PDA

View Full Version : Once again

G Wolly
10-31-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm speaking simply for myself, but I'm pleased with what I'm seeing.

The last 2 games ended in OT. I'd take 9 more OT losses this season, so long as the games are competitive and exciting to watch.

Last week we should've been destroyed, but hung in there with the Ravens and their defense as 13 point underdogs.

This week however, should not have ended in OT. We had plenty of opportunities to put this game away, and I'm disappointed that we didn't. But just like us, KC made plenty of mistakes too, so they in no way outplayed us, apart from our inability to stop the run.

This team is like a newborn.

It has a world of opportunity ahead, but we have to suffer through the mistakes and be patient as we watch it grow up to be able to survive.

Defense sucks. The line sucks. Coordinators suck.

We have a few bright spots on offense, but I'm not putting them on a pedestal or glorifying what they've done thus far anymore than anyone should, but they include Fitzpatrick, and obviously Steve Johnson.

Fitzpatrick, at least in the last few weeks has shown that he can be a starting quarterback and hold his own. He checks plays, can sling it, fairly accurate, and has an ability to pull it down and run forward. Although it's awesome to see a QB lower his head and take a hit, I hold my breath when he takes off.

In conclusion, I also wanna see us be a championship contender once again, but I myself am seeing improvement in various areas, and I like where it's heading.

BillsWin
10-31-2010, 11:49 PM
I'd rather we lose the majority of the games we have left in a competitive matter, get in better draft position and then be realistically competitive next year.

G Wolly
10-31-2010, 11:51 PM
I'd rather we lose the majority of the games we have left in a competitive matter, get in better draft position and then be realistically competitive next year.

And I honestly feel like we have the capability of being competitive, and making these last 9 games interesting whether we keep losing or can pull out a win.

Zero
10-31-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm speaking simply for myself, but I'm pleased with what I'm seeing.

The last 2 games ended in OT. I'd take 9 more OT losses this season, so long as the games are competitive and exciting to watch.

Last week we should've been destroyed, but hung in there with the Ravens and their defense as 13 point underdogs.

This week however, should not have ended in OT. We had plenty of opportunities to put this game away, and I'm disappointed that we didn't. But just like us, KC made plenty of mistakes too, so they in no way outplayed us, apart from our inability to stop the run.

This team is like a newborn.

It has a world of opportunity ahead, but we have to suffer through the mistakes and be patient as we watch it grow up to be able to survive.

Defense sucks. The line sucks. Coordinators suck.

We have a few bright spots on offense, but I'm not putting them on a pedestal or glorifying what they've done thus far anymore than anyone should, but they include Fitzpatrick, and obviously Steve Johnson.

Fitzpatrick, at least in the last few weeks has shown that he can be a starting quarterback and hold his own. He checks plays, can sling it, fairly accurate, and has an ability to pull it down and run forward. Although it's awesome to see a QB lower his head and take a hit, I hold my breath when he takes off.

In conclusion, I also wanna see us be a championship contender once again, but I myself am seeing improvement in various areas, and I like where it's heading.

If we're going to 'bottom out', then I prefer we do it like this..

SquishDaFish
11-01-2010, 04:53 AM
I totally agree Gwolly. We are improving which is all we should be looking for this year. Weed out the bad players for the new systems and get some more in next year. We will be good. This is how the good teams are built.

X-Era
11-01-2010, 06:09 AM
If we're going to 'bottom out', then I prefer we do it like this..Exactly. If were going to lose every game, let's do it in close games to make it at least interesting.

And Bell had a great game by the way, he flat out owned Dorsey and Hali. Howard however got blown back and pushed aside. He uses poor leverage and blocks too high.

But no, I dont agree that our line sucks. I think we need a piece or two on that line but have quality players in several spots.