PDA

View Full Version : Blame This Loss on Fitz*****

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-31-2010, 04:10 PM
We HAVE TO DRAFT A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND. Enough of these losers. We're set to kick the winning FG & journeyman 7th rounder Fitz picks that instant to let his small hands lose control of the rock. Pitiful. Enough of the "great bridge to the future" Fitz. That crap doesn't happen to winners.

P.S. Mallett looked pretty darned strong to me yesterday. Fitz lovers: Shut up.:darth:

The Warrior
10-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Blame the lose on playcalling. Playcalling was terrible today and no Run D. Run D get's the second blame for this lose!

imbondz
10-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Our D held KC to 13 pts. I can hardly place blame on that, even tho our Run D does suck.

Night Train
10-31-2010, 04:18 PM
I blame the long snapper.

I believe he's the only target we haven't covered.

OpIv37
10-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Fitz sucked today.

But let's give him the rest of the season to show us if he's the Baltimore Fitz or the KC Fitz.

And btw, if Fitz continues to suck like this we need to FIND a QB. We don't necessarily need to draft one- we should only do that if the right guy is available. This team has far too many needs to pass on a good player to reach for a QB.

Owen DeBoard
10-31-2010, 04:35 PM
I hope the QB we draft can tackle too maybe he can play defense too.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Blame the lose on playcalling. Playcalling was terrible today and no Run D. Run D get's the second blame for this lose!
Gailey is a better head coach than we deserve. There is NO talent on this team. Lombardi would do no better. Wake up.:tongue:

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Gailey is a better head coach than we deserve. There is NO talent on this team. Lombardi would do no better. Wake up.:tongue:

Dick Jauron did better.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Fitz sucked today.

But let's give him the rest of the season to show us if he's the Baltimore Fitz or the KC Fitz.

And btw, if Fitz continues to suck like this we need to FIND a QB. We don't necessarily need to draft one- we should only do that if the right guy is available. This team has far too many needs to pass on a good player to reach for a QB.
We MAY need to find a QB? ***** LOL. I say we take our time & wait 10 more years. By that time you can follow the Oklahoma City Bisons or another city where the team has moved. The future is now. Don't be a loser, find a QB in the upcoming draft. If we don't, another team will. I'm SICK of patience. ENOUGH!:penalty:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Dick Jauron did better.
BS:penalty:

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
BS:penalty:

Oh so when the Bills were a 7-9 team a couple years ago they were more talented than they are today?

:rofl:

Joe Fo Sho
10-31-2010, 04:44 PM
We MAY need to find a QB? ***** LOL. I say we take our time & wait 10 more years. By that time you can follow the Oklahoma City Bisons or another city where the team has moved. The future is now. Don't be a loser, find a QB in the upcoming draft. If we don't, another team will. I'm SICK of patience. ENOUGH!:penalty:

LOL************LOL************LOL

SO EFFING ANNOYING

k-oneputt
10-31-2010, 04:46 PM
So we can use our first pick of the draft on a qb again ????? You think ??????

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh so when the Bills were a 7-9 team a couple years ago they were more talented than they are today?

:rofl:
LOL. Okay. You're right. LOL. WHO should take over as HC? The league changes year to year, my friend. Perhaps we can get Rich Kotite!!:sigh:

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 04:52 PM
LOL. Okay. You're right. LOL. WHO should take over as HC? The league changes year to year, my friend. Perhaps we can get Rich Kotite!!:sigh:

Perhaps we can get an NFL caliber coach. Not a guy who thinks he's still in ACC.

Perhaps this NFL caliber coach can hire NFL caliber coordinators too!

Then maybe we'll run an NFL caliber offense and defense.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Perhaps we can get an NFL caliber coach. Not a guy who thinks he's still in ACC.

Perhaps this NFL caliber coach can hire NFL caliber coordinators too!

