PDA

View Full Version : Would you be upset if Buffalo claimed Moss

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2010, 09:53 PM
I'd take him. Luck needs weapons! Moss, Steve Johnson, Lee would be nice. I know it won't happen. It could if we wanted too. This team needs something to get asses in seats

ZAZusmc03
11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Couldn't you have asked this in one of the 8 Moss threads already created?

OpIv37
11-01-2010, 09:58 PM
If Buffalo takes him, he'll walk after this season.

I won't be happy or mad. We'll probably win a few more games because he gives us another weapon immediately, but we still won't take the playoffs. It's Ralph's money, not mine.

Claiming him off waivers for his current contract literally makes zero difference in terms of the big picture.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2010, 10:01 PM
If Buffalo takes him, he'll walk after this season.

I won't be happy or mad. We'll probably win a few more games because he gives us another weapon immediately, but we still won't take the playoffs. It's Ralph's money, not mine.

Claiming him off waivers for his current contract literally makes zero difference in terms of the big picture.

It would sell seats for bills

djjimkelly
11-01-2010, 10:08 PM
it would be counter productive it would take snaps away from players who will be here in 2011

TrEd FTW
11-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Upset? No. I just wouldn't see the point.

billsfanryan
11-01-2010, 10:30 PM

That was what i thought when i first heard the news today.

I do not want us to claim him. I don't think it helps us any. The only positive would be that some more tickets would get sold.

Joe Fo Sho
11-01-2010, 10:30 PM
I would be furious. I see nothing that he could bring to the table to help us long term.

justasportsfan
11-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I won't be happy or mad. We'll probably win a few more games because he gives us another weapon immediately, .

I don't think so. Moss would be a locker room distraction. He's most likely going to give up on plays and then talk about how he misses the Pats especially if and when we lose to them. I'd rather bring in that lb that the steelers cut.

TacklingDummy
11-01-2010, 11:31 PM
No, Moss deserves Buffalo.
He doesn't deserve to land in some front runners lap

BertSquirtgum
11-01-2010, 11:37 PM
there is no reason for the bills to claim him. the bills should claim the linebacker from the steelers. thaddius gibson, coming from the steelers he probably better than all of our linebackers.

Joe Fo Sho
11-01-2010, 11:48 PM
there is no reason for the bills to claim him. the bills should claim the lineback (http://www.softballfans.com/forums/search.php?do=process&query=hurkeynuts&forumchoice[]=13)er from the steelers. thaddius gibson, coming from the steelers he probably better than all of our lineback (http://www.softballfans.com/forums/search.php?do=process&query=hurkeynuts&forumchoice[]=13)ers.

niners claimed him.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2010, 12:02 AM
so what, if the bills claimed in they would get him. they have a worse record.

gonzo1105
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
I'll tell you why the Bills should claim Randy Moss. If the Bills claim him and he becomes a Free Agent next year he will fall under the Bills property and will sign for a decent contract and have decent to good production for next year. That means that he would fall under the Bills for compensatory picks and we all know that we need as many picks as we can get. Claim him and let him walk and let him drag a compensatory pick to next year.

Lexwhat
11-02-2010, 12:26 AM

If the Bills claim Moss, they owe him about $4 million dollars for the rest of this season.

Are they really gonna sell $4 million dollars worth of seats in the 5 remaining home games?

thebuffalobills4
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I'd take him. Luck needs weapons! Moss, Steve Johnson, Lee would be nice. I know it won't happen. It could if we wanted too. This team needs something to get asses in seats
I respect your opinion, but I don't see this happening at all. We already have a developing core of WR's

jamze132
11-02-2010, 01:17 AM
We don't need Moss. If he comes, who are you going to bench, Evans or Johnson?

Figster
11-02-2010, 01:21 AM
I'll tell you why the Bills should claim Randy Moss. If the Bills claim him and he becomes a Free Agent next year he will fall under the Bills property and will sign for a decent contract and have decent to good production for next year. That means that he would fall under the Bills for compensatory picks and we all know that we need as many picks as we can get. Claim him and let him walk and let him drag a compensatory pick to next year.

