• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

My take on Maybin

A recent article by Jerry Sullivan in the Buffalo News pegged Bills LB Aaron Maybin as the worst player in the NFL. Yes, you are reading that correctly. Sullivan has been known to speak his mind on this team and always creates heated discussions from fellow Bills fans. A lot of fans would probably agree with Mr. Sullivan, but I'm not one of them.

FULL STORY
  • ZAZusmc03
    • Jan 2010

Re: My take on Maybin

Another good read, the closer was awesome. Fix it yesterday lol.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

You seem to be making an article on Jerry's claim, not Maybin. (i.e. "Maybin is definitely NOT the worst player in the NFL.")

I think Sullivan's statement wasn't for literal taking, just that if one was to make an argument, an argument could be made for Maybin, considering how bad our defense is and his inability to get on it. Can you really say an argument can't be made that Maybin's the worst player in the NFL?

For me, I'm not questioning his work ethic or desire and think that his next summer will be the most important one in his life. I think he'll be an okay player next year and will rise (somewhat) from this adversity he's currently going through.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

What are the chances that part of Maybin's problem is he is physically underdeveloped, and that he might grow into an NFL player of at some level given time? Just curious.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

my take is that he sucks and should have stayed in college.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
            What are the chances that part of Maybin's problem is he is physically underdeveloped, and that he might grow into an NFL player of at some level given time? Just curious.

PTR
            Damn, I was thinking the same, Robot. He is a 1st rd pick and expectations are high always no matter what, but just like TLong wrote, the boy is good, has the skills but not the experience nor the body frame as lots of people has been mentioning now. I'm never ready to quit on bills players drafted, but the boy is not a bust and is not stupid also, he was drafted on the wrong spot at the wrong time. Go bills!
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

he needs merriman to give him some steroids to help bulk up. he is so small
              Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 10-29-2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

He will not be a Bill by next season.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

i agree. i believe he will be cut some time in training camp next year.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

He and McCargo should start a support group.

Comment

• Buckets
                      • Jun 2003

I for one do question his talent. To give him an excuse that he held out LAST year is pretty weak. What has he done since then. Being a relatively big man who is able to run fast is not talent. Being able to shed blocks and cover receivers is talent both of which he has not exhibited.

Comment

• T-Long
                        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Buckets
                        I for one do question his talent. To give him an excuse that he held out LAST year is pretty weak. What has he done since then. Being a relatively big man who is able to run fast is not talent. Being able to shed blocks and cover receivers is talent both of which he has not exhibited.
                        I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I was claiming that him holding out has hurt him both on and off the field. You can't tell me that Bills fans don't hold that against him too along with lack of production. It is relevant and it does mean something. He showed the talent in college, but it has yet to transfer into the pros. This happens ALL THE TIME with kids coming out of college. You could name thousands of guys that were very productive in college but tanked it in the pros. I am one that hasn't given up on him yet because I watched every game of his in college and I know what he is capable of. I don't have an answer as to why it hasn't transferred, and neither does Gailey or else it would have been fixed by now.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I wonder if Maybin could be useful at another position.

He's fast, relatively large and relatively strong- just not fast or strong enough to play OLB/DE.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            I wonder if Maybin could be useful at another position.

He's fast, relatively large and relatively strong- just not fast or strong enough to play OLB/DE.
                            But we already have a Long Snapper and a Holder.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf

I think he'll be an okay player next year and will rise (somewhat) from this adversity he's currently going through.
                              thing is, he's gonna have stiff competition from guys like Moats who are already ahead of him right now. Batten will also be back and I think the bills will be drafting more lb'ers .
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X