PDA

View Full Version : Da'Quan Bowers - DE Clemson

Ed
10-28-2010, 03:22 PM
So I noticed in the draft section at espn.com they have Bowers listed as the #3 overall prospect right now on Scouts Inc's top 32 board. I don't know anything about this guy, but I haven't seen his name mentioned in any other discussions about D-lineman, which surprised me since he's ranked higher then Quinn and Clayborn. So I'm just curious what insight some of you college guru's have on this guy. It appears he's an underclassman with ideal size at 6'4 and 280 lbs. Is this a guy we should be looking at as a potential prospect for the Bills?

Buffalo Thriller
10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
No guru here, but I have seen highlights. He seems explosive, and fast for his size. Looks good.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Last year he weighed 290, this year it's down to 270 and it shows. He is big and fast, would love him at OLBer.

Buffalo Thriller
10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
^
I think he had like 10 sacks in 6 games. But OLB? Idk if thats right for him. Leave him at DE.

DesertFox24
10-28-2010, 04:19 PM
This guy is a DE all the way, he does not have the ability to change direction quickly.

He could be a monster for us if we had a good clogger and another DE.

Bowers, Troup, Carrington could be a nasty big DL.

Buffalo Thriller
10-28-2010, 04:26 PM
This guy is a DE all the way, he does not have the ability to change direction quickly.

He could be a monster for us if we had a good clogger and another DE.

Bowers, Troup, Carrington could be a nasty big DL.

What's the deal with Troup? I have senn him in games. Have'nt heard his name much?

X-Era
10-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Here's my notes on him so far:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=193170

I have him as the #3 DE available behind Clayborn, Bailey, and Quinn. ESPN has his stock rising and I honestly haven't watched him again since the Auburn game. In my preseason notes I made the reference to guys that had the underachieving mark like Calais Campbell, Michael Johnson, and Carlos Dunlap. However, I think he's a bit more consistent than that and is solid against the run... more similar to Dunlap in that regard IMO.