Then maybe we'll run an NFL caliber offense and defense.
Suggestions? Don't ***** without throwing solutions out there. That's all you do.:crazy:

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Suggestions? Don't ***** without throwing solutions out there. That's all you do.:crazy:

I'd rather have Jauron and Fewell coaching today than what we have now.

Hire Billick.

There's 2.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-31-2010, 05:07 PM

Hire Billick.

There's 2.
My, you have all the answers. LOL. Any coach of the Bills this year would get the same results. The key is a franchise QB. I say draft one & develop the kid. Bring in Ricky Ray from the CFL to be the starter until he's ready.:2cents: Disagree if you wish. We are sitting pretty at this point, afterall.:sarcasm2:

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 05:11 PM
My, you have all the answers. LOL. Any coach of the Bills this year would get the same results. The key is a franchise QB. I say draft one & develop the kid. Bring in Ricky Ray from the CFL to be the starter until he's ready.:2cents: Disagree if you wish. We are sitting pretty at this point, afterall.:sarcasm2:

Wrong.

We lose football games because we have a DC who has the worst 3-4 schemed defense I've ever seen, well when we do decide to run the 3-4. We don't blitz and we put players in positions to fail. See todays game with POS trying to cover Jamaal Charles one on one.

And we run an offense that while may be competitive in the ACC, it doesn't work in the NFL. Steve Spurrier was a great college spread HC who did nothing in the NFL. The strength of this team is running the ball, Gailey just abandons it for no apparent reason week after week.

tampabay25690
10-31-2010, 05:12 PM
LOL

YardRat
10-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Coordinators are the key to success, more so than the HC. I understand the good ol' boy networks, and working with somebody that you're comfortable with and have worked with before, but the game is about winning.

Novacane
10-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Gailey is a better head coach than we deserve

:roflmao: You've outdone yourself with that gem.

YardRat
10-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Lindell has to make that kick. Everything else is moot, because as it shook out we had the opportunity to win the game and he blew it.

Novacane
10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Lindell has to make that kick. Everything else is moot, because as it shook out we had the opportunity to win the game and he blew it.

A 53 yard kick is no gimme

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 07:31 PM

Gailey needs to call a couple running plays when you're "in range" for what you think your kicker can make.

1. for more yards

2. to be on the field where the kicker wants to be

That second kick by Lindell if he's 3 yards closer probably is good.

YardRat
10-31-2010, 07:32 PM
A 53 yard kick is no gimme

Granted, but for Lindell it should be a money shot most of the time.

YardRat
10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Gailey needs to call a couple running plays when you're "in range" for what you think your kicker can make.

1. for more yards

2. to be on the field where the kicker wants to be

That second kick by Lindell if he's 3 yards closer probably is good.

Granted again, but he already made it once and it's not really that close to the limit of his range.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-31-2010, 08:16 PM
It is never one player, but Fitz was not very good today. He missed a lot of open receivers and threw some other terrible throws, including that interception, and don't tell me it slipped, NFL quarterbacks don't slip.

Philagape
10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Wrong.

We lose football games because we have a DC who has the worst 3-4 schemed defense I've ever seen, well when we do decide to run the 3-4. We don't blitz and we put players in positions to fail. See todays game with POS trying to cover Jamaal Charles one on one.

And we run an offense that while may be competitive in the ACC, it doesn't work in the NFL. Steve Spurrier was a great college spread HC who did nothing in the NFL. The strength of this team is running the ball, Gailey just abandons it for no apparent reason week after week.

So it was the running game that led to averaging over 24 points the last four games? It's the running backs who are among the league leaders?

OpIv37
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM

???

I never used the word "may."

How are they supposed to find a QB if there isn't one there? Just because we're desperate for a QB doesn't make any of the available options any better.

I agree, I'm sick of patience. I'm sick of perpetually building for a future that never quite arrives. It sucks. But reaching for a QB isn't going to solve that problem.

