouldn't be too upset by it, just like we shouldn't be too excited about his game last week. We need to look at all 14 starts (assuming no injuries or benchings) over the course of the season and base it on that. He's been around long enough that if he doesn't show something as a full-time starter, we'll know he's not the guy.

I have to admit, I hated his signing, now not so much. If he keeps it up, I would like my Crow served warm please with a few beers to wash it down.

OpIv37
10-28-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't understand the comparison. By that list, JP and Trent are on pace to be better than Elway. It doesn't prove anything about Fitz' stats at all. It just means he can either be JP or Elway.

Quite a stretch :sarcasm:

I think that's the point- some people are willing to write him off as Trent or JP already, but there is a chance (albeit a small one) that he could turn out to be Elway.

The reality is that we need to give him this season and evaluate him at the end. There is no reason NOT to: it's not like there are any QB's available to sign right now, and we're not going to the playoffs this season no matter what. So let him play- if he does well, maybe we have our QB of the future. If not, we'll have a high draft pick to use on a QB.

OpIv37
10-28-2010, 12:06 PM
My only concern is that he either has as many good games as bad games, or ends up just completely average, like averaging 17-for-31 for 230 yards 1 TD 1 pick. Then it will be more difficult to decide. I just hope that he's either good enough or bad enough to give us an easy decision regarding QB for next year.

Nighthawk
10-28-2010, 12:18 PM
He's nothing but a career backup though. People forget that Young, Favre, Warner, etc were all journeymen too.

Oh boy...here we go!

jamze132
10-28-2010, 12:59 PM

Who knows, maybe the game at the NFL level is finally clicking for him.

jamze132
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I agreed with what Jan said about the "encouraging" stuff in the other thread. I just disagreed with the people who used words like "proud" to describe a loss.
I'm proud of you.

Forward_Lateral
10-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Oh boy...here we go!

It's the truth. Steve Young was horrible with the Bucs. He looked like he'd never get it.
Warner was stocking shelves for crying out loud.

G Wolly
10-28-2010, 02:27 PM
It's the truth. Steve Young was horrible with the Bucs. He looked like he'd never get it.

And how does Favre fit into this equation?

He was drafted by ATL and was traded to GB after one season playing 2 games in Atlanta, not even starting, going 0 for 4 passing.

Then he went to GB and the rest is history.

Jan Reimers
10-28-2010, 04:19 PM
single *soul*..sorry Jan, for all the correcting you do i thought I'd get mine in.
Thanks, pd. You're exactly right. I guess I had a single fish filet or foot bottom in mind.

Nighthawk
10-28-2010, 05:19 PM

Let me get this straight...you're comparing Fitz to Steve Young?!?!?! Really???

Spiderweb
10-29-2010, 03:53 AM

Jeez.....Warner maybe, but Favre and Yound were both drafted by a team, and then were traded. That doesn't qualify as a "journeyman". For that, see Steve Deberg, etc.

better days
10-29-2010, 05:53 AM
Jeez.....Warner maybe, but Favre and Yound were both drafted by a team, and then were traded. That doesn't qualify as a "journeyman". For that, see Steve Deberg, etc.

I agree Favre & Young were not journeymen while Deberg was, but there is no maybe about Warner, he was an undrafted FA so he would also qualify.

Spiderweb
10-31-2010, 03:39 AM
I agree Favre & Young were not journeymen while Deberg was, but there is no maybe about Warner, he was an undrafted FA so he would also qualify.

Warner was find, no doubt. But a "journeyman" is generally one that has bounced from team to team (and usually in the pros, be it the NFL or MLB, etc). The expression also generally was given to career backups.

better days
10-31-2010, 07:51 AM
Warner was find, no doubt. But a "journeyman" is generally one that has bounced from team to team (and usually in the pros, be it the NFL or MLB, etc). The expression also generally was given to career backups.

Agreed, so Warner was less than a journeyman I quess. He bounced around, not even in the league until the Rams kept him, then Green gets hurt & the rest is history.