Interesting point, fill the seats, appease the fans, and get a compensatory pick when all is said and done.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-02-2010, 04:23 AM
What you are saying is claim a headache, appease 10% of the fan base, piss off 50% of them, pay a few million dollars, all for a 4th-7th round compensatory draft pick? That seems like a lot to pay for a draft pick.

Jan Reimers
11-02-2010, 05:25 AM
His bad attitude and tendency to quit on plays is not really what a young team needs.

He would not help the rebuilding of this team at all.

airdog32
11-02-2010, 05:33 AM
His bad attitude and tendency to quit on plays is not really what a young team needs.

Young team indeed but Moss can help this team a deep threat who can strech out plays and open up under neeth for evens and johnson as stated in the previous post give it a shot if it works great if not let him walk we cant get much worse right!

TacklingDummy
11-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Has anyone seen all the WR's Manning has made look good?

Gibran Chandan
11-02-2010, 06:23 AM
NO MOSS!

Let's say he actually produces. Our record goes up by a little bit, but we still don't make the playoffs, and our first round draft order goes down. Oh, and we lose $3,400,000. And of course, at the end of the season, he's gone, because he hates everyone who isn't the Patriots.

Jan Reimers
11-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Young team indeed but Moss can help this team a deep threat who can strech out plays and open up under neeth for evens and johnson as stated in the previous post give it a shot if it works great if not let him walk we cant get much worse right!
An 0-7 team that is bottoming out doesn't really need a "quick fix" in the form of a 34 year old, pouting, quitting WR. Every snap he gets would take a play away from Johnson, Parrish or Nelson, who are developing into good, young receivers for the future.

I just don't see that he helps out at all.

OpIv37
11-02-2010, 06:29 AM

Food for thought: would you rather have a guy who quits on plays, or guys who just aren't capable of making them in the first place?

In an ideal world, we'd have a capable player who DOESN'T quit on plays, but this team seems to have a hard time finding those guys.

EDS
11-02-2010, 07:10 AM

Moss would be a huge mistake for the Bills.

Jan Reimers
11-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Food for thought: would you rather have a guy who quits on plays, or guys who just aren't capable of making them in the first place?

In an ideal world, we'd have a capable player who DOESN'T quit on plays, but this team seems to have a hard time finding those guys.
I was talking specifically about WR Randy Moss, not about a "guy" or "guys." If he were a talented DE or LB, I might feel differently.

But we seem to have developing, talented young guys at WR who are making good plays every week. Why ****** the development of good players in one of the few promising area on this team, by bringing in an aging, problem player?

TacklingDummy
11-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Why ****** the development of good players in one of the few promising area on this team, by bringing in an aging, problem player?
Simple, Championship!!!

Rumpleforeskin
11-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Moss brings a lot more negatives to the table then positives. If this team was more in a
position to win now, I'd say go for it but the best possible out come is maybe the bills win
one or maybe two more games? No thanks, pass please.

trapezeus
11-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Makes me wish the Bills pulled the trigger on trading Evans to Minny. Minny is going to end up like 4 picks ahead of us. It would have been a high pick. and it would have only been a couple more million in a year that they were going balls out to win.

We are 0-7 with or without Evans.

TigerJ
11-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Upset? No, I don't invest that much passion in the Bills' off the field moves. I do't think it is the right move at this time. Buffalo is a rebuilding team and Moss is at the end of the the line in his career, at least in the twilight. Plus, he has attitude issues. Moss is the kind of player you might take a flier on if you think you're close to being a Super Bowl team and you just need one more piece of the puzzle. That's not Buffalo.

kelly2reed4six
11-02-2010, 08:50 AM
I think we should claim him just out of spite for all of the TD's he's scored on us.

imbondz
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM
I'd be upset because it would just show us that the front office really doesn't have a plan. Randy Moss is the definition of a cancer in my opinion. Quits on plays, only thinks of himself. We're willing to pay $9 million to get a guy for 9 games for what? He wouldn't be here next season. We're not making the playoffs. There'd be zero point to bring him in.