TigerJ
10-31-2010, 09:46 PM
There was enough blame in this game to spread around a bit. It was easily Fitz's worst game as a Bill IMO, as he did in abundance what I always fear from him, made wild passes. I'm willing to hold off judgment on him, but many more games like this and I'll be back on the QB in round 1 bandwagon. The offensive line wasn't very good in this game, particularly in the first half. The defense got torched for yardage on the ground again, but keeping the Chiefs to 13 points has to count for something.

I think what I'm seeing is a pattern I've seen before. This is a team that with all its problems is getting better, but it's not a smooth progression. One part of the team gets a little better, somebody else has a bad game. They are playing good teams tough but in the end are beating themselves with mistakes. They don't know how to win at this point. It's terribly frustrating to watch this as a fan, but I think Buffalo has to stay the course for the time being and trust that Nix and Gailey will bring improvement.

I don't believe this team is going to go winless this season, but it looks like they're going to have their highest first round pick in the last decade come next April.

G Wolly
10-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Granted again, but he already made it once and it's not really that close to the limit of his range.

Do you understand the term "swirling wind"?

djjimkelly
10-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Fitz sucked today.

he is in between those 2 Fitz which means he is a nice backup which we already knew and we desperately require a starting qb

fitz caught lightning in a bottle vs the ravens but thats all it was hes a perfect journeyman to be our 2

imbondz
10-31-2010, 11:17 PM
it's not about this team not knowing how to win, it's about this organization not knowing how to win anymore, settling for mediocrity and now much less for the past 10 years.

imbondz
10-31-2010, 11:19 PM
if not for the cheesy TO taken by the Chiefs, which I don't understand how is a legal move, we win. Fitz is the winning QB, and Cassell loses. It's impossible to blame this loss all on Fitz

Mr. Pink
10-31-2010, 11:28 PM
So it was the running game that led to averaging over 24 points the last four games? It's the running backs who are among the league leaders?

The Bills are 13th in the NFL in rushing yards per game and 9th in YPC. 26th in passing.

You tell me which is the strength of the offense.

BertSquirtgum
11-01-2010, 12:17 AM

how many times has this happened with him? more than enough to find a new kicker, imo.

Philagape
11-01-2010, 12:58 AM
The Bills are 13th in the NFL in rushing yards per game and 9th in YPC. 26th in passing.

Yeah, that total wouldn't have anything to do with Trent Edwards playing the first two games.
And notice you used averages for the rushing and totals for the passing. Whatever spin to try to climb out of the hole you dug.
Fitz's YPA was sixth in the league. And his 7.3 YPC gives the rushing stats a little boost as well.
Both the rushing and passing stats took a hit today. Jackson and Spiller had a 3.1 YPC.
Fitz is still the team's MVP, as little as that means.

G Wolly
11-01-2010, 01:09 AM
how many times has this happened with him? more than enough to find a new kicker, imo.

Perhaps this is me "shaking my pom-poms" and "drinking the kool-aid" and being a homer,

but no matter who's kicking that ball, from 50 yards away into swirling wind doesn't yield a definitive outcome.

BertSquirtgum
11-01-2010, 01:17 AM
again. how many times can he miss kicks to blow games? too many not to warrant looking for another kicker. he made the first one, why did he miss the second? his excuse was that the grass was loose and he didn't get all of it. what a professional.

G Wolly
11-01-2010, 01:21 AM
again. how many times can he miss kicks to blow games? too many not to warrant looking for another kicker. he made the first one, why did he miss the second? his excuse was that the grass was loose and he didn't get all of it. what a professional.

The second kick had plenty of leg behind it too since it hit the upright.

Again I say, Swirling Wind.

Perhaps you missed Succop's first attempt that took a nice sharp turn to the left in the air.

TMu11
11-01-2010, 05:04 AM
If we're just going to keep putting all blame on a single person, I blame Dr. Taylor Zaius

Jan Reimers
11-01-2010, 06:19 AM
I blame the long snapper.

