PDA

View Full Version : Maybin worst player in the League?

cyberelex
10-28-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors?eref=sihp

A little Harsh don't you think? I know hes awful but wow.

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2010, 10:53 AM
stupid article. im not saying he ISNT the worst but there are over 1000 players in the NFL...Maybin doesnt have anything other than potential but that athletic ability alone makes him better than many players. Hell, he's probably better than Keith Ellison.

Ebenezer
10-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Victim of circumstance. It's not his fault the guy starting ahead of him at PSU was a pot head. It's not his fault he played against some bad competition. It's not his fault the Bills scouts fell in love with an unproven reserve nor was it his fault that Dick Jauron was a very poor talent evaluator.

HAMMER
10-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Victim of circumstance. It's not his fault the guy starting ahead of him at PSU was a pot head. It's not his fault he played against some bad competition. It's not his fault the Bills scouts fell in love with an unproven reserve nor was it his fault that Dick Jauron was a very poor talent evaluator.

No, but it's his fault he chose Lavar Arrington as a mentor. It's his fault he held out of training camp last year and lost important time learning the NFL game. It's his fault he is too dumb to learn how to play in the system. This guy is a first rate moron, sad but true.

Ebenezer
10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
No, but it's his fault he chose Lavar Arrington as a mentor. It's his fault he held out of training camp last year and lost important time learning the NFL game. It's his fault he is too dumb to learn how to play in the system. This guy is a first rate moron, sad but true.

Arrington and his holdout mean nothing. The guy is who he is. If he isn't smart then he isn't smart - he probably isn't able to change that. He was put in a terrble position. Imagine if you were drafted at that same spot. That is where he is at.

OpIv37
10-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Worst in the NFL? I doubt it.

Worst VALUE in the NFL, in terms of cost per production? Absolutely.

Novacane
10-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Maybin makes the Whitner pick look good. He's got to be one of the least productive 1rst rounders ever.

Bravo82
10-28-2010, 11:17 AM

Even more so than your boy Whitner? :scratch:

OpIv37
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Even more so than your boy Whitner? :scratch:
Yes. As much as I dislike the guy, at least he's on the field making a few tackles and dropping pick 6's. That's still far more than Maybin is doing.

Historian
10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Could be...

Captain Obvious
10-28-2010, 11:28 AM
It was either Historian or Ebeneezer who thought Maybin could be the next Cornelius Bennett

madness
10-28-2010, 11:34 AM

What's worse is the Bills have another not far behind. McCargo may have been drafted later but his value decreased even further due to the failed trade attempt. :doh:

YardRat
10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
stupid article. im not saying he ISNT the worst but there are over 1000 players in the NFL...Maybin doesnt have anything other than potential but that athletic ability alone makes him better than many players. Hell, he's probably better than Keith Ellison.

1696 carried on rosters, 1440 to 1472 dress for games. That qualifies him for the bottom 256-224 right from the get-go.

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2010, 11:53 AM
1696 carried on rosters, 1440 to 1472 dress for games. That qualifies him for the bottom 256-224 right from the get-go.

you think Corto is a better NFL player than Maybin then?

Novacane
10-28-2010, 12:01 PM

I do. He at least contributes on ST. 3 years from now Corto may still be on a roster because of that. Maybin will be out of the league.

mightysimi
10-28-2010, 12:02 PM

Vernon Gholston has him beat. He is pure garbage.

Stewie
10-28-2010, 12:07 PM

Put yourself in these shoes:

You are a decent college player. You luck your way into the starting lineup, people fall in love with you because you look good in shorts on a track. You luck your way into the first round. Now, if you know you suck, wouldn' tyou hold out for everything you could possibly get, knowing you'll never get another one?

Maybe he knows he sucks. And he isn't so dumb.

OpIv37
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Put yourself in these shoes:

You are a decent college player. You luck your way into the starting lineup, people fall in love with you because you look good in shorts on a track. You luck your way into the first round. Now, if you know you suck, wouldn' tyou hold out for everything you could possibly get, knowing you'll never get another one?

Maybe he knows he sucks. And he isn't so dumb.

If that turns out to be true, it means Ivy League Jauron got swindled by a 21 year old college kid. Nice.

Dr. Lecter
10-28-2010, 12:15 PM

He is pretty close. 20 tackles and no sacks and he is in his 3rd year. And he went higher than 11th.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vernongholston/profile?id=GHO395377

Mad Max
10-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Arrington and his holdout mean nothing. The guy is who he is. If he isn't smart then he isn't smart - he probably isn't able to change that. He was put in a terrble position. Imagine if you were drafted at that same spot. That is where he is at.

