PDA

View Full Version : What I don't understand...

billsfanryan
11-01-2010, 07:36 AM
I don't understand why none of our defenders ever try to strip the ball. I never see any of them fighting for the ball. Whitner always tackles low or bats the ball away when in coverage. Poz is always running from behind and always wraps up. How come they NEVER try to whack at the ball, rip it from a ball carrier, fight for the ball in a receivers hand??

If anyone saw any parts of the jets game, (I had to because my girlfriend is a Jets fan) Green Bay took 2 balls out of the receivers hand AFTER he already made a catch. They fought for the ball all the way to the ground and the result was a take away.

Are our players coached to make sure they get the tackle? If so why aren't the 2nd and 3rd and 4th guys to the ball trying to take it away?

I would think that if you are going to give up 150+ yards of rushing every week you would at least go for the ball while chasing the carrier from behind.

I thought the idea of the 3-4 was that it confuses QB's and it is aggressive.

THRILLHO
11-01-2010, 07:39 AM
We have a hard enough time tackling. Dont want to overload our players by telling them to strip the ball.

billsfanryan
11-01-2010, 07:45 AM
We have a hard enough time tackling. Dont want to overload our players by telling them to strip the ball.

We do have a hard time tackling but at least tell them to tackle first but if you are the 2nd or 3rd guy to the ball, go for the ball not the tackle

Hogwasher
11-01-2010, 11:32 AM
It is true that they are struggling to figure out where they are supposed to be and make plays, but the know to strip the ball. They just arent playing with abandon.

justasportsfan
11-01-2010, 11:34 AM
you actually have to catch the guy with the ball first to have a chance at stripping the ball.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
If it makes anybody feel better, the Chiefs defense was just as bad as ours last season when they were making their switch to the 3-4.

Figster
11-01-2010, 11:39 AM
you actually have to catch the guy with the ball first to have a chance at stripping the ball.

:lolabove: