PDA

View Full Version : Luck Vs. Locker on right now

Ed
10-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Stanford is play at Washington right now. I have Directv and the game is on Versus where I'm at...

Bangarang
10-30-2010, 08:11 PM
This Luck guy is pretty good.

Ed
10-30-2010, 08:37 PM
I agree. Luck is the kind of guy you use a #1 overall pick on. Not Locker. If Luck doesn't declare, I hope fans around here don't start jumping on the Locker bandwagon just because we need a "franchise" guy.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2010, 11:17 PM
If the Bills draft any QB this year in the 1st round it better be Mallett.

Bangarang
10-30-2010, 11:48 PM
If the Bills draft any QB this year in the 1st round it better be Mallett.

Why Mallett? And don't you think Mallett is quite the reach with a top pick?

TacklingDummy
10-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Why Mallett? And don't you think Mallett is quite the reach with a top pick?
No more of a reach than any other player in the top 10.

If he turns out to be a stud, no one will remember he was a reach.

Bangarang
10-31-2010, 12:10 AM
No more of a reach than any other player in the top 10.

If he turns out to be a stud, no one will remember he was a reach.

If you had to choose between Luck or Mallett, assuming they both come out, you're taking Mallett? Aren't you a little concerned that his lack of mobility would be an issue behind our inexperienced line?

TacklingDummy
10-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Aren't you a little concerned that his lack of mobility would be an issue behind our inexperienced line?
Nope. Good QB's can make lines look better.

Dujek
10-31-2010, 08:25 AM
If you had to choose between Luck or Mallett, assuming they both come out, you're taking Mallett? Aren't you a little concerned that his lack of mobility would be an issue behind our inexperienced line?

For a guy with a supposed lack of mobility he has an amazing ability to take half a step and make blitzing players miss.

He's not going to take off and win games with his legs, but he's more than capable of avoiding the rush and getting his passes off.

cookie G
10-31-2010, 10:08 AM
I'd like to see Luck play a top 50 pass defense before proclaiming him King.

YardRat
10-31-2010, 11:13 AM
I'd like to see Luck play a top 50 pass defense before proclaiming him King.

Not that I'm anointing Luck as anything, but you'll probably get your wish against Arizona (34) and Cal (28), and Oregon (51) would probably be top 50 if Luck hadn't already dropped 29-46, 341 & 2 TD on them.

Poor game against UCLA (54), 11-24, 151 & 2 TD's, but Stanford ran the **** out of the ball.

This season is starting to fall out just like the last...tons of hype on several guys, but most are dropping as the season goes on and nobody is really separating themselves from the crowd (unlike Bradford, and even he had some detractors).

Buffalo Thriller
10-31-2010, 11:29 AM
I liked Locker, but after watching that game... Luck is the best QB undisputed

cookie G
10-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Not that I'm anointing Luck as anything, but you'll probably get your wish against Arizona (34) and Cal (28), and Oregon (51) would probably be top 50 if Luck hadn't already dropped 29-46, 341 & 2 TD on them.

Poor game against UCLA (54), 11-24, 151 & 2 TD's, but Stanford ran the **** out of the ball.

This season is starting to fall out just like the last...tons of hype on several guys, but most are dropping as the season goes on and nobody is really separating themselves from the crowd (unlike Bradford, and even he had some detractors).

There's a good chance they'll draw a decent pass defense in their bowl game.

I can wait.

If he plays a team that gets in his face, cuts off the short stuff and keeps tight coverage on the intermediate stuff, I'll be impressed.

Ponder failed miserably against a halfway decent, but not good Oklahoma pass defense;
Locker failed miserably, among others, against a very good Nebraska defense;
Gabbert failed against a very good Nebraska defense.

I want to see if Luck can succeed against what Gabbert faced yesterday.

tampabay25690
10-31-2010, 05:21 PM
I liked Locker, but after watching that game... Luck is the best QB undisputed

I am a big Locker fan as well.
But from what I hear he had a very bad game last nite but I wasnt able to watch.

Yes LUCK is the best prospect right now but Locker will still be a 1st grade talent but may slip a bit now.....

Nighthawk
10-31-2010, 05:45 PM
I am a big Locker fan as well.
But from what I hear he had a very bad game last nite but I wasnt able to watch.

Yes LUCK is the best prospect right now but Locker will still be a 1st grade talent but may slip a bit now.....

Weren't you also calling for drafting Tebow last year? I don't know, but it seems that you only like the guys who can run around, but are not very good and throwing the ball. Locker has looked horrible the entire year...he will not have a 1st round grade this year.

tampabay25690
10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Weren't you also calling for drafting Tebow last year? I don't know, but it seems that you only like the guys who can run around, but are not very good and throwing the ball. Locker has looked horrible the entire year...he will not have a 1st round grade this year.

WHAT???
1st of all I was a Tebow fan....Locker has not looked terrible all year so you might want to watch some football before you call me out. Obvious he played bad SAT nite so all of a sudden the guys that think they know college ball say he sucks now....Yea he hasn't had a great year at all and now he is probably kicking himself for not coming out last year.....He will have a 1st round grade this year....As soon as he goes to the combine everyone will LUV him again......

Buffalo Thriller
11-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Luck and Locker are the top 2 prospects

Ed
11-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Luck and Locker are the top 2 prospects
Kind of like Manning and Leaf were the top 2 prospects back in 1998? At this point I want nothing to do with Locker in the first 2 rounds.