PDA

View Full Version : Chan Gailey sucks.

sba
10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
First and 10 from the Chiefs 41 and he calls 3 passes. This putz makes Jauron looks like Vince Lombardi

Crisis
10-31-2010, 03:47 PM
he did it twice.

so stupid.

he's coaching like 50 yards is a routine kick with those kind of winds.

mrbojanglezs
10-31-2010, 03:48 PM
why do we do so much spread

kingJofNYC
10-31-2010, 03:48 PM
The playcalling once we got inside the 40 wasn't very good, should have ran more. Then again, if he ran and they were stopped, everyone would be moaning about being conservative.

2nd half play calling was in general pretty good.

Edit: Chiefs are ranked around 25 against pass, 6 against run. May have been a factor as well.

BILLSROCK1212
10-31-2010, 03:50 PM
gailey sucks, gailey's awesome, i have hope with gailey, i miss jauron...shut up and just realize our team sucks and winning or losing this game was not going to change the season

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 03:52 PM
why do we do so much spread

Because, that's the type of Offense Gailey runs.

Another game with Jauron we win.

MikeInRoch
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM

That's very doubtful.

colin
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
The playcalling once we got inside the 40 wasn't very good, should have ran more. Then again, if he ran and they were stopped, everyone would be moaning about being conservative.

2nd half play calling was in general pretty good.

Edit: Chiefs are ranked around 25 against pass, 6 against run. May have been a factor as well.

strong point, but i've got to think you still have to try a couple from time to time.

Dujek
10-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Certainly the second time they were in that situation I would have expected them to run it, but then again KC were loading the box. If Fitz makes the pass to Spiller then this conversation doesn't happen.

kingJofNYC
10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
strong point, but i've got to think you still have to try a couple from time to time.

Yeah, I wanted at least one run as well.

LOL at this being a winnable game with Jauron at the helm, we probably wouldn't have moved the ball at all in the 2nd half if he was still here.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 04:00 PM
That's very doubtful.

Not even close to doubtful.

We have a college spread offense running idiot at the helm.

A guy who completely abandons the running game for no apparent reason consistently from week to week.

At the very worst, if we run the ball more, we tie.

It's like the Football Gods decided to laugh at us and give us Steve Spurrier as the HC.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I wanted at least one run as well.

LOL at this being a winnable game with Jauron at the helm, we probably wouldn't have moved the ball at all in the 2nd half if he was still here.

Yeah, because Jauron teams never played teams close or never beat the Chiefs right?

kingJofNYC
10-31-2010, 04:03 PM
We averaged around 3 yards a carry, our run game was non-existent. It wasn't going anywhere.

Again, he should have ran the ball inside the 40, just to get a couple of yards closer, but abandoning the run is what got us back into the game.

Yeah, because Jauron teams never played teams close or never beat the Chiefs right?

It's not the same Chiefs though. This Chiefs team gave the Colts all they could handle, they creamed the Chargers, and are mashing teams in the ground game.

Ingtar33
10-31-2010, 04:09 PM

the sad fact is, you're probably right about today.

The Warrior
10-31-2010, 04:30 PM
I would have run atlease 1 or twice of those 3 times. Also make it short for a easier third down to convert 3rd or 5 or something like that. That is what hurt the Bill's today and would of move Lindell closer and not farther back.

Crisis
10-31-2010, 04:32 PM
i dislike gailey, but haley made him look like a genius today.

the only thing haley did right today was call a timeout.

and thats not a gailey compliment.....haley was that bad

Crisis
10-31-2010, 04:38 PM
he does have roscoe parrish looking like a legit nfl player though.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Fire this SOB

tampabay25690
10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Last I knew KC had 1 of the better run defenses if anyone knew that...
I think Chan called a better 2nd half...

SeatownBillsFan21
10-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah his 2nd half was decent but as a whole he **** the bed oh well 0-7 and hind sight is always 20/20

Nighthawk
10-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Funny thing is...Gailey has this offense producing more then we've seen in years and with a crappy QB AND still people are complaining. Awesome...

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Funny thing is...Gailey has this offense producing more then we've seen in years and with a crappy QB AND still people are complaining. Awesome...

Not really.

We put up 30 point games last year.

Hell we put up 54 on the Chiefs 2 years ago.

