PDA

View Full Version : Mansfield Wrotto or Adam Terry?

X-Era
11-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Adam Terry was released today by the Chargers. Would you cut Wrotto and bringin this guy instead?

To me it's a one for one. If your a Howard fan, fine. No one is saying Terry should replace him. But if you had to choose between Wrotto and Terry, who would you choose?

We've been playing the OL carousel for months adding every guy with any amount of talent but whom is greener than the hills to try to bolster our line. Most have been swing lineman that arent clear fits at OT.

Here's a guy who's 28, is 6-8, 330 and who has had started 18 games since 05. If your not a fan of Green, and you want a mid to early round draftee as our future RT like I do, here's a guy who could displace Green. We simply bring him in, cut Wrotto, and then work to resign him if we choose after the year. He was only signed for one year by the Chargers.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/04/chargers-add-receiver/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Bangarang
11-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I'd have no problem with the move. At this point, I'm all for bringing in whoever we can to try out and continue to get rid of dead weight. It wouldn't hurt for us to try and better this offensive line.

more cowbell
11-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I thought they cut him and brought him back the same day?

X-Era
11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I thought they cut him and brought him back the same day?

They signed him Sept 5th and cut him today.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Chargers-sign-Kelley-Washington-cut-Adam-Terry.html

X-Era
11-04-2010, 05:17 PM
I'd have no problem with the move. At this point, I'm all for bringing in whoever we can to try out and continue to get rid of dead weight. It wouldn't hurt for us to try and better this offensive line.Exactly. At worst he becomes a guy we end up not resigning at the end of the year and who does not end up being a better option than Wrotto. Big deal. At best, he's shows he's a quality backup RT with experience, and we resign him as an upgrade to our backup RT spot over Green assuming we drafted a guy like Carimi in round 2 to be our starter.

I admit it's actually a comparison of Terry to Green as well as Terry to Wrotto.

Jan Reimers
11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Terry was a very good player at Syracuse, a high draft pick (2nd round?) by Baltimore, and a promising lineman there his first few years, as I remember. I think some injuries have affected his career, but he is probably worth looking at.

bigbub2352
11-04-2010, 07:44 PM
bring him in we need the depth...cut howard and put him on the PS or Wrotto both can be stashed there

DraftBoy
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
He's purely a RT at this point and has lost a step due to his injuries but he's still strong as hell.

Oaf
11-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Great prospect, and I wanted him when he was drafted, but from what I've heard he was never really up to snuff. Besides, apparently Wrotto will be getting gametime against Chicago this Sunday.

clumping platelets
11-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Add Terry and dump McCargo thus keep Wrotto

DraftBoy
11-05-2010, 07:51 AM
At this point our OL is such a grab bag, we should be claiming/signing every young lineman that is available for a few week audition.

Lone Stranger
11-05-2010, 07:56 AM
We need depth on the O-line. Besides anybody is better than Green. Terry could be a valuable swingman next year.

psubills62
11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
I'd like to see what Wrotto can do. I'm pretty leery of him, especially since Seattle's the team that dumped him, and they have needed OL for a few years. However, he has starting experience, and I have to imagine he's better than Howard/Green, though with our OL that's never a given.

DraftBoy
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd like to see what Wrotto can do. I'm pretty leery of him, especially since Seattle's the team that dumped him, and they have needed OL for a few years. However, he has starting experience, and I have to imagine he's better than Howard/Green, though with our OL that's never a given.

Im no fan of Wrotto (wasnt high on Howard either) I dont see these guys as dominant NFL starting claiber OL. As backups fine, but not as starters. I was higher on Wrotto coming out of college though.

Jeff1220
11-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Bring him in.

better days
11-05-2010, 10:28 AM

Yeah, Seattle dumping him is huge red flag. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give him a look though.

SABURZFAN
11-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Adam Terry was released today by the Chargers. Would you cut Wrotto and bringin this guy instead?

To me it's a one for one. If your a Howard fan, fine. No one is saying Terry should replace him. But if you had to choose between Wrotto and Terry, who would you choose?

We've been playing the OL carousel for months adding every guy with any amount of talent but whom is greener than the hills to try to bolster our line. Most have been swing lineman that arent clear fits at OT.

Here's a guy who's 28, is 6-8, 330 and who has had started 18 games since 05. If your not a fan of Green, and you want a mid to early round draftee as our future RT like I do, here's a guy who could displace Green. We simply bring him in, cut Wrotto, and then work to resign him if we choose after the year. He was only signed for one year by the Chargers.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/04/chargers-add-receiver/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

i'd cut a schmoe like McCargo or some other useless space on the roster.

X-Era
11-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Terry signed by Jax:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5785429

This is a lost opportunity IMO.