PDA

View Full Version : LOL

Canadian'eh!
10-31-2010, 04:04 PM
How the heck can the Bills continue to lose games so heart-breakingly? I mean good god. Just when you think they can't possibly lose in more agonizing fashion, they find a way.

This team is like getting repeated punches tot eh stomach... it's almost an art form.

Mad Bomber
10-31-2010, 05:31 PM
More like repeated kicks to the nuts.

Michael82
10-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Come on....tell me this. Once Lindell made the 53-yard field goal when the Chiefs took a timeout to freeze the kicker, did you really think he would make it again? Nope. I was actually waiting for him to miss it, it was so obvious and typical Bills fashion. :ill:

Mad Max
10-31-2010, 05:36 PM
More like paper cuts. Two or three punches to the gut or kicks to the junk and you're knocked out.

Paper cuts are agonizing and kill you slooooooowly.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2010, 06:21 PM
i think i lost 5-10 years on my life span today. totally depressing.

OpIv37
10-31-2010, 06:46 PM
i think i lost 5-10 years on my life span today. totally depressing.
That was me after the Jags loss in the 04 opener, the 04 closer against Pitt, the 2007 Dallas MNF game, last years opener against NE, etc. Now I'm just numb to it. You know they will lose, and you know at least 2x a year they will lose in some agonizing fashion previously thought impossible.

It jus doesnt phase me when all it means is being 0-7 instead of 1-6.

Hogwasher
10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
They find a way to lose. It is a collective discomfort with taking on another role at this point. Buffalo is a loser city. It has a reputation as one. That will be hard to change.

DynaPaul
10-31-2010, 07:28 PM
I knew they would find a way to lose in the end and wasn't fooling myself that they'd pull it out. In boxing terms, our Bills are tomato cans.

Patti120
10-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Fortunately I've gotten used to this over the last 35 years and am no longer surprised by these things. I'm actually just happy to see us be in games the last two weeks. As much as I'd obviously like to see a win the last two weeks have been some of the best games I've seen the bills play in the last 10 years.

Oaf
10-31-2010, 08:41 PM
That was me after the Jags loss in the 04 opener, the 04 closer against Pitt, the 2007 Dallas MNF game, last years opener against NE, etc. Now I'm just numb to it. You know they will lose, and you know at least 2x a year they will lose in some agonizing fashion previously thought impossible.

It jus doesnt phase me when all it means is being 0-7 instead of 1-6.
I was in the same exact circumstance Op. After those losses and those years, I get this inexplicable likely evil grin that crawls across my face when it starts to happen again.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2010, 10:42 PM
They find a way to lose. It is a collective discomfort with taking on another role at this point. Buffalo is a loser city. It has a reputation as one. That will be hard to change.

buffalo is the #2 rated best city to live on yahoo. take that comment and shove it up your ass. the bills need to make us, the fans, proud to be their fans again. hogwasher? more like ballwasher.

Hogwasher
10-31-2010, 10:55 PM
buffalo is the #2 rated best city to live on yahoo. take that comment and shove it up your ass. the bills need to make us, the fans, proud to be their fans again. hogwasher? more like ballwasher.

We agree that Buffalo is a great city and that the Bills need to make their loyal fans proud. No argument here, I live it and love it. You'll forgive me if I decline to shove that comment up my ass.

What I am saying is that our challenge is a culture change. Bills have not had a winning team in so long that there isnt a real winning culture right now. I think Gailey has all but parted Lake Erie to make that happen. We shall see.

imbondz
10-31-2010, 11:12 PM
I always think I'm numb to this, but I felt like i was punched in the gut today yet again.

Canadian'eh!
11-01-2010, 05:19 AM
I twant the Bills to go 0-16.

While there is no gurantee, I think they need that level of Embarassment in order to invoke any real change. The biggest problem teh Bills ahve had is the ability to hide behind a semi-respectable 7-9 record, and claim tehy are "close" when they never reallly were.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-01-2010, 06:26 AM
And pretty much everyone I've ever heard thinks that the writer of that article was either crazy or a government employee.

Jan Reimers
11-01-2010, 06:31 AM
How the heck can the Bills continue to lose games so heart-breakingly?
Practice, practice, practice.