I believe he's the only target we haven't covered.
Actually, Moorman's last punt, which gave them good field position at their 31, was pretty brutal.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-01-2010, 07:02 AM
If we're just going to keep putting all blame on a single person, I blame Dr. Taylor Zaius
That's Dr. Zaius. I have no connection to Taylor. I'd appreciate the mods changing my name back, by the way. Go ahead, blame me. I have big shoulders & can take it. LOL:cheers:

Mahdi
11-01-2010, 07:56 AM

Hire Billick.

There's 2.
Gailey is doing a good job. All you do is look at the final score and base everything on that. This team is not about the final results right now. They are an improving team and Gailey has given this offense direction, identity and confidence.

He is a very good play caller and a smart strategist.

He has done a great job and getting the OL to play decent football is further proof of that.

The defense is also improving week by week but will not get far till we add some talent on the front 7.

Coaching is NOT a problem on this team.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Gailey is light years ahead of Jauron offensively.

I guess our wr's are good enough now ? Remember Parrish who many wanted to cut, Johnson can play, Evans is above avg., Nelson is a keeper too.

McBFLO
11-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Fitz sucked today.

What are your thoughts on Carson Palmer? He's apparently going to be gone from Cincy after this season. Any interest there? He's clearly talented and has had some success. Maybe Gailey can fix whatever the hell happened to him?

Bill Cody
11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
That's Dr. Zaius. I have no connection to Taylor. I'd appreciate the mods changing my name back, by the way. Go ahead, blame me.

If you really believe that's true you have bigger issues than we thought. Please check out this site as a starting point to get the help you need. Good luck.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-multiple-personality-disorder.htm

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-01-2010, 10:59 AM
If you really believe that's true you have bigger issues than we thought. Please check out this site as a starting point to get the help you need. Good luck.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-multiple-personality-disorder.htm
Idiot.:hand:

Dr. Lecter
11-01-2010, 11:04 AM
OK everybody - let's tone it down a little. 'K?

justasportsfan
11-01-2010, 11:07 AM

Zauis should be allowed to create 1 thread a month only.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-01-2010, 11:13 AM
No problem. Can you please change my username back to Dr. Zaius? I am not the same poster as "Taylor". Isn't there a way you can confirm this & let the other posters know I'm not lying? Thanks in advance.

Historian
11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Gailey is light years ahead of Jauron offensively.

Unfortunately, he's about 32 parsecs behind Jauron on defense.

This is the problem with making coordinators your head coach.

better days
11-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Unfortunately, he's about 32 parsecs behind Jauron on defense.

This is the problem with making coordinators your head coach.

Most HC's were coordinators at one time, with a few exceptions like Raheem Morris, he was only a position coach.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, that total wouldn't have anything to do with Trent Edwards playing the first two games.
And notice you used averages for the rushing and totals for the passing. Whatever spin to try to climb out of the hole you dug.
Fitz's YPA was sixth in the league. And his 7.3 YPC gives the rushing stats a little boost as well.
Both the rushing and passing stats took a hit today. Jackson and Spiller had a 3.1 YPC.
Fitz is still the team's MVP, as little as that means.

6.3 YPA passing as well, which is also 26th in the league.

Fitzpatrick YPA's is 19th in the league at 6.8

Philagape
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
6.3 YPA passing as well, which is also 26th in the league.

Fitzpatrick YPA's is 19th in the league at 6.8

Jackson's YPC is 33rd, and Spiller would be in the 26-30 range if he had enough attempts to qualify.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Jackson's YPC is 33rd, and Spiller would be in the 26-30 range if he had enough attempts to qualify.

So in terms of this discussion you're just throwing out Lynch's rushing here and Fitzpatricks because it makes the rushing offense not look as good?

Philagape
11-01-2010, 05:20 PM
So in terms of this discussion you're just throwing out Lynch's rushing here and Fitzpatricks because it makes the rushing offense not look as good?

