PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Weakness is clear...

McBFLO
11-01-2010, 09:29 AM
It's LB. If Luck comes out, we have to grab him if given the opportunity. The next priority, speaking just about the draft for a second, is LB LB LB!!! We need to spend like the 2-5 picks on LB. Okay maybe not all those picks, but there needs to be a concerted effort to improve that position, especially if we have plans to go back to the 3-4 at some point.

Before the draft, do we make a (fairly) big-name signing in FA? I know Nix has said that they're going to build through the draft, but do you think that also have targeted a few players out there they plan on going after? Who will be available through FA after this season? We need some serious help in our LB corps, and I think that should be priority #1, after QB.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Qb
dl/o-tackle
lb

You can find lbers in the mid rds that can play.
Well, most teams can.

Saratoga Slim
11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
It's really a shame that Danny Batten is missing this season. He was getting rave reviews in the offseason. Woulda been nice to know what we have there.

McBFLO
11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm talking pass-rushing OLB a la Shawn Merriman in his first couple years. And I'm not asying we should target some roidball either. lol

Hogwasher
11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Our front three do a decent job. The other three get blocked, and Kelsay, well, I dont know how to describe what he does.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 12:28 PM
When we draft a franchise QB in round 1, we should take a stud offensive lineman to protect that QB in round 2.

Jaybird
11-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Lamar Woodley or Derrick Johnson, one of those boys should be a target (both free agents)

ServoBillieves
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't know where the hole is in this team.

One week we're blowing up on offense, the second the defense is shutting teams down, I don't see us knowing what this team needs until after 16 games are played.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 01:17 PM

One week we're blowing up on offense, the second the defense is shutting teams down, I don't see us knowing what this team needs until after 16 games are played.

Our run defense is the one consistent weakness we have. That's not debatable.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM

You don't know where the holes are ?????

Extremebillsfan247
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
It's LB. If Luck comes out, we have to grab him if given the opportunity. The next priority, speaking just about the draft for a second, is LB LB LB!!! We need to spend like the 2-5 picks on LB. Okay maybe not all those picks, but there needs to be a concerted effort to improve that position, especially if we have plans to go back to the 3-4 at some point.

Before the draft, do we make a (fairly) big-name signing in FA? I know Nix has said that they're going to build through the draft, but do you think that also have targeted a few players out there they plan on going after? Who will be available through FA after this season? We need some serious help in our LB corps, and I think that should be priority #1, after QB. Your correct. LB is the next bigger issue here. Especially with the failing of Maybin. That really sets this team back if they fail to draft a LB with experience in the 3/4. JMO

Dr. Lecter
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
The holes are easy to find.

There are more than 15 of them.

ServoBillieves
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I meant the #1 overall problem to fix. I know this team has about 22 holes to fill as of now.

Extremebillsfan247
11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I meant the #1 overall problem to fix. I know this team has about 22 holes to fill as of now.#1 is pretty much figured out by now, its easily the QB position. #2 has to be LB. Without effective LB's in a 3/4 defense, you won't win many football games.

Lexwhat
11-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Lamar Woodley or Derrick Johnson, one of those boys should be a target (both free agents)

I would be shocked if the Steelers let Woodley wear another uniform. Unless he demands over $10 million a year, he will be a lifelong Steeler.

The guy is just too young and too good to let go. He might be the best overall Defensive player in the league that no one talks about.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Yep, I agree if Luck aint there look for a pass OLBer though clayborne or dareus would be nice to. ILBers can be found in the middle rounds, true pass rushing OLBer can't.

McBFLO
11-01-2010, 01:46 PM
If the team still has plans for the 3-4 and if Luck doesn't declare, a pass-rushing OLB is absolutely, in my opinion, the #1 need on this team.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 02:05 PM
If the team still has plans for the 3-4 and if Luck doesn't declare, a pass-rushing OLB is absolutely, in my opinion, the #1 need on this team.

I don't see a player like that warranting a top pick in this draft.

Extremebillsfan247
11-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't see a player like that warranting a top pick in this draft.Trading down for more picks in that kind of scenario would not be out of the realm of possibility even if unlikely. JMO

Ed
11-01-2010, 03:24 PM
If Luck doesn't declare, I think you take the best defensive front 7 player in the draft period. I don't want to see us pass up on a better player because they don't fit a certain scheme that may or may not even be relevant in a few years. There's no reason to say we have to be a 3-4 or 4-3 team next year when we really don't have the talent to run either effectively. Take the best players and make your scheme fit their talents.