PDA

View Full Version : After the Bears

Buffalo Thriller
10-31-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't think Fitz will have a chance. We will be at 0-8 willing to try anything. Our 3rd road game at the Bears will put the nail in the coffin. I'm sure we will see Brohm in week 10, if not the 2nd half of the Bears game.

Crisis
10-31-2010, 05:15 PM
fitz is playing the season out unless he plays completely terrible for a few weeks (and i mean sub 100 yards passing with multiple INTs) or gets hurt.

and i don't have any problem with that.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Nope Brohm sucks just as bad and Chan wants to win a game he will stay with Fitz weather its the right move or not.

Buffalo Thriller
10-31-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't have a problem with it, considering he will lose 95% of the time. I was just pointing out that the coaching staff may be willing to give Brohm a chance very soon.

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Brohm doesn't give us the best chance to win. Fitz does. Shutup ******s. Thanks.

more cowbell
10-31-2010, 07:01 PM
LOL i have never seen more love for one player in my life than I have for Brian Brohm...are people going to hang themselves with piano wire next season when hes not in the league?

Novacane
10-31-2010, 07:05 PM
I think they beat the Bears.

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks to the coward who hopes I get banned. :up:

YardRat
10-31-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't think Brohm will see the field, until maybe late in the season, unless Fitz gets injured.

Buffalo Thriller
10-31-2010, 07:52 PM
LOL i have never seen more love for one player in my life than I have for Brian Brohm...are people going to hang themselves with piano wire next season when hes not in the league?

Frankly im tired of Fitz, and losing. A 9-18 starter from Harvard is humiliating. Just wanting something new. A self-proclaimed guru such as yourself shouldn't dog Brohm. Give him as much of a chance as you give Fitz.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-31-2010, 08:44 PM
brohm sucks thats why he was 3rd string before edwards was sent packing. now hes second string on a winless team and hes second string only cause we dont have a 3rd string

fitz is it till we draft a good qb

Buffalo Thriller
11-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Brohm was third string because Edwards and Fitz both had game experience. Every QB had to get his 1st start at some point.

MikeInRoch
11-01-2010, 08:28 AM
And because he didn't play all that well.

Albany,n.y.
11-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Brohm was third string because Edwards and Fitz both had game experience. Every QB had to get his 1st start at some point.
Brohm started a game last year, but was so horrible the Brohm fanboys made up every excuse in the world and now you've come up with a new one-your own amnesia.

Historian
11-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Fitz stays.

Even though they're sucky, they're his team.

better days
11-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Brohm started a game last year, but was so horrible the Brohm fanboys made up every excuse in the world and now you've come up with a new one-your own amnesia.

Well, Trent Edwards fans were giving him excuses for SUCKING in Jax & he has much more experience than Brohm.

Now talk about deluded.

Albany,n.y.
11-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Well, Trent Edwards fans were giving him excuses for SUCKING in Jax & he has much more experience than Brohm.

Now talk about deluded.
WTF does Trent Edwards have to do with Brohm's lack of ability to be a QB in the NFL?
Delusional would be an improvement for the mental illness exhibited by the Brohm boys. Here's the definition of what they have:
Marangitis: A metal defect that causes the person to believe an NFL QB who has limited playing time deserves to start. The cure for Marangitis is that the player actually plays due to an injury to the starter and as he plays his way out of the league, the Marangitis sufferer comes to his senses. In the most severe cases, the sufferer ends up being institutionalized in a room where he chants all day "Put in Marangi". Recent 21st century cases have been reported in Buffalo, where the current sufferers end up chanting "Put in Brohm" all day.

YardRat
11-01-2010, 03:48 PM
We're going to beat the Bears anyway.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
All of our QBs suck, including Fitz. Fact.:jig:

TrEd FTW
11-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Brohm is horrid. Fitz isn't. Get used to Fitz.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 03:54 PM
I'd rather see Levi Brown play before Brian Brohm

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Brohm is horrid. Fitz isn't. Get used to Fitz.
Until Fitz is REPLACED. Which will be next season at the latest. I can't wait. He can carry a clipboard as our # 2.:chuckle:

Jan Reimers
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM
We sure have some strong opinions - pro and con - on a guy who has started exactly one game for us.

I just don't see the harm in starting Brohm in a couple of games late in the season. This is the season to evaluate everyone.

ServoBillieves
11-01-2010, 04:03 PM
We won't be 0-8. Just for the record.

Chan wants to keep his job, so he will keep the quarterback in that can win games or provide some hope. When there are some healthy wins and some hope for the next season, then we might see Brohm.

TrEd FTW
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Until Fitz is REPLACED. Which will be next season at the latest. I can't wait. He can carry a clipboard as our # 2.:chuckle:
I'd say the odds of Fitzpatrick being Buffalo's opening day starter next season are pretty decent. If the Bills land Luck, those odds decrease slightly, though it's very possible Luck will learn from the sidelines for a while. If Luck isn't a Bill, then you might see Fitz 16 times next season.

