PDA

View Full Version : Sabres @ Stars GDT

SabreEleven
10-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Ref's are giving this one away...Kaleta gets a penalty for taking a punch to the face

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2010, 07:33 PM
No, the ****ty Sabres will give it away because they suck.

Slim
10-30-2010, 09:09 PM
This team is so bad.

SkateZilla
10-30-2010, 09:29 PM
discipline and defense problems plague this team, and they just suck gobstoppers right now.

clumping platelets
10-30-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm really excited for the Sabres season to start :nod:

clumping platelets
10-30-2010, 11:11 PM
I think I'll just root for my fantasy hockey players now.......NO Sabres on it

Ebenezer
10-30-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm taking early bets that Lindy doesn't make it through the year.

SabreEleven
10-31-2010, 12:25 AM
It just about time they realize that this team isn't in a slump, they just plain suck but they will never realize that.

SabreEleven
10-31-2010, 12:30 AM

I thinking that he will have to die before Regeir fires him

clumping platelets
10-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Lindy can only work with the players he is given

Jan Reimers
10-31-2010, 06:02 AM
This is obviously not a great team, but it is better than its 3-7-2 record. Lindy is getting as little from them as possible. The Sabres are playing with absolutely no passion or determination at all. Their power play and penalty kill units are attrocious.

I usually don't panic or jump off the cliff this early, but I think Lindy has lost this team. He can't seem to motivate them at all. It may be time for him to take his bland and boring systems and move on.

Cleve
10-31-2010, 07:27 AM
That was an awful game - and you can't blame it on the officiating - the Stars scored TWO of their 4 goals short-handed against the Sabres during Sabres' power plays. Tyler Myers looked especially clueless/useless during that first short-handed goal by Dallas.

BuffaloBeliever
10-31-2010, 08:46 AM
A lot of blame has been put on Ruff's shoulders and to be most of it is undeserved. The guy has little to no chance to succeed with a GM as incapable as Regier who consistently refuses to upgrade the roster in free agency or via trades because of his cagey nature. What this team needs more than anything is a shakeup of some kind, whether it's firing Regier or trading for some solid players. Changes need to be made in my opinion.

Ebenezer
10-31-2010, 08:53 AM
A lot of blame has been put on Ruff's shoulders and to be most of it is undeserved. The guy has little to no chance to succeed with a GM as incapable as Regier who consistently refuses to upgrade the roster in free agency or via trades because of his cagey nature. What this team needs more than anything is a shakeup of some kind, whether it's firing Regier or trading for some solid players. Changes need to be made in my opinion.
Go one stop higher. The problem is the owners. Both Ruff and Regier will find other jobs in the league and both will be winners. As long as the owners keep the mentality they have this team is a gate attraction and not a Stanley Cup contender.

SabreEleven
10-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Lindy can only work with the players he is given

I disagree. I think Ruff has one system and one system only but the players he has don't fit into that system. Ruff can't come up with a system that fits the players he has currently. Round block into a square hole theory.

With that be said, after he gets fired and hired the very next day, he win a Stanley Cup with in 3-years of being hired.

Ebenezer
10-31-2010, 09:04 AM
I disagree. I think Ruff has one system and one system only but the players he has don't fit into that system. Ruff can't come up with a system that fits the players he has currently. Round block into a square hole theory.

With that be said, after he gets fired and hired the very next day, he win a Stanley Cup with in 3-years of being hired.
I don't disagree on the system part...but he has won with different types of players. During his time they have played a wide open style and they have played lock down style. He tends to prefer the latter but look how they used to play coming out of the lockout.

SabreEleven
10-31-2010, 09:09 AM
That was an awful game - and you can't blame it on the officiating - the Stars scored TWO of their 4 goals short-handed against the Sabres during Sabres' power plays. Tyler Myers looked especially clueless/useless during that first short-handed goal by Dallas.

The only penatly I thought was bull**** was Kaleta's when the game poked at the puck Lalime already had covered up and Kateta went over to him and the guy punched Kaleta in the face and Kaleta gets one of his reputation penalties...it was the beginning of the end.

Nighthawk
10-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Have I told anybody lately that this team sucks???

Philagape
10-31-2010, 11:38 AM
This is obviously not a great team, but it is better than its 3-7-2 record. Lindy is getting as little from them as possible. The Sabres are playing with absolutely no passion or determination at all. Their power play and penalty kill units are attrocious.

I disagree, I think that's exactly the kind of team this is, and any better than that is overachieving, or just riding Miller's back.
No one can give players like Vanek or Roy or Connolly passion, and they're supposed to be the core of the team. The only ones with passion are the lunch-bucket guys like Kaleta. This team has an inverse ratio between talent and passion, and no coach can undo that.

SkateZilla
10-31-2010, 01:15 PM
I know, they feel bad for the bills and want to let them catch up in wins!

JD
11-02-2010, 12:07 AM
STILL, we are not a bad team skill-wise.. we just don't have the heart to win the big shiny thing.