how many bills starters do you think could make it through waivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

how many bills starters do you think could make it through waivers?

If the bills were to cut all their starters, how many do you think end up making it through waivers?

of the starting 11 on offense, i think all the skill positions would be picked up including fitz. i think wood and levtre get picked up, but the tackles and center do not.

of the starting 11 of defense, i think florence, mckelvin, pos, stroud, byrd get picked up. everyone else makes it.

Guesses?
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: how many bills starters do you think could make it through waivers?

i would agree with your assessment.
    Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 11-02-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

Maybin gets picked up for sure.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

60% would make it through. of that, i am sure.
        Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-02-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Bangarang

By a cab maybe
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Edwards and Williams, off the top of my head, get claimed. So do Whitner, Scott and Wilson.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

None. They'd all be picked up by somebody.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bflojohn
                • Aug 2005

I am saying this from a practical application, after 7 full games, there are a number of teams that are banged up. Therefore, the vast majority of the Bills starting roster would indeed be picked up, IMO. I think two or three would have plenty of trouble latching on somewhere, but other teams would bite!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Edwards and Williams, off the top of my head, get claimed. So do Whitner, Scott and Wilson.

kyle williams would be a good pick up for a 4-3 team.

i could buy the argument that banged up teams would pretty much pick up any of our players.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

I doubt many. If Edwards got claimed, most of the players on the Bills now would as well.

D & S Sports

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bangarang
                      Without a doubt. The coaches here are just not using him right.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

People have to remember that a player waived mid-season comes with a financial obligation.

To those who said "everyone" would be claimed -- you're tellin me that Chris Kelsey would be picked up, at his salary?? Lee Evans at his salary? McKelvin or Whitner at their salary?

The only players who would be picked up, IMO...
                        -- Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Fitzpatrick
                        -- Dwan Edwards, Drayton Florence, Terrance McGee, Jairus Byrd, Kyle Williams, Paul Posluszny.

...And not all of these guys would be picked up to be starters either.

Comment

• sksteele
                          • Jan 2010

Everyone gets picked up - depth in the NFL is non existent, and the margin between good and bad isnt as wide as we think. The Bills dont have high school players.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

I agree, if Trent Edwards got picked up, I will say everyone would.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

QB's will get picked up. You have to be insanely bad to not get picked up (russell and others who shall not be named).

The worry about the starter QB durability and the lack of options makes even the rex grossmans go around the league several times.

Comment

Working...
                              X