Why would I include Lynch, since he's no longer on the team?
Your contention was that the Bills' running game IS the strength of the team, present tense.

Fitzpatrick's because most of his rushes start as passing plays. If the issue is sticking with the run, I assume that means handing off to a RB.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Why would I include Lynch, since he's no longer on the team?
Your contention was that the Bills' running game IS the strength of the team, present tense.

Fitzpatrick's because most of his rushes start as passing plays. If the issue is sticking with the run, I assume that means handing off to a RB.

Alright so back when Vick was a Falcon their team strength wasn't running the ball because after all a 1/3 of their rushing yards was from him.

I was including all team stats, because that's what they are, a team.

Philagape
11-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Alright so back when Vick was a Falcon their team strength wasn't running the ball because after all a 1/3 of their rushing yards was from him.

I was including all team stats, because that's what they are, a team.

Did you just compare this team to Vick's Falcons? Really?

And you included Edwards and Lynch on your "team" and used that "team" to support the opinion that the running game is currently the strength of the Bills.

I know you have a shtick and all, and you can't possibly ever admit you said something wrong, but sometimes it makes you really sound like an idiot.

TigerJ
11-01-2010, 05:35 PM
if not for the cheesy TO taken by the Chiefs, which I don't understand how is a legal move, we win. Fitz is the winning QB, and Cassell loses. It's impossible to blame this loss all on FitzI'm with you on the time out. I would like to see the NFL tell officials not to recognize time out requests made as the play starts on field goal attempts.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Did you just compare this team to Vick's Falcons? Really?

And you included Edwards and Lynch on your "team" and used that "team" to support the opinion that the running game is currently the strength of the Bills.

I know you have a shtick and all, and you can't possibly ever admit you said something wrong, but sometimes it makes you really sound like an idiot.

Look at the stats.

We're a better running team than passing team.

As for the Vick/Falcons reference, you are the one who needs to leave out stats to try and say we're not a better rushing team than passing. You don't like the full totals so you just leave out players that would be doing the same thing as saying the Falcons weren't a running team by leaving out Vicks totals.

Apparently you can't see any of that because it doesn't fit your argument.

Philagape
11-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Look at the stats.

We're a better running team than passing team.

As for the Vick/Falcons reference, you are the one who needs to leave out stats to try and say we're not a better rushing team than passing. You don't like the full totals so you just leave out players that would be doing the same thing as saying the Falcons weren't a running team by leaving out Vicks totals.

Apparently you can't see any of that because it doesn't fit your argument.

I gave you the relevant stats.
When you say the Bills should have ran the ball more yesterday, what did you mean by that? Anything other than a handoff to Jackson or Spiller? If not, then anyone else's stats are irrelevant.
It's not the same thing as the Falcons because they were a completely different team. They are irrelevant and a really, really dumb analogy. (btw, the Falcons still would have been a running team even without Vick's running because they certainly weren't a passing team, which is one huge difference with the Bills. Fitz this year has blown away what Vick was then as a passer.)

Philagape
11-01-2010, 06:34 PM
And since you insist on using full-season stats, Lynch's YPC on the season is 3.5! Can't leave anything out!! :insane:

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 08:23 PM
And since you insist on using full-season stats, Lynch's YPC on the season is 3.5! Can't leave anything out!! :insane:

His YPC here was 4.4.

That's the only relevant thing when we're talking about our running game.

What he's done or not done in Seattle doesn't matter.

If Lynch didn't got those carries here, another back would have.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I gave you the relevant stats.
When you say the Bills should have ran the ball more yesterday, what did you mean by that? Anything other than a handoff to Jackson or Spiller? If not, then anyone else's stats are irrelevant.
It's not the same thing as the Falcons because they were a completely different team. They are irrelevant and a really, really dumb analogy. (btw, the Falcons still would have been a running team even without Vick's running because they certainly weren't a passing team, which is one huge difference with the Bills. Fitz this year has blown away what Vick was then as a passer.)