If a team is close to making the playoffs, then I can see bringing Moss in.

Figster
11-02-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd be upset because it would just show us that the front office really doesn't have a plan. Randy Moss is the definition of a cancer in my opinion. Quits on plays, only thinks of himself. We're willing to pay $9 million to get a guy for 9 games for what? He wouldn't be here next season. We're not making the playoffs. There'd be zero point to bring him in.

If a team is close to making the playoffs, then I can see bringing Moss in.

There are a couple of pluses, sell out the stadium, appease the fan base to an extent, and eventually get a compensatory pick when all is said and done.

Jan Reimers
11-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I really don't think a selfish, pouting receiver who plays only when he feels like it would sell out the stadium.

Figster
11-02-2010, 09:59 AM
I really don't think a selfish, pouting receiver who plays only when he feels like it would sell out the stadium.

Lots of folks would want to see Randy Moss in a Bills uniform in my opinion,

How Moss would perform just adds to the curiosity/oddity.

Picture it more like a circus act with elephants and clowns.:assclown:

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 10:08 AM

I would rather have guys that try compared to those that have the ability but don't use it.. See Trent vs. Fitz.

Are you assuming he can do better here with Fitz as compared to what he's done this year with better qb's in Farve and Brady? If he can get into it with his coach in NE and throw his team under the bus at Minny, he's going to be a cancer here in buffalo. The bills this year already have leukemia , no need to add a cancer to it.

better days
11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Lots of folks would want to see Randy Moss in a Bills uniform in my opinion,

How Moss would perform just adds to the curiosity/oddity.

Picture it more like a circus act with elephants and clowns.:assclown:

I think the way the Bills have played the last 2 weeks will help sell seats much more than Moss would.

Moot point anyway, because Nix is too smart to bring him to Buffalo.

Figster
11-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Huh? We have wr's that easily made the nos. that Moss made with the Vikes . He isn't going to do anything here that our wr's can't do. He *****ed and got into it with a coach with the Pats, gave up plays with Minny. Both better teams with better qb's than the bills. He's definitely gonna cause trouble here when and if he doesn't get the ball. We have bigger problems than our passing game. Bring in defensive players not cancers.

Star athletes are human, they need to feel wanted, appreciated, the football thrown to them more and the list goes on and on.

A disgruntled Randy Moss is not going to perform well, I agree, but If Randy Moss actually appreciates the gesture of Buffalo turning to him for help, who knows, the guy could actually come out and play some real good football. Moss does have added incentive to prove to the Pats and Viking and the rest of the league for that matter, he can still play.

Folks need to realize, If we signed Randy Moss, the rest of the season is his tryout for every other team in the league and it would be most beneficial to Randy Moss If he wants to continue his career, to play well.

better days
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Star athletes are human, they need to feel wanted, appreciated, the football thrown to them more and the list goes on and on.

A disgruntled Randy Moss is not going to perform well, I agree, but If Randy Moss actually appreciates the gesture of Buffalo turning to him for help, who knows, the guy could actually come out and play some real good football. Moss does have added incentive to prove to the Pats and Viking and the rest of the league for that matter, he can still play.

Folks need to realize, If we signed Randy Moss, the rest of the season is his tryout for every other team in the league and it would be most beneficial to Randy Moss If he wants to continue his career, to play well.

You need to realize the Bills DO NOT NEED to spread a CANCER to this team, especially when they already have good receivers.

imbondz
11-02-2010, 10:27 AM

wow you have an inflated idea of who athletes are. it's not our responsibility to make athletes feel warm and fuzzy inside. athletes like Moss, could care less about the fans.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 10:28 AM

THe Vikes gave up a 3rd for him. They wanted him. He threw them under the bus.

He was already trying out while playing for the Pats and then Minny for a contract next year. If he played well with those teams , he would have had a contract for next year if not with them(although the Pats are changing their offensive scheme and going to the TE's more) or some other team. He screwed that up.

