PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think before we hear the presser?

trapezeus
11-03-2010, 07:00 PM
just curious. so much speculation of him not wanting to be here or wanting to stay, i figured it'd be nice to hear from him on the topic.

G Wolly
11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Well it just happened today.

So maybe tomorrow or Friday when he shows up to the facility :idunno:

trapezeus
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
i figured, but then i heard rumors that the buddy had called to notify merriman that he was already being claimed by the bills. didn't know if merriman packed a bag and headed out today for a possible conference tonight.

G Wolly
11-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't think he's THAT excited to come here...

lightningbolt444
11-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Where are these "reports" that he is not happy about being signed here or is that what people are just saying on this board which other than a couple people here you cant listen to what they say at all. I know its hard but we all knew this would be a rebuilding year but yet people are still getting emotional in one thread and then saying the exact opposite in the next. Wow lets fire the whole FO and then well the best thing is to Bottom Out. Its fine to think either but make up your mind and dont say a player wont play here just because its Buffalo depending on his releationship with Nix he may have Wanted to come here.

I think something that is being overlooked is that Maybin and Merriman are very good friends maybe this was done as a last chance type of thing for Maybin........

G Wolly
11-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Where are these "reports" that he is not happy about being signed here or is that what people are just saying on this board which other than a couple people here you cant listen to what they say at all.

No one here said anything about "reports"

It's a fact that we're one of, if not the least appealing franchise in the league these days.

Calm down sir.

lightningbolt444
11-03-2010, 07:44 PM
No one here said anything about "reports"

It's a fact that we're one of, if not the least appealing franchise in the league these days.

Calm down sir.

Not going to deny that and didnt mean to sound ryled up Im not really at all. Just stating facts :)

G Wolly
11-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I know what you mean.

Aside from loving this team literally my entire life, if I were a professional NFL'er and got picked up by Buffalo, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled given our 10 year playoff drought amongst other things.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-03-2010, 07:50 PM
I know what you mean.

Aside from loving this team literally my entire life, if I were a professional NFL'er and got picked up by Buffalo, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled given our 10 year playoff drought amongst other things.

I think if you have only played 17 games in the past three years, I think you would pretty much go to any team that was willing to give you a shot.

lightningbolt444
11-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I know what you mean.

True but it also depends on him. He is only 26 and depending on his confidence he may think in his mind I am going to sign a extension and show everyone that Im the reason the team made the playoffs in two years (not saying they will or he will be) there is no better way to prove to the league you still got it than putting up huge numbers on the bills ;) or he may think im gonna get my check until the end of the season then go elsewhere however I think if he signs an extension with us now he gets more money than he would get on the open market at this point.

G Wolly
11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I think if you have only played 17 games in the past three years, I think you would pretty much go to any team that was willing to give you a shot.

I'm not trying to say whether or not he wants to be here.

All I'm saying is that if he had a choice, I'm sure we wouldn't come close.

Beebe's Kid
11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I know there are some fans waiting the presser on why we didn't claim the guy from
Pittsburgh... I mean he did play for the Steelers...well kind of...he was never actually active, and they cut him, but they have great linebackers, and are great evaluators of talent... Whaley used to work for the Steelers, before they drafted him, so there is a strong connection there... And we ****ed up and let him slide through our fingers!!!

Now all the homers have the pom-poms out because Merriman is a player we've "heard of," probably because he was a wild ****ing animal for several years...he's also only 26, and if the steroids weren't the only reason he was good...which can't be determined from the dominant year and a half he had after the suspension... We have to hope he can come back from a knee injury and play, and medicine hasn't developed to the point where we can realistically hope for the nearly impossible.

I apologize for the rant to those that see this for what it is...low risk,with anpossible high return. A great move to get a player with experience at being successful, who is still young and has potential to be the bad ass this team is sorely missing...oh, and he's going to have an AJ Smith sized chip on his shoulder.

Good job, Bills. I believe in the plan, until proven otherwise...and I think Edwards was handled well, as was Lynch...Kelsay was a call from the top. The team is 0-7, but they are playing hard, and improving. This isn't my idea of an awesome season, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I don't think it's a train.

BillsWin
11-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Tim Graham reported that Merriman "wasn't thrilled" that Buffalo claimed him, but who cares?

There is always a chance he comes here and falls in love, and stays long term. Perhaps he has a long, successful career here.

I seem to remember a big name guy who wanted nothing to do with Buffalo but came and stayed for a while. He fell in love with the city and the fans and stuck around long after his career was over.

*cough* Jim Kelly *cough*

psubills62
11-03-2010, 10:36 PM
lightning, I think there were reports saying that Randy Moss would refuse to play if a crappy team claimed him, and people kind of transferred a similar feeling to Merriman.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2010, 11:17 PM
just curious. so much speculation of him not wanting to be here or wanting to stay, i figured it'd be nice to hear from him on the topic.
who's saying he doesn't want to be here or stay? fellow zoners or the media?

i know a lot of the bahumbuggers finding their reasons to cry but that's the usual. i didn't hear anything through the media about him not wanting to be here.

also, was he still coming back from the knee injury this year or was it another injury?

ZAZusmc03
11-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I believe it was a calf issue this season.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Presser coming soon this afternoon i think...

ChristopherWalken
11-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, according to Merriman himself he tweeted "Taking off to Buffalo"...

Sounds like he's on a plane.

madness
11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Merriman presser on Sat. (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/11/05/merriman-presser-on-sat/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2010-11-05T15:20:14+0000"> November 5, 2010 – 3:20 pm </abbr> </small>

The Bills have announced that the Shawne Merriman press conference will take place on Saturday.
It’s scheduled to take place at noon. As always we’ll have full coverage on Buffalobills.com.