• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Is Childress Losing the Locker Room?

This might be another reason that Moss was cut. Get the team back on board, quick.

We already shared with you the comments made by Randy Moss(notes) after the Minnesota Vikings loss to the New England Patriots. Now it seems that Moss' teammate Percy Harvin(notes) is getting in on the not-so-subtle Brad Childress-bashing as well.

From the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

Despite being limited, Harvin had a huge performance with six catches for 104 yards. Afterward, he questioned his team's lack of adjustments in the second half.

"In the second half they made a couple of adjustments, and I think we played into their hands," he said. "They were ready for a couple of our plays there in the second half. We didn't do a good job of making adjustments. That's why [Patriots coach Bill] Belichick is as good as he is. He makes those adjustments. They were able to pull it out."

Asked why the Vikings had problems doing that, Harvin smiled and paused for a few seconds. "It's a team effort," he said. "It's all of us, got to put a little more effort. It's little things."

It's safe to say that if Childress hasn't already lost the locker room, he's in danger of doing so very soon.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Is Childress Losing the Locker Room?

As I posted in the Moss thread... Childress invested his entire season in Favre. He didn't hide it either. Favre was his prize horse and he's now on the track with a busted leg. The only way Childress keeps this team is if he goes out and shoots him.

Let Tavaris play, see what he can do and try to earn your teams respect back. Favre isnt the future and its time to look to the future.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

2 "Players coaches", Childress and Wade, are losing their locker rooms, definitely, and look how it is impacting their performance...

then again the antithesis of these coaches is the disciplinarian Singletary, and they arent good either so who knows.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i don't know enough about the minny operations, but the vikings were close to being a real team. They had a dominant OL, a great RB and a solid defense.

They drafted an unpolished QB in Tavaris Jackson.

whoever was responsible for that, is responsible for the vikings situation. not childress, not favre, not anyone. The leadership at the top screwed the team by blowing that pick and relying on a 35+ year old guy at the time to be the savior. and it almost paid off. which gave the front office guys even more time to pound their chest that they were brilliant.

now as its not working out, its becoming a favre vs childress thing, when its still a front office thing. they whiffed on the pick and they didn't get a proven coach to see the whole thing through.

I love how the blame has shifted to people who are tangentally the problem.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
          As I posted in the Moss thread... Childress invested his entire season in Favre. He didn't hide it either. Favre was his prize horse and he's now on the track with a busted leg. The only way Childress keeps this team is if he goes out and shoots him.

Let Tavaris play, see what he can do and try to earn your teams respect back. Favre isnt the future and its time to look to the future.
          After yesterday's loss I agree. In hindsight there was every reason to believe the Vikes would fail this year. Favre couldn't repeat next year, the schedule was much harder and the hardest teams were early in the season.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Childress lost that lockerroom a long time ago.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              After yesterday's loss I agree. In hindsight there was every reason to believe the Vikes would fail this year. Favre couldn't repeat next year, the schedule was much harder and the hardest teams were early in the season.
              How does the rest of your team feel when you're chartering flights and sending players to meet with "The Godfather"? It sends the message that you're a one man club. Right then a good coach would start preparing his club for life after Favre but instead he jumped knee deep in the **** storm he's in now... except now he's up to his neck.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

The Vikings are morons and they deserve this 100%.

Don't forget, after last year's lucky dream season with Favre, Minnesota gave Childress a nice little contract extension, ala Dick Jauron, and now you know they're regretting it.

This was the most obvious NFL story this season before Week 1.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

The Vikings wouldn't have looked this bad thus far if Sidney Rice wasn't hurt.

Huge injury and blow to that teams offense.

Comment

• Mad Max
                    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                    • Mar 2003

That team is a fully stocked arsenal of top grade weaponry on offense, and good enough on defense.

Imagine a coach like Belichek or Payton running their show.

Moss should have kept his mouth shut, but he was right.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      The Vikings wouldn't have looked this bad thus far if Sidney Rice wasn't hurt.

Huge injury and blow to that teams offense.
                      Agreed. Without a deep threat, Favre is avg. at this point in his career.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        Childress lost that lockerroom a long time ago.

seriously... Childress lost the locker room the year he was hired... he's just been blessed with so much talent it was impossible to lose.

A real coach would have won the superbowl last year; maybe took a real run at it the year before even with Jackson at QB.

Childress is and always has been a clown.
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X