PDA

View Full Version : Rams should go after Moss

The King
11-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Everyone is speculating where Moss will end up and most people are fearing the worst, New England.

There is one team that should not let Moss fall past them. Teams need to look at Moss for what he is a 10 week fix. Don't look past this season, just think about what he can do for you now. The Rams are still in the thick of their division and Sam Bradford has been playing well despite losing Clayton and Avery for the season. Moss can come in and be a huge target for a team who's #1 is currently Danny Amendola.

The Rams simply can't afford to let Moss fall past them.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I guess.

RockStar36
11-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Makes the most sense. They have a bunch of UFL guys playing WR.

Ebenezer
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
The first two teams I thought about were St. Louis and Dallas.

The King

San Diego too. I dont think Dallas would be interested, but Jerry Jones is a desperate man right now.

RockStar36

Dallas needs a QB and a coach, not receivers. They're loaded at WR.

OpIv37
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
He's going to end up back in NE and they'll basically get a free 3rd round pick out of the deal, win the SB, then use their zillion draft picks to select the guys who will be kicking our asses for the next 10 years.

RockStar36
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
He's going to end up back in NE and they'll basically get a free 3rd round pick out of the deal, win the SB, then use their zillion draft picks to select the guys who will be kicking our asses for the next 10 years.

So all these teams are going to pass on Moss just to let him go to one of the best in the league already. Then on top of that, NE is going to take him back after trading him because he was becoming a real problem in the locker room? I doubt it.

Ickybaluky
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I think the Rams make sense. Chicago and Denver as well. The Jets or Miami just to block him from the Pats.

The question is, are teams going to want to spend $3.5M - $4M to make a claim, or do they see if they can sign him after he clears waivers.

The King
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
I think the Rams make sense. Chicago and Denver as well. The Jets or Miami just to block him from the Pats.

The question is, are teams going to want to spend $3.5M - $4M to make a claim, or do they see if they can sign him after he clears waivers.

i think you have to assume he belongs to NE if he clears... and when you consider all the money thats off the books due to injuries in STL... it makes sense.

Ickybaluky
11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Judd Zulgad, who covers the Viking for the Star-Tribune, says Seattle and Miami (to block him from going back to NE) are reportedly considering claims. Of course, we heard all about rumored claims when Trent Edwards was waived as well.

The King
11-01-2010, 02:58 PM
The Seahawks could have the same thing in mind as the Rams, those two teams are going to have battle for the division.

Slim
11-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Chicago is a good guess.

Oldbillsfan
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Judd Zulgad, who covers the Viking for the Star-Tribune, says Seattle and Miami (to block him from going back to NE) are reportedly considering claims. Of course, we heard all about rumored claims when Trent Edwards was waived as well.

More than one team wanted Edwards? lol New England has already proven they don't need Moss anyway.

OpIv37
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
So all these teams are going to pass on Moss just to let him go to one of the best in the league already. Then on top of that, NE is going to take him back after trading him because he was becoming a real problem in the locker room? I doubt it.
Who else is going to pay that salary for 10 games?

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2010, 07:35 PM
I'd love to see him in Detroit. Him and Calvin would be unstoppable.

Ingtar33
11-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Makes the most sense. They have a bunch of UFL guys playing WR.

and bradford still is lighting it up; imagine if he had an nfl caliber wr.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 09:22 PM
and bradford still is lighting it up; imagine if he had an nfl caliber wr.

Just goes to show it's the qb not the wr's.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Jets will go after him. It's a Rex type move. Moss, Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery is nasty. I could see him in Pittsburgh too. Replacing Holmes, Hines is losing it. Wallace, Moss, Ward is deadly

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Why don't the bills get him and trade him ?
Is that even allowed ?

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5753805

Moss would look great with Andrew Luck :)

Lexwhat
11-02-2010, 12:00 AM

That whole "locker room problem" theory has never been substantiated with New England. Moss is well-liked by his teammates.

Lexwhat
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
i think you have to assume he belongs to NE if he clears... and when you consider all the money thats off the books due to injuries in STL... it makes sense.

What exactly do you mean by "off the books" ?

1. No team needs to clear "salary cap space" to accommodate Moss. There is no cap.

2. Injured players still get paid their whole salary, with the only possible exception being incentives. This is why players these days are so intent on holding out and not wanting to "wait" to get paid. One bad injury can destroy their chances of hitting big on "future" contracts.

One exception is if a player reaches an injury settlement with a team, but I don't know of any big-name players in STL that have done that this season.

Lexwhat
11-02-2010, 12:21 AM

Who else is going to pay that salary for 10 games?
NE39 said it correctly.

A team needs to pay him his remaining contract (which expires at the end of this season) if they claim him via the waiver wire. The team that claims Moss will pay him that remaining salary (~$4 million dollars).

If no one claims him, the Vikings will be on the hook for that ~$4 million no matter what.

Now, if the waiver period passes, and no team claims Moss, then Moss becomes a free agent and can sign with any team he wants, whenever he wants.

After thinking about this -- this is where Belichick and the Patriots can look like even bigger geniuses. Since they have the last priority (#32), there's NO WAY the Pats will "claim" Moss via the waiver wire. If none of the other 31 teams put in a claim for Moss, then NE can bring Moss back at the Vet Minimum (assuming both Moss and the Patriots want that).

In that case, Moss will be paid the Vet Minimum IN ADDITION TO the remaining ~$4 million paid for by the Vikings.

Highway robbery if the Patriots do this.

kelly2reed4six
11-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Everyone is speculating where Moss will end up and most people are fearing the worst, New England.

There is one team that should not let Moss fall past them. Teams need to look at Moss for what he is a 10 week fix. Don't look past this season, just think about what he can do for you now. The Rams are still in the thick of their division and Sam Bradford has been playing well despite losing Clayton and Avery for the season. Moss can come in and be a huge target for a team who's #1 is currently Danny Amendola.

The Rams simply can't afford to let Moss fall past them.

I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday! Don't forget to mention how much it would do for Jackon. The dude is a BEAST of a running back, but teams focus on him. If they put moss into the mix he's instantly gets less focus.

BRING BACK THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF BABY!!

RockStar36
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Why don't the bills get him and trade him ?
Is that even allowed ?

Not after the trade deadline it isn't.