X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gibran Chandan
    • Aug 2010

Would anyone rather see 0-16...

Call me crazy, but after thinking about it, I think I'd rather see us go 0-16 than 1-15 or 2-14. I mean...if we're going to have an absolutely appalling record, I think I'd rather see it be as utterly awful as possible than to see a couple of tiny little whimpers on the stats. a 1-15 season eventually slips people's minds, but go 0-16 and we'll be the team to talk about!
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: Would anyone rather see 0-16...

1 or 2 wins would be 100XXXX better then 0-16...
    0-16 is just plain out bad and laughable....

Dont think I can handle all my customer talking about us 0-16 all year.......
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

1-15, with the one win being over the Pats.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
        Will not tolerate vandalism.
        • Apr 2006

In terms of draft position, I'm with you. Get in the best position to nab the best player available. Of course, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

The team plays to win, and as a fan, I root for them to win every game. I want them to win as many as they can. Why would a fan hope his or her team loses?

Wishing for 0-16, either for notoriety, or to get a higher draft pick, goes against every instinct that I have.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            The team plays to win, and as a fan, I root for them to win every game. I want them to win as many as they can. Why would a fan hope his or her team loses?

Wishing for 0-16, either for notoriety, or to get a higher draft pick, goes against every instinct that I have.
            Again, food for thought:

I understand that a fan, by definition, is someone who wants the team to win games. But if we win 2 or 3 or 4 games, that might cost us the "QB of the future" or some other great player, which will just lead to fewer wins in the future. Is it really worth the immediate gratification of a couple of meaningless wins to potentially sacrifice wins in the future when we could potentially make the playoffs?

I don't think there is a right answer to that question- just throwing it out there for discussion.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Again, food for thought:

I understand that a fan, by definition, is someone who wants the team to win games. But if we win 2 or 3 or 4 games, that might cost us the "QB of the future" or some other great player, which will just lead to fewer wins in the future. Is it really worth the immediate gratification of a couple of meaningless wins to potentially sacrifice wins in the future when we could potentially make the playoffs?

I don't think there is a right answer to that question- just throwing it out there for discussion.
              I understand the concept. However, there is no assurance that no matter where we pick, we won't take Richie Lucas, Walt Patulski, Erik Flowers or Mike Williams.

And personally, I am incapable of rooting for the Bills to lose.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I'd rather try to win every week and let the chips fall where they may.

This just in... The Draft is NOT an exact science, as the Bills have proven for years.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I understand the concept. However, there is no assurance that no matter where we pick, we won't take Richie Lucas, Walt Patulski, Erik Flowers or Mike Williams.

And personally, I am incapable of rooting for the Bills to lose.
                  Good point on the draft picks.

And I don't think it's a matter of actually rooting for them to lose as it is being less upset when they do. Even in our 7-9 seasons, I would get pissed after a loss because we still had an outside shot at the playoffs. Now, I'd describe my feelings after a loss as "begrudging acceptance of an inevitable outcome." It's hard to get emotional about it when the only real difference it makes is draft order.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Unfortunately, I feel the possibilities may end up being: 1) go 0-16, or 2) lose out on the #1 draft pick. I have a feeling Carolina will have a 1-15 record and a worse SOS. Depending on the draft after/during a lockout, we will almost definitely miss out on Luck.

That being said, I will continue to stand by the statement that I first made a while back: it's not where you draft, it's who you draft.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

idk how anyone could EVER be happy with 0-16....its embarrassing.

Comment

• bosshogg21
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by psubills62
                        Unfortunately, I feel the possibilities may end up being: 1) go 0-16, or 2) lose out on the #1 draft pick. I have a feeling Carolina will have a 1-15 record and a worse SOS. Depending on the draft after/during a lockout, we will almost definitely miss out on Luck.

That being said, I will continue to stand by the statement that I first made a while back: it's not where you draft, it's who you draft.

So after drafting 2 qbs clausen, and pike last year and also having matt Moore, you think Carolina definitely goes with luck?? I'm not so sure. I think they might trade down with someone who would take them.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

Finish this statement:

"You play to __________________."
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• dannyek71
                            Drink Responsibly
                            • Dec 2004

Wishing for 0-16 means wishing we loose to the Pats. This goes against EVERYTHING I stand for.
                            [

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by bosshogg21
                              So after drafting 2 qbs clausen, and pike last year and also having matt Moore, you think Carolina definitely goes with luck?? I'm not so sure. I think they might trade down with someone who would take them.
                              As Ingtar has said before...have you seen any of those guys play? I guarantee they'd take Luck if they got the #1 pick and he entered the draft.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X