Wow, hung up on one passing game. Figured.

Use a one game anomaly to try and show that we're a passing team? Odd.

If we ran the ball once when we had the ball on the 36 yard line in OT, we win. 3 yards further and the kick by Lindell is good. It's called situational awareness, something else Gailey lacks.

Philagape
11-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow, hung up on one passing game. Figured.

Use a one game anomaly to try and show that we're a passing team? Odd.

If we ran the ball once when we had the ball on the 36 yard line in OT, we win. 3 yards further and the kick by Lindell is good. It's called situational awareness, something else Gailey lacks.

Answer my question: When you say "ran the ball," do you mean a handoff to a RB?

I didn't say the Bills were a "passing team." My position is that they pass better than they run. Fitz is still among the league leaders, and the Bills' offensive revival that began in Week 3 is primarily because of him.
They are certainly not a "running team." That may be one of the top 10 dumbest things ever said on this board.

Philagape
11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
His YPC here was 4.4.

That's the only relevant thing when we're talking about our running game.

What he's done or not done in Seattle doesn't matter.

If Lynch didn't got those carries here, another back would have.

Ah so now you change your tune from full-season stats.

And his YPC here is not relevant to the current running game.

Mr. Pink
11-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Ah so now you change your tune from full-season stats.

And his YPC here is not relevant to the current running game.

His stats in Seattle aren't relevant to here. He didn't get those totals here.

And if he didn't get those carries here earlier in the season, someone else would have.

I've been using full season stats from the team the entire time.

Philagape
11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
His stats in Seattle aren't relevant to here. He didn't get those totals here.

And if he didn't get those carries here earlier in the season, someone else would have.

I've been using full season stats from the team the entire time.

His stats in Seattle are no less relevant than his stats here, or Fitz's running stats, or any passing under Edwards, to the Bills' current offense.

YardRat
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Do you understand the term "swirling wind"?

Yes. I also understand tripping on his dick, which is basically what he admitted he did. If he gets a clean foot on the ball, like he did the first time, we win.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Fitz sucks!!!:jig:

G Wolly
11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Fitz sucks!!!:jig:

Thanks for sharing another piece of your infinite wisdom.

But facts would prove otherwise. But I've noticed that isn't your "thang"

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for sharing another piece of your infinite wisdom.

But facts would prove otherwise. But I've noticed that isn't your "thang"
:ignore: Okay, Fits dooesn't exactly suck, but he's not an NFL starter. I'm okay with him as SECOND string at best.:refuse:

G Wolly
11-03-2010, 12:29 AM
:ignore: Okay, Fits dooesn't ewactly suck, but he's not an NFL starter. I'm okay with him as SECOND string at best.:refuse:

He's not an NFL starter anywhere else*

But on this team, he's our best option which is why he's out there.

But instead of being comfortable with his fairly steady gameplay thus far, you wanna switch him out for Brohm?

I don't like you.

TMu11
11-03-2010, 05:20 AM
He's not an NFL starter anywhere else*

But on this team, he's our best option which is why he's out there.

But instead of being comfortable with his fairly steady gameplay thus far, you wanna switch him out for Brohm?

I don't like you.

Dr. Taylor Z's post is a complete moron. I hate that post more than anything else I've ever hated on the internet. His post makes me yearn for a repeal of Freedom of Speech.

Sorry, that post is completely ignorant and I had to get it off my chest.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Dr. Taylor Z's post is a complete moron. I hate that post more than anything else I've ever hated on the internet. His post makes me yearn for a repeal of Freedom of Speech.

Sorry, that post is completely ignorant and I had to get it off my chest.
Assclown:loser:

Dr. Lecter
11-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Assclown:loser:
One last time - quit it.

Unless, of course, you want one of us to take appropriate action.

And to others here - you can all cool it too.