• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Cherry
    BFZ Hockey Commissioner
    • Oct 2002

LaFontaine was a Hall of a player . . . and person

Pat LaFontaine will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in November, the highest honor he'll receive in his lifetime considering there's no shrine for selfless, sensitive and compassionate athletes.

I remember being out in the meat locker they called Sabreland to cover one of LaFontaine's first practices with the Sabres following his acquisition from the Islanders. A group of children with Down Syndrome were parked in the bleachers against the glass. LaFontaine took to the ice and immediately skated over to where they were seated. He chatted for a few minutes, took a warm-up lap and came to a halt directly in front of me.
    more

• Travis Hunter
    • Jul 2002

Try to find another Pat today, highly unlikely.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BironsGirl43
      Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
      • Oct 2002

I love Lalalala...

He's one of my faves :)

Congrats to him on the induction.. he deserves it
      ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

• Jaded 7
        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
        • Jul 2002

I can't get the link to open.

I didn't realize Pat LaFontaine was such a great guy. He spent the better part of his career on the Islanders, right? That's where I know him from. That and my best friend used to have a HUGE crush on him. She saw him out at a bar on Long Island once.

That's great he was honored the way he was. It's nice to see good guys get noticed. :)

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
        The only answer I found for all this hurt
        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

Working...
        X