X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Merrimans loyalty to Buddy Nix?

At the end of the season is Merriman going to resign with the Bills because Buddy Nix was in San Diego when Merriman was drafted there in 2005? I think this angle is being overstated by some Bills fans I see it as a small factor if not hardly at all..Merriman is going to whoever shows him the green
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Merrimans loyalty to Buddy Nix?

Originally posted by Doctor Zhivago
    At the end of the season is Merriman going to resign with the Bills because Buddy Nix was in San Diego when Merriman was drafted there in 2005? I think this angle is being overstated by some Bills fans I see it as a small factor if not hardly at all..Merriman is going to whoever shows him the green
    Best case scenario is that Merriman plays well, likes his teamates, likes that coaches and the Bills imporve over the rest of the season. He then may be willing to sign with the Bills if he's offered a good contract.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

no one is going to show him the green, he is a shell of his former self but if he shows signs of being able to play at that level again......i think his best chance at getting fair money is going to be in buffalo.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I hope he plays well and then shows Buffalo some love. That would be a nice way to start the future

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
          • Jan 2010

if anyone overpays medicore players its buffalo, so he has a shot at a good contract here

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

tim grahm said a source he "wasn't thrilled" about coming to buffalo...

he is a high profile celebrity guy, he won't stick around.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills, with nothing to lose aside from nine more football games and some cash, took a flyer on outside linebacker Shawne Merriman.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

I don't see him resigning here because of the above article from Graham, but hey, you never know. If he sees the team going in the right direction and learns to like the atmosphere, maybe he changes his mind. I'm not hopeful though.

D & S Sports

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Who was saying that his connection to Nix will make him want to sign an extension?
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• dasaybz
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  I don't see him resigning here because of the above article from Graham, but hey, you never know. If he sees the team going in the right direction and learns to like the atmosphere, maybe he changes his mind. I'm not hopeful though.
                  Why would he be thrilled with going to an 0-7 football team that isn't going anywhere? I guarantee you that if the Bills were 7-0 and he was coming here, he would be pumped.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by dasaybz
                    Why would he be thrilled with going to an 0-7 football team that isn't going anywhere? I guarantee you that if the Bills were 7-0 and he was coming here, he would be pumped.
                    Seeing that he hasn't played much in recent years and has really dropped off, I would assume he doesn't have much leverage in the situation. For him, this is a 9 game showcase to show the rest of the league that he still has it. He should be happy that someone wanted him and is giving him a chance to play.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

He is here for a few game audition. According to NFL network he was not overjoyed but he was coming here because he loves to play football. ALso they said he definately would not be ready this week. His plan (IMO) is to come up here and play his butt off best he can and bolt for greener pastures. While I like having him in Buffalo in the end I don't think this move makes sense. Not unless they already know he is going to stay. Then it would make sense. If he leaves after the season this was a dumb move to rent him for a few games.

Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.
                      Last edited by Billz_fan; 11-04-2010, 10:39 AM.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                        . While I like having him in Buffalo in the end I don't think this move makes sense.
                        It makes very good sense. We have nothing to lose but a lot to gain if things go our way. Teams take risks on rookies who haven't proven anything so why not take a risk on a former probowler who's only 26?
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

bills still get a compensatory pick even merriman leaves next year, no?

So if he somehow had a studly year in his 8 games with the bills, the bills could get a nice pick if they couldn't sign him, right? and all that for $1.7MM.

We let edwards go for that price, so it's already been budgeted and we get a pick out of it. not bad.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus

So if he somehow had a studly year in his 8 games with the bills, the bills could get a nice pick if they couldn't sign him, right? and all that for $1.7MM.

We let edwards go for that price, so it's already been budgeted and we get a pick out of it. not bad.
                            what kindof pick would we get for him? Does it matter that he hasnt played this year much, or does it just matter what kinda contract he gets from someone else at the end of the year?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus

thats what the article says. If we don't take Merriman, we get nothing . If we do we could get a pick. PLus the best reason why it makes sense is because it made us get rid of Cornell Green.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X