PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay had as many tackles as...

jamze132
11-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Fred Jackson and Roscoe Parrish. But he's a good guy.

**** that noise.

BertSquirtgum
11-01-2010, 01:54 AM

**** that noise.
i puked in my mouth a few times when i watched him get totally blocked away from a play to have charles run right by him. kelsay is horrible and nix should be punched in the nuts for giving him more money. twice.

Michael82
11-01-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm really starting to believe that Chris Kelsay is Ralph Wilson's illegitimate son.

don137
11-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Kelsey is a perfect poster child of this defense and team. The defense gives up 270 yards rushing yet is "good" enough for an extension. Nothing like have money tied up in a guy that cannot play. If he is a good leader off the field let him be a assistant position coach but he should not be on the field.

billsfanryan
11-01-2010, 06:56 AM
The linebackers on this team are just plain bad.

On Charles' long run before the TD pass to Bowe 3 of our linebackers wiffed on the tackle. All 3 touched him just couldn't tackle him.

There was another play that sticks out to me too. There was a run play that got 7 yards and it was Dwan Edwards who made the tackle. I didn't even see a linebacker near the guy with the ball. How does that happen? Why is a D-Lineman making a tackle 7 yards down the field?

Novacane
11-01-2010, 07:11 AM
He does hustle though. Ever notice Kelsay is always showing up around the ball? Right AFTER someone else has made the tackle. That's the Bills qualification for a new contract. You can suck as long as you try hard. :rolleyes:

Bulldog
11-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Cassel juked Kelsay. Enough said. Reminded me of the time Eddie Robinson got smoked by Pennington.

Cleve
11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
So why again does Kelsay deserve a big fat contract extension? The Bills gave up 270 yds rushing to the Chiefs - that's a full 100 yds OVER the Chief's league leading average of 170 yds per game. Kelsay was a non-factor, as usual.

How come no one in the media grills Gailey, Nix or Wilson about the Kelsay fiasco? The Western NY sports media continually throws softballs to this team's management - why no hardball questions like this one, ever?

This is a question that should be asked - and for all the taxpayer dollar support that Wilson Jr. and Co. receive, it deserves an answer.

OpIv37
11-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I can think of at least 6 different times this season when Kelsay got in the backfield quickly, only to be completely juked out of his shorts by either the RB or the QB. Most of the time, he doesn't even slow them down enough to allow a teammate to come in and make the play.

What's the point of getting the penetration if he can't make the play in the backfield? I swear the opposing OL just lets him through because they know he won't make the play.

The guy is ****ing terrible.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 09:01 AM
I can't even blame Kelsay. He's not a lber and the coaches/fo f-ed up moving him there.
He's another guy that should be sitting for the younger players.

Ingtar33
11-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Cassel juked Kelsay. Enough said. Reminded me of the time Eddie Robinson got smoked by Pennington.

that popped into my head too.. what's really embarrassing is Robinson pretty much fell down when he was juked and STILL was closer to tackle Chad then Kelsey (who kept his feet) was to Matt.

Kelsey is just brutal.

OpIv37
11-01-2010, 09:23 AM
I can't even blame Kelsay. He's not a lber and the coaches/fo f-ed up moving him there.
He's another guy that should be sitting for the younger players.

I think the criticism is more about management. We all know Kelsay sucks- a lot of players on this team suck. We'd be over it by now if they didn't give him a $24 million extension for some inexplicable reason. It's hard to see how this team is going to win when they keep making dumb choices like this.

Cleve
11-01-2010, 09:59 AM
That's the OTHER question the media should be grilling Bills management about at the next presser - WHO exactly was responsible for Kelsay's contract extension? Was it Gailey, Nix or Wilson?

My guess would be Wilson - pretty much any bizarre, strange or inexplicable decisions we've seen in the last 5 years or so have his hallmark signature on or about them.

