PDA

View Full Version : Gailey reacts to Moss release

Coach Sal
11-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Gailey reacts to Moss' release

Here's what Bills coach Chan Gailey had to say when asked whether the Bills would have any interest in receiver Randy Moss, who was waived by the Vikings today.

"Hey, we evaluate everything every day, but I don't know if that would be a fit or not. I'm sure [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I will talk about it. We talk about 'em all."

Gailey said he learned of the Vikings' decision from Bills VP of communications Scott Berchtold as he was walking over to meet the media late this afternoon.
Before you get your hopes up, Bills fans, it's incredibly unlikely the Bills would have any interest in paying the remainder of Moss' salary, which is more than $3 million for the rest of this season. Not to mention the circus it would bring or Moss' sure unwillingness to play in Buffalo.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/11/gailey-reacts-to-moss-release.html

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm hoping that Buddy and Chan look right past Moss and look for a position of need.

buffalobillsfan95
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
God I so don't want him here

mikemac2001
11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
whatever if it helps us win i am for it, but honestly i would rather claim that LB from steelers

TrEd FTW
11-01-2010, 04:42 PM
It's pretty obvious the Bills aren't going to claim Moss, and nor should they. Part of the reason for letting Owens go was to allow the younger WRs to sink or swim, and Johnson and Parrish have seized their opportunities. The WR position isn't even a problem area now.

Figster
11-01-2010, 04:46 PM
It's pretty obvious the Bills aren't going to claim Moss, and nor should they. Part of the reason for letting Owens go was to allow the younger WRs to sink or swim, and Johnson and Parrish have seized their opportunities. The WR position isn't even a problem area now.

It doesn't seem to be, and we still have Marcus Easley coming back next season who had become a favored target throughout much of training camp.

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 04:52 PM
whatever if it helps us win i am for it, but honestly i would rather claim that LB from steelers

Well so much for that. The 49er's put in a claim for Thaddeus Gibson off of waivers today. C'mon Buddy, make the claim!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/11/49ers-claim-lb-thaddeus-gibson-off-waivers/

mikemac2001
11-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Well so much for that. The 49er's put in a claim for Thaddeus Gibson off of waivers today. C'mon Buddy, make the claim!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/11/49ers-claim-lb-thaddeus-gibson-off-waivers/

we can't put a claim in then?

Pinkerton Security
11-01-2010, 05:04 PM
yea, he wouldnt play hard for the Vikes so hes gonna play hard for a winless team? To hell with this slacker.

Lexwhat
11-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Didn't anyone see Moss's press conference after the game? He praised Belichick as the greatest head coach in history.

If you read between the lines, I believe he was saying that Belichick is everything that Childress could never be.

Our organization is run nothing like the Patriots.

djjimkelly
11-01-2010, 05:11 PM

we are number 1 in waiver position so if we put in a claim he is ours

Bangarang
11-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Doesn't every team have 24 hours to put a claim in for a player?

Scumbag College
11-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Bring him in!

Mike13
11-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Bring him in!

Can he be a QB or OL or LB or TE or DE Or HC?

nolimit
11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
we are not number 1 in waiver priority..it is based off of last years record atleast this is what I have been told

Scumbag College
11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Can he be a QB or OL or LB or TE or DE Or HC?

No. The Bills don't address positions of needs. They stock up on DBs and RBs. I hope they venture into WRs next.

SquishDaFish
11-01-2010, 06:15 PM
we are not number 1 in waiver priority..it is based off of last years record atleast this is what I have been told

No it goes by current record

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2010, 06:28 PM
How funny would it be if the Patriots ended up being the team that snatches Moss?

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
We are #1 on the waiver list.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/30725/nfl-waiver-claim-order

I say get Gibson. If we were a contender, I'd say get Moss, but we need to build this defense.

big hock
11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Moss hates Buffalo.....i'd bring him in here in a heartbeat, just to be an *******.......lol.

Figster
11-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Unsubstantiated rumors floating around,

Is Buffalo actually considering Randy Moss, or is it :bs:

Billz_fan
11-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Moss walked/quit on the Vikings and Brett Favre. he would sit home before coming to 0-6 Buffalo.

He is a major front runner and would bolt in week 1. He would line up , start running his route and keep running right off the field to the parking lot and into his car :laughter:

Luisito23
11-02-2010, 03:43 AM
HAHA!

Thief
11-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Sal, I don't believe the Bills would have to pay the remander of his '10 contract, it is paid in fll by the Vikings.

Gibran Chandan
11-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Moss? Buffalo?

No.

SabreEleven
11-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Taylor/Dr. Z would be happy.

trapezeus
11-02-2010, 08:37 AM
stevie johnson has outperformed Moss with Fitz and Edwards throwing to him. Moss had Favre and Brady, arguably top 5 QB's in the league.

I'd rather pass on this guy. He's done everything but win a ring. if he's going to give you his all star effort, he needs to be on a winner. if he's at any way discouraged, he'll look like a worse version of TO.

