PDA

View Full Version : i love spiller but

DrGraves
10-31-2010, 04:07 PM
but if you aren't going to use him... then we should have just picked a DT of OT or someone that could be an anchor for years to come..

Crisis
10-31-2010, 04:08 PM
he should've walked into the endzone today for the GW TD but fitz missed him

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Completely useless are the two words that come to mind.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Fitz sucks. Spiller burned Derrick Johnson

Novacane
10-31-2010, 04:16 PM
I liked that they started to get him involved in the passing game today. He made the play to win the game and Fitz blew it. I think we're gonna start seeing more and more of him as the season goes along and will like what we see.

BTW.......what DL or OL drafted after Spiller is making a huge difference for his team?

Beebe's Kid
10-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I liked that they started to get him involved in the passing game today. He made the play to win the game and Fitz blew it. I think we're gonna start seeing more and more of him as the season goes along and will like what we see.

BTW.......what DL or OL drafted after Spiller is making a huge difference for his team?
This.

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2010, 06:36 PM

I can name RBs who were taken in the late rounds/undrafted that are doing more than Spiller. RBs should be instant impact. Linemen take time. Spiller @ 9 = wasted pick.

Novacane
10-31-2010, 06:52 PM
I can name RBs who were taken in the late rounds/undrafted that are doing more than Spiller. RBs should be instant impact. Linemen take time. Spiller @ 9 = wasted pick.

Who should they have taken instead?

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 06:53 PM

Dez Bryant.

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2010, 06:58 PM

Well for starters LaGarrette Blunt in the 7th if you wanna talk RBs.

Novacane
10-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Dez Bryant.

Fair enough. At least you have a name. These guys keep saying we should have taken a lineman. I'd like to hear from them what lineman we should have taken there.

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Fair enough. At least you have a name. These guys keep saying we should have taken a lineman. I'd like to hear from them what lineman we should have taken there.

Everytime I watch Bulaga he looks better than Cordaro Howard, Cornell Green, and Eric Wood combined. Just sayin....

Novacane
10-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Well for starters LaGarrette Blunt in the 7th if you wanna talk RBs.

The question was who should we have drafted with the #9 pick.

Mr. Pink

I fully agree this team needs playmakers. I don't feel any of the QBs were worth taking that high, neither did the rest of the NFL. I just feel we didn't that playmaker to be a RB, so I go with the playmaker at WR.

Hogwasher
Spiller misses the hole on plays that have a designed hole. He just doesnt know what he is doing in there. He has the speed and agility to return kicks, but doesnt seem to have the right idea.

Novacane
10-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Everytime I watch Bulaga he looks better than Cordaro Howard, Cornell Green, and Eric Wood combined. Just sayin....

That's not saying much :lol: Time will tell if they made the right pick. I don't know either way right now. Spiller has shown some signs. That's way ahead of last years #1 bust Maybin.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Spiller misses the hole on plays that have a designed hole. He just doesnt know what he is doing in there. He has the speed and agility to return kicks, but doesnt seem to have the right idea.

Spiller seems to be a guy who still thinks he can make plays based on his speed and athleticism alone. He hasn't figured out yet that what worked in college doesn't work in the NFL. The place where everyone has speed and athleticism.

Maybe once he realizes this he'll learn to work on his vision and hole recognition.

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2010, 07:05 PM
That's not saying much :lol: Time will tell if they made the right pick. I don't know either way right now. Spiller has shown some signs. That's way ahead of last years #1 bust Maybin.

True. Spiller does have as many sacks as Maybin in one less year :ill:

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 07:05 PM

But still behind their last 3 highly drafted backs and their WFL find at RB.

What seems to be the issue with Spiller is something that can be corrected however I still don't think he'll ever be a workhorse.

YardRat
10-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Beautiful play call by Gailey to get the mismatch Spiller vs a LB..he's coming along, but we'll always need a version of Fred Jackson/Marshawn Lynch/Thomas Jones to shoulder much of the load. Kick returns, he looks hesitant to pick a lane, and just blows to where the spot is designed.

more cowbell
10-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Was excited when we picked him.

Now im not. Complete waste of a pick. Has done nothing overly impressive this season and is a liability in pass protection.

Meanwhile we have Cordaro Howard and Demetrius Bell starting...good job FO again.

Oh yeah and our 2nd round pick is useless...because apparently we switched back to a 4-3 now...which also makes our 3rd round pick useless. That Buddy Nix was some hire! Glad to see he's got things headed in the right direction!

Buffalogic
11-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Where were these novel ideas predraft? Oh wait I forgot, it's easy to be an expert after the fact. Hindsight is always 20/20. Spiller will be fine, the bills are improving every week, that's all we can really ask for at this point.

kelly2reed4six
11-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Dez Bryant.

Why? So he could be doing nothing here too?

The person picked at the position doesn't matter....its the team that picked him. Plain and simple.