PDA

View Full Version : Not All Fitz Fault

Maximilli
11-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Yesterday game was not all Fitz fault yes he threw that pick which slipped out his hand and was inaccurate on some throws, but dont forget that he trys to win games i saw a man run dips his head down tryn to get first downs many other QBs would not do that the man tries to win games every week dont forget he had some good throws he put us in oppertunities to win games. threw a nice pass to nelson roscoe and stevie for the TD. I still like Fitz at QB. We always argue the fact that trent don't give WR a chance to make a plays and now we r argueing that we cudve won the game Id take option 2 any day from not having a chance to win to sayn we shudve won ill take that u tell me any other QB that lit up the Ravens. Yesterdays game i blame oline giving up too much pressure with only 4 man rush trent wudve taken sack after sack, coaching shudve ran more in at end of fourth and it OT we got plenty of time in OT work the field what was the rush , and our linebacker got to start maken play behind the line D cant stop the run they were fresh cause offense was maken 3rd down conversions.
its not all his Fault

justasportsfan
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Simply put, he's no Manning but he's no Trent either.

T-Long
11-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't think anyone is placing full blame on it, but he definitely contributed to the loss. Most fans like Fitz, but realize he is not the long term answer. Viable backup? Absolutely.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Wow, that was painful to get through. Where are the English police when you need them.

Teams win and lose, individuals don't. He was terrible yesterday and yet the team lost on the last play of OT.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Fitz is a backup QB. My expectations are quite low.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Name a Bills QB in the past 10 years that would've made that TD throw to Johnson to tie it up?

You have to give Fitz credit if you are going to give him blame.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Name a Bills QB in the past 10 years that would've made that TD throw to Johnson to tie it up?

That's a super weak and subjective point you're trying to make there.

Maximilli
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
sorry about that at work tryn to speed type i agree we still need a QB but honestly i dnt think they will draft first round i think they gonna groom Brohm

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2010, 11:46 AM
That's a super weak and subjective point you're trying to make there.

How? Without Fitz, the game wouldn't have even been tied. He shows great leadership qualities, and guts. His rushing adds another dimention to the offense that the Bills haven't had since Flutie.

He did make some awful throws yesterday, but he also made some great throws, especially on 3rd down.

Billz_fan
11-01-2010, 11:49 AM
How? Without Fitz, the game wouldn't have even been tied. He shows great leadership qualities, and guts. His rushing adds another dimention to the offense that the Bills haven't had since Flutie.

He did make some awful throws yesterday, but he also made some great throws, especially on 3rd down.

Agree, Fitz may have contributed to the eventual loss but without him the team is not in a position to win. I like him and I hope he stays here and continues to be a quality 2nd QB in the future. Assuming we draft a QB and it's not the next Ryan Leaf :laughter:

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 11:51 AM

You said that no other QB in the last 10 years would have made that TD throw to Johnson. I was merely pointing out how subjective that was.

However, Fitz does have a ton of guts and poise. And I would agree with you if you said that no QB in the last 10 years would challenge linebackers the way Fitz does for that extra yard or two.

Thief
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I do not fault Fitz for trying to win. I am not going to hang a guy because the ball slipped. I am pretty sure he didn't check out of run plays while they were eithin field goal rage near the game's end.

IMO, the biggest thing Fitz did wrong yesterday was fail to throw a hailmary just before the half.

Thief
11-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Oh, and I will add that Fitz did throw some good blocks yesterday. Heck, he even pushed Vrabel back and took a face mask from him on one sweet block.

Extremebillsfan247
11-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Quarterback always shoulders the blame for the loss. That's how it works in the real world.

Maximilli
11-01-2010, 01:12 PM
And if we do Draft a QB i thinks Fitz Can really groom and help out wit with his game But im a fan of Fitz Tough ass QB man when i see a guy that drops his head trying to get a first down u got me and he reads the dfense really well i think we shudve ran more to keep them guessing

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm fine with drafting a QB and letting him watch Fitz for a season or 2. I just don't want a QB to be drafted and subsequently ruined by being thrown in there when he's not ready.

Thief
11-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Quarterback always shoulders the blame for the loss. That's how it works in the real world.I guess I just see things in color.

Spiderweb
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM

You have to give Fitz credit if you are going to give him blame.

Wow. Did you miss the throw Losman made to Peerless Price in the endzone against the Texans in the 4th quarter to win that game (2006 season)? That was a laser that Peerless didn't have to scrap off the ground. Threaded the needle through tough coverage for the win.

It wasn't even a great throw. What is was was on-time and catchable. Great throw? Hardly. Glad he made it? You bet.

Point being, it was one throw. I certainly hope he's capable of making at least one, or he should be packing groceries at Kroger.

Proud of your son aren't you, Mr. Fitzpatrick?

jamze132
11-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Quarterback always shoulders the blame for the loss. That's how it works in the real world.
Yeah, because it was his fault that the defense allowed almost 300 yards rushing.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2010, 01:21 AM
i think it was fitz's beards fault.

TigerJ
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Of course it wasn't all Fitz's fault. That said, he was brutal in his passing, and if you think you're going to get more than a game or two like that out of him in a whole season, there's no way he can be your long term answer at QB.

ddaryl
11-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Fitz is a serviceable stop gap.. Nothing more, anyone thinking we can by-pass a top signal caller (if one is the highest rated player on the draft board) and hang our hopes on Fitz is abusing drugs.

BUT I would like to have Fitz here as a stop gap for a season or 2.

ZAZusmc03
11-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I'd like to keep Fitz as long as possible to mentor our young QB draft pick and be the reliable #2 that we all know him to be.