NorthCarBills
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
God I so don't want him here

I agree. If the Bills made this move, to me it would be a knee jerk reaction to their current record, and a 180 degree move from their longer term rebuilding plan. I have been trying to keep a bit of respect for this FO and Gailey, but a move like this would clearly reflect what past regimes have done.

Oaf
11-02-2010, 01:36 PM
"We talk about 'em all." (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/11/gailey-reacts-to-moss-release.html)
:mehmeh:

:;: :blahblah:

better days
11-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Sal, I don't believe the Bills would have to pay the remander of his '10 contract, it is paid in fll by the Vikings.

Any team that claims Moss on waivers will assume the remainder of the contract.

better days
11-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Here is a question, can anyone answer? If the Bills claim Moss on waivers could they then trade him?

2Smooth
11-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Here is a question, can anyone answer? If the Bills claim Moss on waivers could they then trade him?
No trade deadline was week 6

better days
11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
No trade deadline was week 6

Yeah, I should have realized that.

X-Era
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
New comment from PFT on the issue... says the team that claims him may keep his rights at the end of the year if he refuses to report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/if-moss-refuses-to-report-his-2011-status-will-be-tied-to-new-cba/

unpaid_bills
11-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Moss is not a good character guy. Obviously the guys has unbeleivable talent plays when he wants to play. WR are a dime a dozen, its not like we have a bunch of injuries our WR are playing pretty well as a group. I think for all the negative, drama he would bring and the fact he simply wouldnt be happy going to a losing team and Buffalo, pass it isnt going to work out.

Cleve
11-03-2010, 11:33 AM
What a classless idiot Moss is

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561

As you can read in the above article, he threw some kind of fit during the catered meal after last Friday's practice, screaming the food wasn't fit for a dog. I'm sure he didn't pay a dime for it, either. The restaurant is apparently a favorite of several Vikings as well.

We can only hope that the Bills do not go for this chump. We could have kept T.O. if a WR was a high priority - Buffalo certainly doesn't need this kind of locker room poison on their roster.

Figster
11-03-2010, 12:44 PM
What a classless idiot Moss is

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561

As you can read in the above article, he threw some kind of fit during the catered meal after last Friday's practice, screaming the food wasn't fit for a dog. I'm sure he didn't pay a dime for it, either. The restaurant is apparently a favorite of several Vikings as well.

We can only hope that the Bills do not go for this chump. We could have kept T.O. if a WR was a high priority - Buffalo certainly doesn't need this kind of locker room poison on their roster.
Randy Moss is an opinionated fella,

As a catering service If you don't want complaints, don't set garbage down in front of professional football players and expect them to eat it. This was blown way out of proportion in my opinion, it was catered food, the players weren't eating in a five star restaurant.

Randy Moss the player and teammate has a good record on and off the field and is one of the most talented WR's that has ever played the game.

The Bills pick up Moss they instantly become a better football team. Did it work out with TO you might ask? Well If it didn't you cant blame T.O. who almost doubled Lee Evans in production.

The Buffalo Bills have a very good Offensive minded head coach in Chan Gailey now and some of the close game the Bills have been losing, a player like Moss could/would make the difference in my opinion.

The Bills need talent, R- A- N- D- Y M- O- S- S spells one of the most talented players in the National Football League.

Myself personally, I'm tired of this goody two shoes, high motor mentality. I want mean streaked, tough skinned football players, because the game of football is a mans sport, the tough/durable survive/ conquer.

justasportsfan
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Randy Moss the player and teammate has a good record on and off the field and is one of the most talented WR's that has ever played the game.

The Bills pick up Moss they instantly become a better football team.

Tell that to the the Pats and Vikes

Figster
11-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Tell that to the the Pats and Vikes

13, 220 receiving yards and 142 TD's , I won't have to tell them anything they don't already know...

Cleve
11-03-2010, 01:21 PM

As a catering service If you don't want complaints, don't set garbage down in front of professional football players and expect them to eat it. This was blown way out of proportion in my opinion, it was catered food, the players weren't eating in a five star restaurant.

The Bills pick up Moss they instantly become a better football team. Did it work out with TO you might ask? Well If it didn't you cant blame T.O. who almost doubled Lee Evans in production.

The Buffalo Bills have a very good Offensive minded head coach in Chan Gailey now and some of the close game the Bills have been losing, a player like Moss could/would make the difference in my opinion.

The Bills need talent, R- A- N- D- Y M- O- S- S spells one of the most talented players in the National Football League.

Myself personally, I'm tired of this goody two shoes, high motor mentality. I want mean streaked, tough skinned football players, because the game of football is a mans sport, the tough/durable survive/ conquer.

If you read the article, and watch the videos, it's clear the rest of Moss' teammates were embarrassed by the man's erratic behavior. This restaurant has catered a number of times for the Vikings, and the restaurant is a favorite of several Viking players. Therefore I sincerely doubt the food was "garbage".

