PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor

Buffalo Thriller
11-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Watching the GT VA Tech game. This guy reminds me of a right handed Vick. Is he entering in the draft and if so, would you take him?

tampabay25690
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
It's funny you say that...
I have been following him for a few years now.
This guy has a TON of talent but never put it all together.
Great Speed, Great Arm, but SO INCONSISTENT it hurts...
Will be a mid round pick IMO...

Buffalo Thriller
11-04-2010, 07:31 PM
When his arm is on, he is super accurate.

X-Era
11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
It's funny you say that...
I have been following him for a few years now.
This guy has a TON of talent but never put it all together.
Great Speed, Great Arm, but SO INCONSISTENT it hurts...
Will be a mid round pick IMO...I like an athletic QB as much as the next guy. But, personally, I'd prefer a QB who can use all of his weapons, pick apart a defense, and do so with consistency. To me Taylor represents another QB who will usually look quickly at his primary target and if it's not there, pull it down and run. I worry that that severely limits your ability to beat an NFL team. I think the most successful NFL QB's can read defenses and can find the open guy consistently.

Having an ability to run is nice, but I'd most like to see it as an added bonus to a guy who can read defenses and get the ball to the open guy consistently.

QB's like Taylor may be best suited for the Wildcat or a spread offense where the QB throws it quick and almost exclusively to the primary option.

tampabay25690
11-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I like an athletic QB as much as the next guy. But, personally, I'd prefer a QB who can use all of his weapons, pick apart a defense, and do so with consistency. To me Taylor represents another QB who will usually look quickly at his primary target and if it's not there, pull it down and run. I worry that that severely limits your ability to beat an NFL team. I think the most successful NFL QB's can read defenses and can find the open guy consistently.

Having an ability to run is nice, but I'd most like to see it as an added bonus to a guy who can read defenses and get the ball to the open guy consistently.

QB's like Taylor may be best suited for the Wildcat or a spread offense where the QB throws it quick and almost exclusively to the primary option.

AGreed I thought this was his year to shine....