Figster
11-02-2010, 10:38 AM
You need to realize the Bills DO NOT NEED to spread a CANCER to this team, especially when they already have good receivers.

I do realize what your saying, but I hear this cancer word a lot, TO was supposed to be a cancer. Now I'm not saying everything went as planned with TO, but he did what our marketing director/owner thought he would do, which is sell tickets and bring some attention/ excitement to the organization. (Without being a cancer)

Note: I like to debate things so just because I'm posting some of the pro's, doesn't mean I'm not weighing in the cons.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
I do realize what your saying, but I hear this cancer word a lot, TO was supposed to be a cancer. Now I'm not saying everything went as planned with TO, but he did what our marketing director/owner thought he would do, which is sell tickets and bring some attention/ excitement to the organization. (Without being a cancer)

Moss is not TO. TO behaved while he was here while Moss had two chances to do so both with the Pats and the Vikes. He didn't ,so I don't expect him to behave with a team thats worse than both the Vikes and Pats.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Note: I like to debate things so just because I'm posting some of the pro's, doesn't mean I'm not weighing in the cons.

the only pro I see is the bills making national headline which could turn into a con when he throws the team under the bus which will make the bills even look dumber for taking him.

Figster
11-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Moss is not TO. TO behaved while he was here while Moss had two chances to do so both with the Pats and the Vikes. He didn't ,so I don't expect him to behave with a team thats worse than both the Vikes and Pats.

Moss and Brady connected for a lot of receptions/points during his stay in New England, its not like Moss didn't perform.

Figster
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
the only pro I see is the bills making national headline which could turn into a con when he throws the team under the bus which will make the bills even look dumber for taking him.

Like I previously posted,, it would not be beneficial for Moss to perform badly with whoever picks him up because his future depends on it. Randy Moss may be disgruntled , but he's not stupid.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Moss and Brady connected for a lot of receptions/points during his stay in New England, its not like Moss didn't perform.

I wasn't talking about Moss in the last few years, I'm talking about Moss NOW.

FYI, Fitz is not Brady/Farve and Gailey isn't as proven as the Pats coaches. If he can casue trouble with better teams, he'll cause more trouble here.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Like I previously posted,, it would not be beneficial for Moss to perform badly with whoever picks him up because his future depends on it. Randy Moss may be disgruntled , but he's not stupid.

It wasn't beneficial for him to perform badly with both the Pats and Minny in his contract year and yet he did. You are arguing with facts now and telling us that he won't do to the bills what he has been doing with better teams.

How is getting into it with a coach and throwing a team that wanted you under the bus not stupid?

ChristopherWalken
11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
The Bills paid like $6 million for TO? -Right?

$4 million seems like a decent price for Moss, but..

I'm not recommending the Bills should pull him off waivers. I don't think that Gailey is the type to jump at the "shiny gold thingy" - but then I think of the Spiller pick in the draft.

I think the Bills have a great young receving squad and this might disrupt developement. Or, some of them having played with TO and Moss, this might be transposed into a positve learning opportunity.

I won't be surprised or upset if the Bills jump on this.

Lexwhat
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Before I say anything, let me just say that bringing Moss to Buffalo is a stupid idea. The guy cannot help us long-term, and this season is already lost.

Anyway, with the Patriots, you are trying to paint a picture of a situation that doesn't exist. He "behaved" pretty damn well with the Patriots. In his entire tenure there, Moss opened his mouth ONCE during a post-game conference by saying he felt unappreciated. Now, all of a sudden, he is misbehaving??

What you see with Randy Moss is what you get. He mostly keeps to himself and goes about his business. The guy loses interest when he doesn't get the ball. He doesn't like running short routes, nor is he good at them. He hates being on a losing team, and desperately wants a Super Bowl ring. This was the genius of Bill Belichick. He knew exactly how to manage Moss and make him a part of the team.

Childress was a moron for acquiring Moss and not knowing how to manage him correctly. But then again, he's been a moron even before Moss arrived. The Vikings are on their way to a losing season, unless T.Jackson can step in and stabilize them.

