PDA

View Full Version : Toronto game on FOX locally

YardRat
11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article242015.ece

The Buffalo Bills' "home game" against the Chicago Bears will be shown on Channel 29 regardless of whether all tickets to the Rogers Centre in Toronto are sold, the team confirmed in an e-mail today.

Ebenezer
11-04-2010, 07:36 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article242015.ece
Can we get a translation?

"The game isn't sold out; this idea is a bust. Since we might actually have a chance to win our first game of the year and really don't need or want to take all the flack that would occur if we did win, the game will be shown in the Buffalo market."

G Wolly
11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I hate the Fox Sports on-screen graphics.

They try to look too futuristic and robotic and it looks cheesy and amateurish.

Joe Fo Sho
11-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I hate the Fox Sports on-screen graphics.

They try to look too futuristic and robotic and it looks cheesy and amateurish.

+1

Bangarang
11-04-2010, 10:35 PM
So umm...please tell me Gus Johnson is calling this game?

G Wolly
11-04-2010, 10:39 PM
So umm...please tell me Gus Johnson is calling this game?

Gus is on Cbs...

Oaf
11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Gus Johnson makes even Bills football worth watching.

Bangarang
11-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Gus is on Cbs...

Oh wow. I totally forgot that this game was on Fox.

G Wolly
11-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Oh wow. I totally forgot that this game was on Fox.

Really?

I would've figured the title gave it away.

Bangarang
11-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Really?

I would've figured the title gave it away.

It's late and I had already forgotten the title of the thread by the time I posted. I did also forget the fact that I checked the guide on the tv to see when the game was too. It happens.

CuseJetsFan83
11-05-2010, 03:17 AM
NY Jets @ Detroit – Gus Johnson, Steve Tasker

Chicago vs Buffalo (Toronto) – Sam Rosen, Tim Ryan

Crazygoo
11-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Not on TV here. Guess i will have to go to the bar

-Brandon-
11-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Can we get a translation?

"The game isn't sold out; this idea is a bust. Since we might actually have a chance to win our first game of the year and really don't need or want to take all the flack that would occur if we did win, the game will be shown in the Buffalo market."

There are maybe 10 teams MAX in this 32 team league that would sellout their stadium for an 0-7 team. Let alone a team that is playing in a market that really doesn't care about it. You can bet your bottom dollar if the Colts squad was playing in Buffalo or the Ravens that the Rogers Centre would be jammed with a waiting list for tickets.

Night Train
11-06-2010, 09:18 AM
If it's near 50 and clear, I'll DVR the game and work in the yard raking and dumping plants.
There is no way I'm passing up a good day outside for these losers. They are only worth 40 minutes of fast forword, if that.

bluerosekiller
11-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Not me Night Train. I'll be right there in front of my HD flatscreen at noon for the pregame show & then for all three hours for the game itself.
I have a strong feeling that this is the game that this will be the Bills first win of the season. And, their first win in the SkyDome ( in REAL games that is ).

But, go ahead & do your thing man. It's all good.
I'm not one of those dudes that gets all worked up when another fan doesn't adhere to what that individual deems the RIGHT way to watch a game. Know what I mean?
I, personally, couldn't deal with not seeing the game live.
It would drive me bananas. Seriously.
But, then again, I'm a much bigger, better fan than you are.
HA! Gotcha! LOL
What I meant to say was that I have some strong OCD issues & to me, not watching a game live would be torturous.
But, the fact that you can do what you do & enjoy it. That's cool & I can deal with you being that sort of fan. Your way is just as valid as mine in my book.

Peace.

mikemac2001
11-06-2010, 09:49 PM
If it's near 50 and clear, I'll DVR the game and work in the yard raking and dumping plants.
There is no way I'm passing up a good day outside for these losers. They are only worth 40 minutes of fast forword, if that.

Good idea

Fair weather gardener and a fair weather fan

G Wolly
11-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Good idea

Fair weather gardener and a fair weather fan

BOOM!

Sick burn!

:poop:

Night Train
11-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Good idea