Spiderweb
11-02-2010, 12:09 AM

You think the mentioning of Brohm means unbridled love for him? You would have really pooped yourself during the Flutie - Johnson days. Heck, you must have also missed the Losman vs. Edwards days of just a few years back.

:down:

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2010, 01:08 AM
I'd say the odds of Fitzpatrick being Buffalo's opening day starter next season are pretty decent. If the Bills land Luck, those odds decrease slightly, though it's very possible Luck will learn from the sidelines for a while. If Luck isn't a Bill, then you might see Fitz 16 times next season.
fitzy will not be starting next year. please don't be dumb all your life.

TrEd FTW
11-02-2010, 01:22 AM

Who will, then? Come up with a reasonable response this time instead of the garbage you spewed above.

airdog32
11-02-2010, 05:19 AM
Frankly im tired of Fitz, and losing. A 9-18 starter from Harvard is humiliating. Just wanting something new. A self-proclaimed guru such as yourself shouldn't dog Brohm. Give him as much of a chance as you give Fitz.
I really dont know what we all expect of Fitz he is among the top rated QB's as far passer rating even if we had a manning, Brees or the Likes of that they would not do much better the problem is the surronding cast, granted FITz is not the long term answer for this Franshice he is the best we have had in a few years( Bledsoe maybe)If we surronded him with weapons and a D that could stop someone we are not far from turning the corner! Fitz is not the problem with this team I would probally take him over at least 10 other starting QB's right now! Berman said it well on BLITZ yesterday the bills are making the most with what they got they are better than the sum of there parts. We are close to our first win, hang tight add a few vets resign those who perform and ditch the ones who dont! I have faith that this regime will get us to the playoffs within the next few years!!!!

Historian
11-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I think the team makes him look worse than he really is.

Kinda reminds me of a Jeff Hostetler, just a little. Kinda methodical.

I don't excuse that last interception on Sunday, but right now I think he's our best shot to win a game.

Dr. Lecter
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
He very well could be, at least at the start of the season while somebody like Luck is groomed.

mikemac2001
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
I'd rather see Levi Brown play before Brian Brohm

brohm is like 25 sometimes it takes a few years

should fitz be replaced no not right now but if we are 0-10 yes i would like to see brohm and brown finish the season just to see what they have if anything.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Who will, then? Come up with a reasonable response this time instead of the garbage you spewed above.

bernie kosar or vinny testaverde.

TrEd FTW
11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
bernie kosar or vinny testaverde.

Translation: You have no response.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Translation: You have no response.

you can't be that unintelligent. if the bills drafted luck there is no chance in hell fitz would start over him.

edit: the kid has more talent in his pinky than fitzpatrick has in his whole body.

better days
11-02-2010, 04:46 PM
WTF does Trent Edwards have to do with Brohm's lack of ability to be a QB in the NFL?
Delusional would be an improvement for the mental illness exhibited by the Brohm boys. Here's the definition of what they have:
Marangitis: A metal defect that causes the person to believe an NFL QB who has limited playing time deserves to start. The cure for Marangitis is that the player actually plays due to an injury to the starter and as he plays his way out of the league, the Marangitis sufferer comes to his senses. In the most severe cases, the sufferer ends up being institutionalized in a room where he chants all day "Put in Marangi". Recent 21st century cases have been reported in Buffalo, where the current sufferers end up chanting "Put in Brohm" all day.

If Bledsoe was not injured, Brady might be out of the league by now.

The difference between Edwards & Brohm is everyone with two eyes & a brain know Edwards sucks. Yet there were fans of Trent making excuses for his poor play in Jax.

Nobody knows if Brohm is Marangi or Brady until he gets a shot.

TrEd FTW
11-02-2010, 04:50 PM
you can't be that unintelligent. if the bills drafted luck there is no chance in hell fitz would start over him.
There's no chance the Bills would sit Luck for a few weeks and then ease him into the starting role? You're right - that has never happened with a No. 1 pick before. The Giants didn't play Kurt Warner over Eli Manning for a couple months or anything, and Jon Kitna playing Carson Palmer's entire rookie season is just a figment of my imagination.

edit: the kid has more talent in his pinky than fitzpatrick has in his whole body.
I never said otherwise. Nice straw man argument.

Dr. Lecter
11-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Except rookies often start the year on the bench.

MikeInRoch
11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
If Bledsoe was not injured, Brady might be out of the league by now.

This line demonstrates that you have no idea what you are talking about.

New England was about to replace Bledsoe with Brady even before the injury.

better days
11-02-2010, 07:09 PM
This line demonstrates that you have no idea what you are talking about.

New England was about to replace Bledsoe with Brady even before the injury.

Yeah right. The Pats were making a playoff run & Bledsoe was playing very well, but they were going to replace him with Brady, a 6th rnd pick that had never played in college let alone the NFL. PLEASE.

MikeInRoch
11-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah right. The Pats were making a playoff run & Bledsoe was playing very well, but they were going to replace him with Brady, a 6th rnd pick that had never played in college let alone the NFL. PLEASE.

"Making a playoff run". Really? They were 0-1, and losing game 2. That's a "playoff run"?

better days
11-02-2010, 07:25 PM
"Making a playoff run". Really? They were 0-1, and losing game 2. That's a "playoff run"?

