PDA

View Full Version : the time out before a kick

trapezeus
10-31-2010, 09:05 PM
I can't remember if the bills have been burned by this before. i think the redskins game, the redskins got called for a 15 yard penalty for back to back penalties. i don't think the bills have lost to that move before, but i wanted to check.

I just hate that timeout before the kick. most of the time it doesn't work. it's such a little ***** move. even if we used it to win, i think i'd be like, "that kind sucks that we had to resort to that move."

BADTHINGSMAN
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Its pretty much expected now with kicks to win/tie a game. It does suck though.

Michael82
11-01-2010, 12:14 AM
I hate the move, but Gailey should have done it to Succop at the end of the game.

G Wolly
11-01-2010, 01:07 AM
I think it's a ***** move, honestly.

There should be a restriction on when you can call a timeout before a kick.

If they're all set and in position, you should get called for unsportsmanlike for calling a TO.

But that's just me.

BertSquirtgum
11-01-2010, 01:23 AM
i think there should be a rule that if they are going to call a timeout it has to done before 5 seconds on the play clock. they shouldn't be allowed to call a timeout after the 5 second mark hit the play clock.

LtFinFan66
11-01-2010, 03:10 AM
no different than any other play....and you can call a timeout then. Just sayin'. Still sucks though to lose like that

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-01-2010, 04:38 AM
no different than any other play....and you can call a timeout then. Just sayin'. Still sucks though to lose like that

Exactly, you can call a TO right before a play on 1st down also.

EricStratton
11-01-2010, 06:08 AM
They don't let you use the timeouts on the bus ride to the airport, you may as well use them in the game.

How about if the play clock is about to expire on the kicking team, should they go by the 5 second rule as well?

Bruce is Loose
11-01-2010, 07:25 AM
I can't remember if the bills have been burned by this before. i think the redskins game, the redskins got called for a 15 yard penalty for back to back penalties. i don't think the bills have lost to that move before, but i wanted to check.

I just hate that timeout before the kick. most of the time it doesn't work. it's such a little ***** move. even if we used it to win, i think i'd be like, "that kind sucks that we had to resort to that move."

Cowboys game on MNF a few years ago I believe we were burned in almost the exact same sceario

THRILLHO
11-01-2010, 07:37 AM
The first time it happened to us was against Denver I think.

Also, there is no way to stop it from happening, and there shouldnt be, its just like any other play in the game.

T-Long
11-01-2010, 07:59 AM
I don't think there is any way that you can enforce a rule on whether or not a coach can call a timeout. If he has them at his disposal, he should use them whenever he wants. The rule sucked for us this week, but I'm sure KC loves the rule today. Eventually that rule (or lack there of) will help us as well.

trapezeus
11-01-2010, 09:24 AM
i didn't think it should be outlawed, but the novelty of it, and the total classlessness of it should be governed by "man" rules. Rules where you don't need it written down on paper. It's just understood that you're more of a man for not doing that play.

Anyways, congrats to the chiefs, a soon to be new member of the 2008 bills wall of shame. Being good early, being who you are for the rest of the season.