PDA

View Full Version : The problem is the D!!

The Warrior
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
No Offense is going to win in the NFL when a D keeps giving up 30+ point's a game! Even Peyton Manning could not over come this for almost every game this year! I think Fitzpatrick is doing well enough to not draft a QB in the off season if he keeps this up. I would say go for Defense first in draft! The D is in huge trouble right now and only has 1 INT this year? And that is a LB. Fix the Run D and the front 7 then this team will take off. The D really needs help badly.

Buffalo Thriller
10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Look at the Lions. 07-Calvin Johnson 08-Gosder Cherilus(Don't know of him) 09-Stafford,Pettigrew. 10-Suh, Jahvid Best.

Lions have gotten some stars in their drafts. Hopefully ours will start like theirs with a QB.

Ed
10-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Look at the Lions. 07-Calvin Johnson 08-Gosder Cherilus(Don't know of him) 09-Stafford,Pettigrew. 10-Suh, Jahvid Best.

Lions have gotten some stars in their drafts. Hopefully ours will start like theirs with a QB.
I would much rather have Suh than Stafford.

Buffalo Thriller
10-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Stafford was the #1 at that time, when QB was huge for them. If Luck or Locker or even Mallet is there we need to grab them.

Ed
10-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Stafford was the #1 at that time, when QB was huge for them. If Luck or Locker or even Mallet is there we need to grab them.
That doesn't mean the Stafford pick was a good one.

Nighthawk
10-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Uggh...Fitz is not the answer...what is wrong with you people!?!? Now, maybe he'll, by some miracle, become a good QB, but his history doesn't support that. Everybody needs to relax and just let the year play out.

djjimkelly
10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Uggh...Fitz is not the answer...what is wrong with you people!?!? Now, maybe he'll, by some miracle, become a good QB, but his history doesn't support that. Everybody needs to relax and just let the year play out.

i was listening to sirius yesterday and rich gannon was talking about fitz and he said he should be commended for what he has done but strongly stated

he is not a starter in this league.

but we are so starved for good qb play that in a game where by some miracle we threw for over 300 yards we anoint him savior

Nighthawk
10-28-2010, 05:23 PM
i was listening to sirius yesterday and rich gannon was talking about fitz and he said he should be commended for what he has done but strongly stated

but we are so starved for good qb play that in a game where by some miracle we threw for over 300 yards we anoint him savior

It's become pretty comical how some fans are so quick to jump on the next savior...sad really.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2010, 05:23 PM

One would think Gannon would back the guy.

Gannon followed a similar career path.

Nighthawk
10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
One would think Gannon would back the guy.

Gannon followed a similar career path.

True, but even Gannon knows that the goal is to win Championships...I don't think a team can with Fitz as their QB.

Gannon never did either, so maybe he knows from personal experience.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2010, 05:25 PM
True, but even Gannon knows that the goal is to win Championships...I don't think a team can with Fitz as their QB.

Gannon never did either, so maybe he knows from personal experience.

He did take the Raiders to the big game though.

No AFC team was beating that Bucs team.

The Warrior
10-28-2010, 05:26 PM
It's become pretty comical how some fans are so quick to jump on the next savior...sad really.

Your totality taking me out of context and make me look idiot. I said If he keeps this up. Still the D needs more help the O any QB the Bill's draft or not they will face a another long season until the D gets fixed first.

Nighthawk
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Your totality taking me out of context and make me look idiot. I said If he keeps this up. Still the D needs more help the O any QB the Bill's draft or not they will face a another long season until the D gets fixed first.

I agree that the D needs fixing, but if there is a franchise QB available...that is the pick. The Bills need to fire their DC immediately after the season because he has no clue what he is doing and they need to hire a proven, 3-4 coordinator. That will go a long way to improving the defense. Look what Gailey has done for the offense...coaching is HUGE factor and on the defensive side of the ball, they are being led by the blind.

Nighthawk
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
He did take the Raiders to the big game though.

No AFC team was beating that Bucs team.

True, but certain QB's have the makeup of championship QBs...we need one of those.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2010, 05:33 PM
True, but certain QB's have the makeup of championship QBs...we need one of those.

Before Gannon was a Raider, no one would have confused him as being a championship caliber QB.

I'm not backing Fitz either, good backup nothing more in my opinion, just saying how odd it is that Ganoon has the viewpoint he has.

SquishDaFish
10-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I agree that defense is the major problem BUT.. We still need to draft our young franchise QB of the future with our fist pick.