Nighthawk
10-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Not really.

You have no arguement, so let's not even get into it.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 05:20 PM
You have no arguement, so let's not even get into it.

I don't?

Dick Jaurons last full season 2008 we averaged 21 points a game.

Right now we're averaging 18.7 points a game.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-31-2010, 05:20 PM
Not really.

Sure we put up 30 points game last year but we consistantly we sucked at scoring hence averaging 15.5 points a game last year. This year we are well over that and that's playing 6 really good defense's to start. To say he hasn't improved the offense is histarical.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Gailey has regressed the defense. It was his call to go to a 3-4 too

kingJofNYC
10-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Look at the production from Parrish and Johnson, both were riding the pine last year.

I can't believe we have Jauron dick riders, are you people watching the same team? Gailey runs 4 Verticals, Levels, Dig/Shallow concept a lot, these are combos I haven't seen out of any Dick Jauron offense.

Beebe's Kid
10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
It also appears that we made adjustments...and that players are improving the more they work in the system.

There is not argument for Jauron. Period.

Today we lost a tough game to a tough team.

As odd as it sounds...at 0-7 there isn't going to be any taking this team lightly. We are getting laughed at a lot less now, then we were a couple weeks ago.

People will piss and moan about this, and every other game, but if we had some defensive animals, this team would be in a lot better position.

I don't know why, but it feels like this is a rebuild year. I thought everybody knew this was going to happen. This team is fighting hard, and playing close games against good teams. Two teams that will likely make the playoffs, on the road, in overtime...I will never be "happy" with a loss, but I am encouraged.

Novacane
10-31-2010, 06:54 PM
i dislike gailey, but haley made him look like a genius today.

the only thing haley did right today was call a timeout.

and thats not a gailey compliment.....haley was that bad

Haley is a moron. That going for it all the time is going to come back and bite him against good teams. If we'd of won in OT he'd of been getting killed for passing on the FG early in the game.

DynaPaul
10-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Anybody pining for Jauron is on crack.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Anybody pining for Jauron is on crack.

Likewise for anyone who thinks Chan Gailey football is an improvement.

We're further away from being a competitive NFL franchise today than we were week 17 last year.

more cowbell
10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Remember when this team was playing inspired football under Perry Fewell?

Anyone seen Fewell's defense this season....?

Yeah...Chan Gailey was a great hire though because Cowher "recommended" him

YardRat
10-31-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm OK with Gailey and his play-calling overall, but admit he does have a tendency to pitch the run a little early. Also, those first-half power sweeps were getting ridiculous.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm OK with Gailey and his play-calling overall, but admit he does have a tendency to pitch the run a little early. Also, those first-half power sweeps were getting ridiculous.

Another bad play call.

To run those plays you have to have athletic agile offensive lineman.

We have nothing close to that.

Novacane
10-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Those sweeps were really starting to piss me off.

Syderick
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Chan Gailey should now be on the hot seat.

dasaybz
10-31-2010, 09:30 PM
This offense is miles ahead of where it was the past 6 years at least. Every single Bills fan has hated our offense. Now we finally have a guy in charge that can actually call a decent football game, and some of you guys want him fired? Did I miss something?

This offense clearly has alot of work to do, but I LOVE the direction it is taking. This year is obviously lost, but most of us knew it was before the season started. I would be pissed as hell if Gailey was fired, and this offense clearly is going to get better.

Zero
10-31-2010, 09:34 PM

Surely you jest. Who would have ever thought that one day we'd look at the Jauron years through rose-colored glasses? Jauron was a tool and this Chiefs team would have easily dropped us in regulation had he been coach. Its easy to blame Gailey but the Bills had plenty of opportunities to put this game away. If Fitz hits Spiller, who was wide open, in the endzone we're not even having this conversation...

Figster
10-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Myself personally, seeing an offense that actually resembles an offense with WR's making plays down the field is a sight for sore eyes.

We lost another tough one, but you can't fault Chan Gailey for Ryan Fitzpatrick's inconsistencies/hot and cold nature.

Joe Fo Sho
10-31-2010, 09:50 PM
I think it's pretty difficult to say the Jauron would've won this game, for 3 main reasons.

1 - How would Cassel and this offense done against the old tampa 2 defense?