Another reason the public should know this - if it is Wilson behind it, then we'd have confirmation about something I've suspected for a while - that indeed a 92 yr old+ man, whose football decisions were poor even in his prime, is STILL making key 'on field' decisions about the team - and reducing Nix and Gailey to the effective role of cheerleaders.

jamze132
11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Whoever decided that Chris Kelsay's services were worth $24M should be given their pink slip.

buffalobillsfan95
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Why is Kelsey getting all the blame? I know he's not the best but are whole defense sucks which makes his job 10 times harder I'm not saying give him a break he should be showing better results, but we should wait to judge him when we have a somewhat ok defense

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Of course it was Ralph who gave him the extension. No player is getting that kind of money without Ralph ok'ing it. It was probably Ralph's freaking idea.

Can't blame Kelsay though for taking it. Who wouldn't take it if they are dumb enough to give it to him ?

ChristopherWalken
11-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I would rather see Maybin on the field in lieu of Kelsay. At least Maybin seemingly has the potential to better himself. Kelsay? - we've seen his best, He's 31 and sliding rapidly.

Hogwasher
11-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Kelsay had a very poor game in a very poor season. His only strength is holding the edge and tackling against the run, and he failed utterly to do that. Kelsay could not play for any other team.

Stroud had a very good game.

Cleve
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Of course it was Ralph who gave him the extension. No player is getting that kind of money without Ralph ok'ing it. It was probably Ralph's freaking idea.

Can't blame Kelsay though for taking it. Who wouldn't take it if they are dumb enough to give it to him ?
I can't fault Kelsay for taking the contract- the only thing I fault him for is being a craptastic mediocre player. Who among us wouldn't take that contract if it were offered?

The only culpable parties here are the so-called team "management". Also, the area sports media, while quick to report the extension, has been extremely lax in identifying EXACTLY who at One Bills Drive came up with the ridiculous idea for this contract extension.

Extremebillsfan247
11-01-2010, 12:54 PM

**** that noise.This is actually pretty funny. The defense finally decides to show up for a game and people on this board have a problem with it. Go figure. lol

Dr. Lecter
11-01-2010, 12:57 PM
This is actually pretty funny. The defense finally decides to show up for a game and people on this board have a problem with it. Go figure. lol
They gave up over 200 yards rushing. KC would have scored more if Haley was not a moron and decided throwing the ball was wise in a number of cases when it was not.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Is it too late to give Kelsay's extension to Kyle Williams?

Extremebillsfan247
11-01-2010, 01:12 PM
They gave up over 200 yards rushing. KC would have scored more if Haley was not a moron and decided throwing the ball was wise in a number of cases when it was not. For a defense that routinely gives up 34+ points per game, to hold KC to just 13 points of offense is pretty commendable. How do you overlook that? This game was all on the offense.

ServoBillieves
11-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Is it too late to give Kelsay's extension to Kyle Williams?

Which raises my question...

In a 3-4 defense, is the Nose Tackle supposed to have the most sacks? Could've SWORN it was the OLB's who got more of them...

Ingtar33
11-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Which raises my question...

In a 3-4 defense, is the Nose Tackle supposed to have the most sacks? Could've SWORN it was the OLB's who got more of them...

yeah... I think Kyle basically has said f-it why hold up blockers for the LBers when they'll just miss the tackle. he's been just destroying the inside of lines the last few weeks, taking double teams and smoking them.

Unreal what he's doing playing almost 70 pounds under weight.

jamze132
11-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Why is Kelsey getting all the blame? I know he's not the best but are whole defense sucks which makes his job 10 times harder I'm not saying give him a break he should be showing better results, but we should wait to judge him when we have a somewhat ok defense
Because Kelsay just got $24 friggin' million! Have you seen him play? How often is he out of position?

jamze132
11-02-2010, 01:14 AM
This is actually pretty funny. The defense finally decides to show up for a game and people on this board have a problem with it. Go figure. lol
The defense showed up? You obviously didn't watch the game. KC ran for almost 300 yards. And KC could have had 400 if they didn't have a moron calling the plays. They shouldn't have had more than 10-12 passing attempts all game.

Our defense looked like they always do.