NFL Total Access - Jay Glazer is one dumb mother******!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

NFL Total Access - Jay Glazer is one dumb mother******!

Listening to him he said that it makes no business sense for the Bills to pick up Merriman. Umm, hey Jay, you moron...it makes perfect sense! Picking him up for a position of need makes perfect sense! If he plays well and still wants to leave, the Bills can Franchise him and get a pick for him. If he plays well and the Bills resign him, they have filled a glaring hole on this team.

I'm sorry, Glazer is either really stupid or is just pissed because one of his favorite teams wasn't able to claim Merriman instead. What he said was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a "so called expert" ever say.

Wow, anybody can be a reporter it seems like.
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Re: NFL Total Access - Jay Glazer is one dumb mother******!

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Listening to him he said that it makes no business sense for the Bills to pick up Merriman. Umm, hey Jay, you moron...it makes perfect sense! Picking him up for a position of need makes perfect sense! If he plays well and still wants to leave, the Bills can Franchise him and get a pick for him. If he plays well and the Bills resign him, they have filled a glaring hole on this team.

I'm sorry, Glazer is either really stupid or is just pissed because one of his favorite teams wasn't able to claim Merriman instead. What he said was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a "so called expert" ever say.

Anything the Bills do...the media puts a negative spin on it because they aren't a big market
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

If he plays well and still wants to leave, the Bills can Franchise him and get a pick for him. If he plays well and the Bills resign him, they have filled a glaring hole on this team.
      What if he doesn't play well?
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Nighthawk
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
        Then they lost nothing...and it cost them nothing. There is ZERO downside to this move.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

so what? it's worse the chance. it not as if you're paying him. cheap ass ralph is actually going to shell out some money. get the f over it.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Then they can cut him, after getting a half-season of sideline coaching for the young LBers on the team.

Considering the dearth of talent/ability on this teams 'backers, even signing Mike Stratton, Phil Villiapiano or Darryl Talley at this point shouldn't be considered a bad move.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Best case............He plays well & enjoys playing in Buffalo.

Or..............He plays well & want out of Buffalo ASAP, in which case the Bills can get a comp pick or franchise & trade him.

Worst case........He sucks & is cut, bad for the Bills but worse for him. Who would want a LB that can't play in Buffalo?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

i believe if he plays well, the bills will have a good chance to sign him. i am pretty sure buddy nix was the reason he was drafted in san diego.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                  • Sep 2010

Some dumbass on Rome is burning, said Merriman is s strict 3-4 when the Bills are 4-3. Wow dude. Get a better source
                  Originally posted by OpIv37
                  You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

I don't know if he is a guy one would franchise (too much cost), but the move wont hurt the team
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                      • Nov 2004

I heard the same on NFL network. Why on earth is signing a good player (that was dominant not before last season) a "bad" business decision? What a tool. NFL players already have a chip on their shoulder this may just be a nice fit. Dont foget loyalty Nix was with the Chargers when they stole Merriman in the draft in the first round. A speed pass rusher who can play in the 3-4 even if he isnt 100% he is already one our best LBs at least he will take up one of the better blockers and at least make teams gameplan for him. Maybe this is a message to Maybin also???

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                        • Sep 2008

I'm rarely one to complain about negative Bills coverage - they've been bad for a long time, so it's to be expected - but Glazer embarrassed himself. Rich Eisen tried to reason with him and then Glazer continued with his narrative about the move making no sense. Of course it makes sense; the Bills are hard up for linebackers and pass rushers, and Merriman is - wait for it - a pass-rushing linebacker. Whether he's any good anymore, we'll find out. It was worth a shot for the Bills, and basically costs them nothing.

Common sense, Jay. Get some.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

It does make business sense.

He should be able to sell some tickets and jerseys.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                            I don't know if he is a guy one would franchise (too much cost), but the move wont hurt the team
                            Why...because the Bills don't have the money? I don't think your comment makes too much sense.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Why...because the Bills don't have the money? I don't think your comment makes too much sense.
                              I don't think a player of his level is worth a tag anymore and nobody will trade for somebody with that tag on him. His last two years have not been good enough to stick the FT on him.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X