Forked Thread: What is the Bills best decision over the last 10 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Forked Thread: What is the Bills best decision over the last 10 years?

Forked from: If you could change 1 decision, what would it be?

To fork off of homeslices original thought, and to add a bit of a challenge to it. What is the Bills best move of the last 10 years?

finding Peters as an UDFA? Trading McGahee, Lynch? Signing Moorman?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Forked Thread: What is the Bills best decision over the last 10 years?

I guess no one can think of any.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Probably trading for Bledsoe.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Dick LeBeau.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Signing Takeo Spikes.

I also considered getting a first-round pick for Peerless Price, but that could be considered the Falcons' stupidity as much as a Bills accomplishment.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
            Probably trading for Bledsoe.
            A half-season of lights-out play and failure after three years is not a great use of a first-round pick.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
              A half-season of lights-out play and failure after three years is not a great use of a first-round pick.
              Not to mention it gave the Patriots picks that they used to kick our asses for the next 8 years and counting....
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Thief
                • Sep 2009

Not much to work with here, but I'm going with "Ending the Jauron Era."

It is pathetic that signing Moorman long term is a close second.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

At the time it was made, it was a good move.

Honestly, there aren't many good moves at all.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    At the time it was made, it was a good move.

Honestly, there aren't many good moves at all.
                    It was also our last winning season.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• dog14787
                      • Oct 2010

My hope is bringing in Nix/Gailey as GM/HC,

Looking back I'll say the acquisition of Takeo Spikes or London Fletcher,

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Ralph voting against the last CBA.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

God, what a horrible 10 years. Our best moves were a QB who was good for a half season, a LB who tore up his achilles tendon, a defensive coach who left after a couple(?) of years, and getting rid of a head coach.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

Here's a good one, the throwback uniforms!
                            It was all

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                              Ralph voting against the last CBA.
                              That depends if you value outcome over intent.

Ralph voted against the CBA because, in his OWN words, he "didn't understand it." It's nice to think that he had the foresight to anticipate all these problems that the CBA currently has, but the reality is that the old codger was drooling into his Ensure rather than offering some insightful criticism.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X