2 - Trent Edwards would still be quarterback

3 - We'd have 6-9 starters on IR right now, who knows who they would be.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Hes got my endorsement for an OC that about it

jdbillsfan
10-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Gailey called a run, but Fitz checked out of it.

I am happy with Gailey and the play calling. They had plenty of opportunities to win today and that is on the players.

Gailey also seems to coach to win. The throw to spiller was gutsy and should have paid off.

I would rather see that then stop attacking.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2010, 11:21 PM
passing the ball every ****ing time when you're on the 40? come on man. pure stupidity IMO. my brother is a great high school football coach and just couldn't get what he was thinking. we were sitting at the bar eating dinner and just couldn't understand what was going on. i don't know why gailey gives up on pounding the rock all the time. i thought that a power running game was his forte?

Spiderweb
11-01-2010, 02:09 AM
First and 10 from the Chiefs 41 and he calls 3 passes. This putz makes Jauron looks like Vince Lombardi

Well, I agree there should have been a kix, just like when Jauron used to just run three consecutive times when a pass would have been the less expected call I recall a Cleveland game a year or two back). Today, we simply saw the reverse Jauron. Neither worked......

Nighthawk
11-01-2010, 04:55 PM
passing the ball every ****ing time when you're on the 40? come on man. pure stupidity IMO. my brother is a great high school football coach and just couldn't get what he was thinking. we were sitting at the bar eating dinner and just couldn't understand what was going on. i don't know why gailey gives up on pounding the rock all the time. i thought that a power running game was his forte?

And everybody *****ed when Jauron RAN the ball everytime in the same type of situation...people are never happy.

Crisis
11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
are there any quotes or anything that said fitz checked out of a run?

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 05:01 PM
And everybody *****ed when Jauron RAN the ball everytime in the same type of situation...people are never happy.

I was not one of those people.

Running the ball when you have confidence in your kicker to make the kick is the right call 100 times out of 100.

historypete
11-01-2010, 05:05 PM
This is funny. Everyone is killing Gailey for throwing 3 times at the Chiefs 41. I clearly remember two years ago on a Monday night game at home where Jauron ran 3 straight times to give Lindell an opportunity at a 50 yd FG, which he missed. I killed Jauron back then as did many people on this board for his ultra-conservative play calling.

This time around, I have no problems with Gailey being aggressive. In fact I prefer it to just running the ball three times into the middle of the line. If Gailey had done that and the same outcome occurred everyone would be killing him now. It is a no win situation with some people around here. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't. In my mind, I'd rather have him be aggressive and attack regardless of outcome.

better days
11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Remember when this team was playing inspired football under Perry Fewell?

Anyone seen Fewell's defense this season....?

Yeah...Chan Gailey was a great hire though because Cowher "recommended" him

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure the Giants players have something to do with how that defense looks.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah, well I'm pretty sure the Giants players have something to do with how that defense looks.

Also has to do with Perry being a better DC than George Edwards.

better days
11-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Also has to do with Perry being a better DC than George Edwards.

No way to prove that Edwards could not do as well as Fewell on that team.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Chan actually called running plays that Fitz checked out of.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 05:28 PM
No way to prove that Edwards could not do as well as Fewell on that team.

Oh but it is easy to prove that Fewell did much better with this team.

better days
11-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Oh but it is easy to prove that Fewell did much better with this team.

The Bills have switched to a DIFFERENT defense & the UNDERSIZED players that were mediocre in the cover 2 are TERRIBLE in the new defense, so no you can't prove a thing.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
The Bills have switched to a DIFFERENT defense & the UNDERSIZED players that were mediocre in the cover 2 are TERRIBLE in the new defense, so no you can't prove a thing.

A different defense that is on pace to be a top 5 worst ever defense in the history of the NFL.

Other teams switch to the 3-4 without the proper personnel and don't look this bad. Some people around here even thought it would be an improvement.

Hell, I even thought there would be a regression, but not a regression on par with the worst defenses ever.

TrEd FTW
11-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Fitz had Spiller wide open for what should have been the game-winning touchdown on one of the plays in question. Gailey's call, to get Spiller racing a linebacker down the sidelines, worked like a charm there; the execution failed.

My point? If Fitz completes that pass, this thread doesn't exist.