I do agree with you on one point though -- Moss would be extremely unhappy here in Buffalo and I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.

Figster
11-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I wasn't talking about Moss in the last few years, I'm talking about Moss NOW.

FYI, Fitz is not Brady/Farve and Gailey isn't as proven as the Pats coaches. If he can casue trouble with better teams, he'll cause more trouble here.

Sorry, I'm just not seeing all this trouble Moss caused with the Pats,

Causing a disruption with the next team that Randy Moss plays for could and probably would end his career. I'm sure Moss's agent and his peers are advising him to perform well for the remainder of the season.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 11:11 AM

Causing a disruption with the next team that Randy Moss plays for could and probably would end his career. I'm sure Moss's agent and his peers are advising him to perform well for the remainder of the season.

Randy Moss and New England’s quarterbacks coach Bill O’Brien had a war of words at halftime of the New England Patriots‘ win over the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football, which may or may not have contributed to Moss’ trade to the Minnesota Vikings.

This was not the first time Moss’ rocky relationship with the Patriots was on full display. Earlier this season, he went on a postgame tangent regarding his days with the team soon coming to an end.
Google it

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/randy-moss-fight/

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Anyway, with the Patriots, you are trying to paint a picture of a situation that doesn't exist. He "behaved" pretty damn well with the Patriots. In his entire tenure there, Moss opened his mouth ONCE during a post-game conference by saying he felt unappreciated. Now, all of a sudden, he is misbehaving??

He bahaved the last few years which I dont deny. He didn't behave this year. When he's happy with a siuation he's fine, when he's unhappy all hell breaks lose and that includes playing for the Pats. If he can't be happy with a winning Pats this year, he won't be happy here.

Figster
11-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Google it

Honestly, with all due respect I like to form my own opinions and take another persons/writers conjecture for what it is, which is another opinion and everyone has one.

Happens all the time and If you didn't have a passion for the game then its time to hang it up in my opinion.

Lexwhat
11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Google it

This article is PURE speculation -- "may have contributed."

Many athletes have had "heated sideline exchanges" with coaches during games. It happened to our own Eric Moulds a few years ago. Moulds was a malcontent, not a chronic misbehaving athlete.

I guess I just take issue with your word of "misbehaving." Malcontent or apathy might be better terms to use.

Anyway, I now give credit to Belichick (even though I hate his ass) for being able to get a 3rd Round pick for Moss. He showed good judgement.

DynaPaul
11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
What the hell... why not? We signed T.O. once already, why not Moss?

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Honestly, with all due respect I like to form my own opinions and take another persons/writers conjecture for what it is, which is another opinion and everyone has one.

Happens all the time and If you didn't have a passion for the game then its time to hang it up in my opinion.

Your opinion is that he didn't cause trouble with the PAts, yet the FACTS PROVE he did. You can argue with the facts all you want.

BillsATL
11-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Maybe we can ask the Raiders if he will perform well with a bad team

Lexwhat
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
He bahaved the last few years which I dont deny. He didn't behave this year. When he's happy with a siuation he's fine, when he's unhappy all hell breaks lose and that includes playing for the Pats. If he can't be happy with a winning Pats this year, he won't be happy here.

I think the events from this year with the Patriots are blown out of proportion. The Media loves to embellish stories so that readers will pay attention to them. They love creating situations that never truly existed in the first place. You know this about the Media.

Anyway, I agree with you 100% about the Bills. He will be extremely unhappy here. No point in acquiring someone that doesn't want to be here.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
This article is PURE speculation -- "may have contributed."

Many athletes have had "heated sideline exchanges" with coaches during games. It happened to our own Eric Moulds a few years ago. Moulds was a malcontent, not a chronic misbehaving athlete.

I guess I just take issue with your word of "misbehaving." Malcontent or apathy might be better terms to use.

Anyway, I now give credit to Belichick (even though I hate his ass) for being able to get a 3rd Round pick for Moss. He showed good judgement.

