PDA

View Full Version : file this under "Lindy ain't going anywhere"

chernobylwraiths
10-31-2010, 07:52 AM
from the article

See, when it comes to the Sabres, the need for changing the players or the coach doesn't mean change is coming. Don't be surprised if the roster remains basically intact and Ruff and Regier survive this season given the extenuating circumstances surrounding the organization.

Managing partner Larry Quinn has more important priorities, such as recovering from heart surgery, than firing his general manager and coach. The last thing Quinn needs while he recuperates is the stress that comes with canning two men he trusts to run his hockey team and looking for two new sets of eyes.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article236931.ece

From Losman Win's favorite writer!

I never knew Quinn had heart surgery. Of course, if it was more known, some people might have gone to the hospital to sabotage it.

Jan Reimers
10-31-2010, 09:11 AM
I never knew Quinn had heart surgery. Of course, if it was more known, some people might have gone to the hospital to sabotage it.
I never knew Quinn had a heart.

chernobylwraiths
10-31-2010, 11:47 AM
I never knew Quinn had a heart.

I pictured him more as the scarecrow than the tinman.

rbochan
10-31-2010, 03:01 PM
The Sabres have sapped my passion for Hockey. From the roots up, this organization is poison.

Michael82
11-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Larry Quinn should NOT be running the team. Golisano should use the heart surgery as an excuse to move him to non Hockey operations.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Shouldn't Quinn be let go? The team should follow the same protocal when Teppo Nummenin had the same surgery and was let go.

Regier should be fired. He let it out there what issues this team had and he did not fix those issues. He has basically said what he needed to do to fix the team and he did not do his job.

SabreEleven
11-01-2010, 12:49 PM
That would be great if Quinn wasn't part owner. We're stuck with the taint licker.

trapezeus
11-01-2010, 02:13 PM
The fanbase should hire 5 pseudo GM's to run a fake Sabres team behind the scenes. Make the moves that reiger and golly and crew wouldn't dare make.

While you can't get a real apples to apples comparison, it'd be funny as hell to see how good the pseudo GM's would do compared to the nothingness that Reiger provides.