• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Troy Smith

He looked pretty good yesterday...
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Troy Smith

Were his stats good or did he actually look good? I didn't see him play but he was playing a team that allowed 59 points at home against Oakland.

D & S Sports

Comment

• EricStratton
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
      Were his stats good or did he actually look good? I didn't see him play but he was playing a team that allowed 59 points at home against Oakland.

His stats looks like a classic "game manager" type of day but I didn't actually watch a single snap as I'm sure none of us did.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I saw the plays they showed on the red zone. He played like Troy Smith, rolled out quite a bit and avoided making bad throws. It was also his first start so big chances were few. But the fact that this kid was basically free, is what kills me.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Bedard
          He looked pretty good yesterday...
          No thanks..

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Lets see what he does with a couple of weeks of film on him.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
              • Dec 2004

To be honest, he looked pretty bad to me. Made some terrible reads and throws where he was just lucky he didn't get intercepted. Doesn't have much poise at all either. I don't think he'll ever be a viable starter in this league and I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the league in a year or two.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

but, but, but, he won the Heisman.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                  but, but, but, he won the Heisman.
                  Loved him at Ohio St. but he's a gimmick backup in the pro's and only 5-11 in real height.

Draft your franchise QB.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                  X