Receiver Randy Moss and New England Patriots quarterbacks coach Bill O'Brien were involved in a heated exchange at halftime of the team's victory Monday over the Miami Dolphins, according to player sources.

The locker-room exchange, described as an "outburst" by one player, came two days before the Patriots traded Moss to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2011 third-round draft choice, and could have contributed to the team's decision to make the deal.
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5655198

yeah it's speculation but he DID get traded 2 days later which means the speculation may have legs.

Besides, I'm not arguing the speculation but pointing out he was a problem in the locker room.

Figster
11-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Your opinion is that he didn't cause trouble with the PAts, yet the FACTS PROVE he did. You can argue with the facts all you want.

My opinion is look at the whole, not just a small part, to form an accurate evaluation.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 11:33 AM
My opinion is look at the whole, not just a small part, to form an accurate evaluation.

you ignore the FACTS to form your opinion so the whole picture is flawed.

Figster
11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
you ignore the FACTS to form your opinion so the whole picture is flawed.

I'm not ignoring them, or that there is some truth or fact in what you say.

More that there are many variables to consider and as far as Moss's tenure in New England goes, the good outweighs the bad.

We live in a what have you done for me lately world and in this case, what can you do for me tomorrow. Randy Moss gave the Patriots a number three draft pick, otherwise they get nothing in return. It was a good business decision that led the Patriots down the path that they took with Randy Moss not an altercation between player and coach, at least not in my opinion anyway.

justasportsfan
11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm not ignoring them, or that there is some truth or fact in what you say.

More that there are many variables to consider and as far as Moss's tenure in New England goes, the good outweighs the bad.

tell that to the Vikes who is letting him go.

We live in a what have you done for me lately world and in this case, what can you do for me tomorrow. Randy Moss gave the Patriots a number three draft pick, otherwise they get nothing in return. It was a good business decision that led the Patriots down the path that they took with Randy Moss not an altercation between player and coach, at least not in my opinion anyway.

what you've done for me lately tells me to stay away because what he's done lately tells me that tomorrow he will be a cancer for the bills , so no thanks.

Figster
11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
what you've done for me lately tells me to stay away because what he's done lately tells me that tomorrow he will be a cancer for the bills , so no thanks.

I tend to think Nix/Gailey will probably agree,

On the other hand, we can never underestimate the leverage Russ Brandon has with RW from a marketing perspective.

HAMMER
11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
This is just silly, we tried this last year, does everyone forget that quickly?

Beebe's Kid
11-02-2010, 12:57 PM
A marketing ploy... That is ****ing brilliant... Yeah, that's what we need. That is the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

Moss will end up back in New England. They get the pick and the player. Why would anybody else sign him after his gushing about the Pats? They won't...

Figster
11-02-2010, 01:13 PM
A marketing ploy... That is ****ing brilliant... Yeah, that's what we need. That is the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

Moss will end up back in New England. They get the pick and the player. Why would anybody else sign him after his gushing about the Pats? They won't...

Marketing and sales is a big part of the business.

It might sound dumb to you , but I can guarantee you RW listens to what Russ Brandon has to say concerning acquisitions.

better days
11-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Marketing and sales is a big part of the business.

It might sound dumb to you , but I can guarantee you RW listens to what Russ Brandon has to say concerning acquisitions.

What is dumb is to think Moss has any marketing value in Buffalo.

Figster
11-02-2010, 02:25 PM
What is dumb is to think Moss has any marketing value in Buffalo.

Judging by some of the polls I've seen the acquisition of Randy Moss is not a popular idea to most Bills fans.

madness
11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I'll be upset if we passed up Gibson for either of the two high maintenance veteran players on the downside of their career.

psubills62
11-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Yahoo! Sports' Michael Silver reports that Randy Moss' "boorish" behavior in a locker room incident last Friday contributed to the Vikings' decision to cut him loose.