OK, I was WRONG about that, but the Pats* had just signed Bledsoe to a then record 10 year contract for $103 Million in March, so there is no way they were planning on replacing him with Brady before his injury.

Spiderweb
11-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Brohm doesn't give us the best chance to win. Fitz does. Shutup ******s. Thanks.

Thanks for setting everyone straight................:negrep:

MikeInRoch
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
OK, I was WRONG about that, but the Pats* had just signed Bledsoe to a then record 10 year contract for $103 Million in March, so there is no way they were planning on replacing him with Brady before his injury.

I guess Michael Holley was lying in Patriot Reign then?

better days
11-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I guess Michael Holley was lying in Patriot Reign then?

I don't know Michael Holley, NEVER heard of him myself. I do know, it makes no sense to sign a QB to a RECORD contract just before the season starts & then plan on replacing him with a 6th rnd draft pick that never played in a game before, so I would take what he says with a mountain of salt rather than a grain, if he said the Pats* were planning on replacing Bledsoe with Brady before Bledsoe was injured.

Even if it were true, which I can not believe, that does not detract from my original statement that until Brady played nobody knew how good he would be. In the same respect nobody knows how good Brohm or any player for that matter will be until given a FAIR chance to play.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2010, 09:16 PM
There's no chance the Bills would sit Luck for a few weeks and then ease him into the starting role? You're right - that has never happened with a No. 1 pick before. The Giants didn't play Kurt Warner over Eli Manning for a couple months or anything, and Jon Kitna playing Carson Palmer's entire rookie season is just a figment of my imagination.

I never said otherwise. Nice straw man argument.
at that point and time, those guys were head over heals better than fitzpatrick and it made sense to sit the rookie. it would not make sense to keep watching fitz throw interceptions when we could get our franchise quarterback game experience. IMHO

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Except rookies often start the year on the bench.

do you really want to watch fitz for another whole year? i don't think i could stand it.

better days
11-02-2010, 09:21 PM
at that point and time, those guys were head over heals better than fitzpatrick and it made sense to sit the rookie. it would not make sense to keep watching fitz throw interceptions when we could get our franchise quarterback game experience. IMHO

Well this could be an arguement for keeping Fitz as the starter the rest of the season. If he plays well the rest of the year there will be no need to rush a rookie onto the field, although no matter how well he plays they need to draft a QB.

TrEd FTW
11-02-2010, 09:32 PM
at that point and time, those guys were head over heals better than fitzpatrick and it made sense to sit the rookie.
Warner was actually pretty bad when he signed with the Giants. He only played nine games the two seasons prior and threw a total of four touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Kitna had played four full seasons by the time Palmer was drafted and never finished with a QB rating above 79.1 in any of those years. Thus, at those times, I don't think either was much of an upgrade over Fitz (if at all).

it would not make sense to keep watching fitz throw interceptions when we could get our franchise quarterback game experience. IMHO
Here's the thing: I don't even disagree with you. If the Bills draft Luck and play him from the get-go, you'd hear no argument from me. Guys like Bradford, Stafford and Sanchez had the keys handed to them right away recently, and they're all on good paths. My point was that it wouldn't surprise me if Fitz started at least parts of next season. I never said I wanted it to happen. You misunderstood me, I think, in my initial post.

MikeInRoch
11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't know Michael Holley, NEVER heard of him myself.

Then you aren't paying that much attention to the Patriots. He used to write for the Boston Globe, spent a year embedded in the Patriots organization, attending every meeting at all levels, and wrote a book about it.

I'm sorry you don't want to believe it, but it's fact.

better days
11-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Then you aren't paying that much attention to the Patriots. He used to write for the Boston Globe, spent a year embedded in the Patriots organization, attending every meeting at all levels, and wrote a book about it.

I'm sorry you don't want to believe it, but it's fact.

It may be a fact that is who he is, but I don't believe it is a fact that the Pats* planned to replace Bledsoe with Brady before Bledsoe was injured.

If this were true, EXPLAIN to me WHY the Pats* would sign Bledsoe to a RECORD contract in March. It is just not logical.

You can choose to believe this preposterous claim if you like, but I choose to believe logic myself.

MikeInRoch
11-02-2010, 10:58 PM
I prefer to believe people who were actually there.

better days
11-02-2010, 11:04 PM
I prefer to believe people who were actually there.

Yeah, well unless you can provide a link that he was the person that blew the whistle on the Pats* cheating & lying, I DON'T believe ANYTHING that comes out of Boston. Did he put in his book the details of the CHEATING & LYING done by the Pats* that year?

And EXPLAIN to me as I asked before, WHY the Pats* signed Bledsoe to a record contract just before the start of the season, if they planned to replace him with Brady. I guess they should have signed Moss to a record contract this offseason.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2010, 08:10 AM

Fitz, if he's around next year, will be the guy to groom the rookie.

Unless the Bills just to decide to throw whoever they draft to the wolves and say good luck kid!

Fitz likely will start at least 5 games next year.