The thing is though, how smart does one have to actually be to play DE? I would argue that it requires the least intelligence to play on the defensive side of the ball. "Get around the big guy directly in front of you and go hit the guy with the ball while he still has the ball, if he hands the ball off before you get to him hit the guy he handed it to, if it's thrown in your direction jump up to try and deflect it".

His true problem is much worse than any lack of intelligence, and that's that he has the body of a WR or a Punter.

YardRat
10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
The thing is though, how smart does one have to actually be to play DE? I would argue that it requires the least intelligence to play on the defensive side of the ball. "Get around the big guy directly in front of you and go hit the guy with the ball while he still has the ball, if he hands the ball off before you get to him hit the guy he handed it to, if it's thrown in your direction jump up to try and deflect it".

His true problem is much worse than any lack of intelligence, and that's that he has the body of a WR or a Punter.

Pretty sure it's more complicated than that.

jamze132
10-28-2010, 01:15 PM
It must be a good feeling to know that you can't crack the lineup for the worst defense which happens to be the worst team in the NFL.

I think he and McCargo might be in the top 10 worst players in the NFL.

wozrob11
10-28-2010, 01:19 PM
lets get real he sucks ass to think we could have orakpo or mr blind side now right now makes me sick .AND THATS ANOTHER BUFFALO DRAAAAAAFT BLUNDER!!!!!!!!

YardRat
10-28-2010, 01:21 PM
If Corto's dressing and getting on the field on Sundays instead of standing on the sideline in warm-ups or a hoodie, then yes. It's not like Maybin hasn't seen time on ST's this season.

Mad Max
10-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Pretty sure it's more complicated than that.
Obviously. But, not by much. I haven't checked...but I'm sure the IQ's of most DL are in the double digits. It's just not a heady position.

YardRat
10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Obviously. But, not by much. I haven't checked...but I'm sure the wonderlics of most DL are in the double digits. It's just not a heady position.

Well, jesus, I hope so considering Wonderlics don't hit triple digits and single digits would be Marino-tarded.

Mad Max
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, jesus, I hope so considering Wonderlics don't hit triple digits and single digits would be Marino-tarded.

haha, you caught my mistake before I could correct it. I got IQ confused with the Wonderlic.

Ebenezer
10-28-2010, 01:38 PM
It was either Historian or Ebeneezer who thought Maybin could be the next Cornelius Bennett

go back and find my quotes from that draft day...I have NEVER said anything positive about Maybin.

Zero
10-28-2010, 01:39 PM
It's inconceivable, but the Bills would have been better off giving the 11th pick in the draft away for FREE instead of drafting Maybin.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-28-2010, 02:35 PM
You can't get on the field in a uniform on the worst team in the NFL, that would be pretty darn close to the worst player in the NFL.

Bravo82
10-28-2010, 05:57 PM

I had us taking Gholston in my mock last year :ill: :ill: :ill:

BertSquirtgum
10-28-2010, 07:01 PM
maybin might become as bad of a pick as mike williams. this guy can't even get on the field on sundays.

Extremebillsfan247
10-28-2010, 07:11 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors?eref=sihp

A little Harsh don't you think? I know hes awful but wow.The most non existent, or irrelevant player? yes. The worst player? no. You have to actually play on Sundays to be considered the worst. Maybin can't even accomplish that. So until he can, worst player in the league is not Maybin. JMO

Mr. Pink
10-28-2010, 07:25 PM
maybin might become as bad of a pick as mike williams. this guy can't even get on the field on sundays.

Mike Williams at least became somewhat serviceable at Guard.

I don't think Maybin is the worst player on the team right now, McCargo has him beat.

TigerJ
10-28-2010, 10:56 PM
There are lots of bad players in the NFL. Maybin just demands more attention than some because he was a first round pick, and you've got to get more from your first round picks.

Cleve
10-29-2010, 06:39 AM
You know, why don't they simply PLAY Maybin? Maybe he'd improve with more field time? And if he doesn't, get RID of him. But why pay him to sit on the damn bench?

Heck I'd take half Maybin's salary and sit on the bench in his place if they're interested in saving money. I'd be just as productive too given as many plays as he's involved in (one or two per game, if any).

Jan Reimers
10-29-2010, 06:47 AM
It's a great message board question. It elicits tons of opinions, but there is no way to answer it in any objective manner. Is anyone totally familiar with every player on every team's 53 man roster?

Cleve
10-30-2010, 01:15 PM
It's a great message board question. It elicits tons of opinions, but there is no way to answer it in any objective manner. Is anyone totally familiar with every player on every team's 53 man roster?

Yeah, out of ~1600 players in the NFL, there's probably worse players than Maybin.

The author of the article should have called him "The most glaring draft failure in the NFL" - that would probably be more accurate.