A favorite local restaurant catered the Vikings' buffet Friday. Moss went up to the table and yelled, "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog!" Per the St. Paul Pioneer-Press, the room got quite except for one player who said, "Shut the (expletive) up, Randy." Brett Favre even shot Moss the stink eye. The Vikes also had concerns about Moss' poisonous attitude rubbing off on Percy Harvin. Coach Brad Childress reportedly explained, "This just doesn't fit with how we treat people, how we talk to people and how we act."

From rotoworld.com

Figster
11-02-2010, 03:18 PM
From rotoworld.com

Brad Childress is a jerk and should be fired in my opinion.

Bill Cody
11-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Brad Childress is a jerk and should be fired in my opinion.

He probably will be. The funny thing about them cutting Moss is you had to know what you were getting when you traded for him. I mean NE just unloaded him because they were sick of him. So you get him and then you're like "this guy's a pain in the ass". um duh! if you weren't willing to take on the whole Moss package and the league has had 13 years to view that package WHY THE HELL TRADE FOR HIM? As bizarre a guy as Moss is cutting him after a month when you just gave up a 3rd is even more bizarre.

BTW, put me down as NO for claiming Moss.

Figster
11-02-2010, 03:40 PM
He probably will be. The funny thing about them cutting Moss is you had to know what you were getting when you traded for him. I mean NE just unloaded him because they were sick of him. So you get him and then you're like "this guy's a pain in the ass". um duh! if you weren't willing to take on the whole Moss package and the league has had 13 years to view that package WHY THE HELL TRADE FOR HIM? As bizarre a guy as Moss is cutting him after a month when you just gave up a 3rd is even more bizarre.

BTW, put me down as NO for claiming Moss.

conjecture,

The Patriots unloaded Randy Moss for a third round pick because it was the right thing to do from a business standpoint, that or get nothing in return.

Bill Cody
11-02-2010, 03:45 PM
The Patriots unloaded Randy Moss for a third round pick because it was the right thing to do from a business standpoint, that or get nothing in return.

No. The Patriots are a SB contender. If they thought Moss was an asset in getting there they would not have moved him for a 3rd rounder, period. Ithink Brady was sick of him. I think Bellichick was sick of him. I think Moss was annoying about his contract. Sure they wanted a return for him but you're naive in the extreme if you think that's what was behind the move. If they let him play out the year and he walks they probably get a 3rd rounder as a compensatory pick.

Figster
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
No. The Patriots are a SB contender. If they thought Moss was an asset in getting there they would not have moved him for a 3rd rounder, period. Ithink Brady was sick of him. I think Bellichick was sick of him. I think Moss was annoying about his contract. Sure they wanted a return for him but you're naive in the extreme if you think that's what was behind the move. If they let him play out the year and he walks they probably get a 3rd rounder as a compensatory pick.

The Patriots recent influx of FA would have voided the compensatory pick If IF I'm not mistaken. The Pats have to stay even (which only nets you a seventh) or lose more FA then they gain which I don't believe to be the case.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Myself personally, the move was made to gain a valuable 3rd round draft pick because at the end of the season Moss is gone.

The Patriots went into this season knowing they were in a rebuilding mode and bringing in many new faces, which in turn means saying goodbye to some of the old ones.

better days
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
The Patriots recent influx of FA would have voided the compensatory pick If IF I'm not mistaken. The Pats have to stay even (which only nets you a seventh) or lose more FA then they gain which I don't believe to be the case.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Myself personally, the move was made to gain a valuable 3rd round draft pick because at the end of the season Moss is gone.

The Patriots went into this season knowing they were in a rebuilding mode and bringing in many new faces, which in turn means saying goodbye to some of the old ones.

The comp pick would have been based on the FA that N.E. signed next year.

I too think if they felt he could help with a Super Bowl run, they would not have made the trade.

Figster
11-02-2010, 05:08 PM
The comp pick would have been based on the FA that N.E. signed next year.

I too think if they felt he could help with a Super Bowl run, they would not have made the trade.

I honestly don't think Superbowl run is what the Pats originally had in mind this season.

The release of Randy Moss is a calculated move that was more about rebuilding then anything in my opinion.

I will concede Moss's bad attitude could have played into the decision.