Apparently a number of Vikings went out of the way after Moss' tirade to compliment the restaurateur and his staff about the quality of the food.

justasportsfan
11-03-2010, 01:39 PM
13, 220 receiving yards and 142 TD's , I won't have to tell them anything they don't already know...

those nos. have nothing to do with "what have you done for me lately" . Both teams seem to think that those nos. does not make them a better team.

paranoid
11-03-2010, 05:16 PM

Because throwing a fit and bullying food servers makes you a real hardass and not a spoiled little punk. Gotcha.

Figster
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Because throwing a fit and bullying food servers makes you a real hardass and not a spoiled little punk. Gotcha.

How many hundreds of times do you think something like this has happened with different players?

Randy Moss didn't like the catered food, so what...

better days
11-03-2010, 06:21 PM
How many hundreds of times do you think something like this has happened with different players?

I don't know, but I have NEVER heard of another player do it before have you?

If he didn't like the food he should have just kept his mouth shut, & not be the ass he is.

Figster
11-03-2010, 06:43 PM
I don't know, but I have NEVER heard of another player do it before have you?

If he didn't like the food he should have just kept his mouth shut, & not be the ass he is.

You never hear about it because its not news worthy, ( well, normally anyway)

Growing up my family owned/ managed restaurants near Nuclear plants because My Dad worked in the Nuclear Industry as a an inspector. Much of our business was catering to the plants we lived near and I'm here to tell you when the foods not good folks are going to complain and as well they should in my opinion.

I often times delivered the food with my older brother and when something was wrong we actually appreciated being told so we could remedy the problem in the kitchen which is much better then losing business.

better days
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
You never hear about it because its not news worthy, ( well, normally anyway)

Growing up my family owned/ managed restaurants near Nuclear plants because My Dad worked in the Nuclear Industry as a an inspector. Much of our business was catering to the plants we lived near and I'm here to tell you when the foods not good folks are going to complain and as well they should in my opinion.

I often times delivered the food with my older brother and when something was wrong we actually appreciated being told so we could remedy the problem in the kitchen which is much better then losing business.

Yeah well reports were EVERYONE else was HAPPY with the food & thought it tasted great. You should know better than others being in the industry, you can't please everyone & there are polite ways to say the food sucks & rude ways.

Moss is an ASS he is now on the PERFECT team for him. It is a team of asses including the HC & owner.

Figster
11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah well reports were EVERYONE else was HAPPY with the food & thought it tasted great. You should know better than others being in the industry, you can't please everyone & there are polite ways to say the food sucks & rude ways.

Moss is an ASS he is now on the PERFECT team for him. It is a team of asses including the HC & owner.

Bad manners, no doubt about it, and I can understand why it would seem very rude and inconsiderate to most folks. The truths is though, there's probably more folks out there that would openly complain ( rudely) then you might think.

Folks tend to take their food seriously, some more so then others.

better days
11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Bad manners, no doubt about it, and I can understand why it would seem very rude and inconsiderate to most folks. The truths is though, there's probably more folks out there that would openly complain ( rudely) then you might think.

Folks tend to take their food seriously, some more so then others.

Well, this is NOT about food, it is about Moss being an ass. As I already said there were no other complaints about the food & in fact other players thought the food was great.

If the food was as bad as Moss said, others would have politely agreed with him, but NOBODY did.

Thank God he is not a Bill, so I won't have to read you constantly make excuses for him (I hope).

Figster
11-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, this is NOT about food, it is about Moss being an ass. As I already said there were no other complaints about the food & in fact other players thought the food was great.

If the food was as bad as Moss said, others would have politely agreed with him, but NOBODY did.

Thank God he is not a Bill, so I won't have to read you constantly make excuses for him (I hope).
No, I won't subject you or anyone else to more Randy Moss propaganda.:refuse:

I thought there might be a half decent chance we would pick up Moss. Now there is no chance of it happening, there's no reason to defend him or his actions, at least not to my fellow Bills fans.

I do enjoy debating things and in many cases will take the losing side of an argument for enjoyment purposes and don't mean to get on anyone's nerves.

paranoid
11-05-2010, 06:05 PM

My point of contention wasn't that other players (and many people in general) don't act like asses. They do.

What you did was connect acting like a spoiled prima donna four-year-old brat with being a hard-nosed, tough football player. It's as if you think any self-centered whininess or immaturity is the mark of a headhunting gridiron warrior. It's a poor argument.

You wanna get someone anti-social on the team to kick some ass, fine. Let's get a linebacker who likes to get drunk and get in fights with bikers, not someone who bullies waitresses and runs over traffic cops with their expensive cars. Old ladies do that.

Cleve
11-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Exactly. Throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat over food - food that everyone else seemed to think was good - is not the mark of a 'he-man'. There were plenty of guys in that room bigger, stronger, and tougher than Moss that thought he was an idiot.

If a man has to prove he's tough, there's a good possibility that he isn't.

Cleve
11-07-2010, 03:34 PM
BTW, Vikings had an incredible comeback and won today in overtime without Moss, somehow. LOL