PDA

View Full Version : Twist on Merriman/Moss Pickups

Akhippo
11-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Merriman more than Moss, but even if Merriman had no intention on resigning with Buffalo, would you pick him up if it could net us say a mid round comp pick.

I dont know exactly the formula, maybe if we put 'pats' somewhere in our name we would get more, but a trial run on a position of need that could benefit us either way might be worth it.

Moss is a little different due to us not having a great need at WR. But with him across from Lee with Stevie in the slot; might be worth a little excitement for a half year. Let him walk and get a pick.

I am willing to be creative in a winless year.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
i say pick him up no matter what.

trapezeus
11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
merriman is a must. anything that helps glue kelsay's butt to a bench is a good pick up. and since kelsay is absolute trash, i think a pathetic merriman is still light years ahead of kelsay.

Stewie
11-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing... If we were to claim Moss, could we get a pick for him when he leaves after the season?

It's simply a mental exercise, as I don't see ralph paying 3 million bucks to essentially buy a draft pick.

bflojohn
11-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Trapezeus, it is "lights out" ahead of Kelsay! Light years works too, though. I am thinking Merriman is worthy of the look see, but Moss' acquisition would be poison in the locker room, if you ask me.

McBFLO
11-02-2010, 05:08 PM
moss wouldn't even report...

RockStar36
11-02-2010, 05:14 PM
If Moss left, the team would technically get a draft pick out of it, but I still don't think I'd do it. He just isn't worth the headache he'll cause.

Have you guys read the article about how he traded a local catering company on Friday before last week's game? I don't want that guy on my team.

bigbub2352
11-02-2010, 07:07 PM
moss is a true scumbag....i would take merriman in a second he is light yrs better then reggie torbor..and we are like 30mil under the cap do it

hydro
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Trapezeus, it is "lights out" ahead of Kelsay! Light years works too, though. I am thinking Merriman is worthy of the look see, but Moss' acquisition would be poison in the locker room, if you ask me.
What the heck are you talking about? It is light years...

northernbillfan
11-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I will not watch one more game this season if the team picks up Moss.

Merriman has lots of years left in him and he would benefit the team in the long run. It would light a fire under Poz' ass too, not just Kelsay's.

Extremebillsfan247
11-03-2010, 06:09 AM
It wouldn't hurt to bring Merriman in to see if he has anything left. We would only have him for 9 games but would come relatively cheap at approximately 1.8 million if claimed. We are 0-7 and at this point I don't see how it could hurt in any way. If at worse, he fails to perform and your done after the year is out. However, if he shows that all he needed was a change of scenery to return to form, it would give this team first crack at a contract negotiation that could land us an instant improvement at the LB position. JMO

X-Era
11-03-2010, 06:14 AM
I fully expect the Bills to skip picking up either. They will talk about how they like their young guys and they want to build what they have here... blah, blah, blah.

This team wouldn't know how to make its team better (outside the draft) if it smacked them in the face.

And Moss and Merriman being waived, with us having the first crack at them, is as close to being smacked in the face as it gets.

Extremebillsfan247
11-03-2010, 06:26 AM
I fully expect the Bills to skip picking up either. They will talk about how they like their young guys and they want to build what they have here... blah, blah, blah.

This team wouldn't know how to make its team better (outside the draft) if it smacked them in the face.

And Moss and Merriman being waived, with us having the first crack at them, is as close to being smacked in the face as it gets. I think your right in that they will pass on both players. But the real question is do these 2 players really do enough to claim that they instantly make you a better team by acquiring either of them? Both of them have had their share of issues lately. The reason that question is so important is because it is quite clear by now that this team has to build for long term stability. We really need to think about how adding one of these players to that mix effects the situation for the future of this franchise. If we were 1 or 2 players away from a playoff run, this would be an entirely different conversation, but this team isn't even close to that at this point. It has to make anyone with some common sense wonder if it is such a good idea for the rebuild process that is in effect right now. JMO