X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thundering Buffalo
    • Jan 2010

Merriman brings us no LUCK!

Chan I totally respect the fact that the team is playing its heart out for you, unfortunately I think its going to bite us in the a$$. If Merriman goes nuts with the motivation of a big payday and the rest of the defense follows, we will win 3-4 games and we will be ***** out of LUCK. We have to be real bad before we can rebuild and become real good. Gailey has made me a billiever, all I want is for him to get enough talent to tear it up.
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Merriman brings us no LUCK!

not necessarily

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

I see what you did there.

But this thread is stupid.

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

And if Luck decides to not come out of college with the uncertainty of the new CBA, this thread becomes pointless. Same goes for if Merriman came here and didn't produce at all.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Thundering Buffalo
          Chan I totally respect the fact that the team is playing its heart out for you, unfortunately I think its going to bite us in the a$$. If Merriman goes nuts with the motivation of a big payday and the rest of the defense follows, we will win 3-4 games and we will be ***** out of LUCK. We have to be real bad before we can rebuild and become real good. Gailey has made me a billiever, all I want is for him to get enough talent to tear it up.
          If that turns out to be the case, say hello to Cameron Newton our potential next QB. lol Rumor has it the Bills have been scouting him.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Just because we have Merriman does not mean we still won't get the #1 pick. And who really gives a crap about the #1 pick? It's not exactly something to be proud of.

Comment

• Billz_fan
              • Jan 2003

Fans that desire to lose games in order to get a better draft selection are ............. ugh, Let me just say it goes against everything I have ever believed in sport itself and not just football. Perhaps you really don't mean it. Thats about the best I could hope for.

If I thought anyone. Anyone at all in the Bills organization had thoughts of losing games on purpose to get a better draft selection or for any reason. I would immediately disassociate myself from the entire organization and it would probably take some time before I could decide to find another NFL team to follow.

Now I realize we are just fans at this level. I joke about how bad the team is and ***** about them as much as anyone. But not for one moment do I think they are planning to lose or tanking on purpose. I would never root for them to do so either. Never, ever. Every Sunday I want them to win. Screw the draft. I hope they win all the rest of there games this season. I don't think they will but if there is a player or coach on the team that thinks it's ok to lose they need to be gone. Again, I don't think there is. Im sure this is just the desire of a portion of the teams (fans) ?? Not sure if fan is the proper term for someone who wants to lose. Or maybe thats just what happens to fans when the team does lose all the time. It's unfortunate either way.
              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jamze132
                Just because we have Merriman does not mean we still won't get the #1 pick. And who really gives a crap about the #1 pick? It's not exactly something to be proud of.
                Right, the reason you have the #1 pick in the first place is because you have a horrible football team.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

So you really think signing Merriman is going to win us about half of our remaining games?

There's wishful thinking and then there's the above.

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by G Wolly
                    I see what you did there.

But this thread is stupid.
                    Agreed
                    :oldskool:
                    micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• Luisito23
                      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

And then there's idiots...
                      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        So you really think signing Merriman is going to win us about half of our remaining games?

Yeah, I am not sure why a lot of people think this guy is going to turn the defense around. I can't conceivably see how he even plays the rest of the season without getting hurt.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                          • Feb 2010

LOL we could win vs. the Lions and Browns, but don't worry the #1 overall pick is pretty much locked up.
                          "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• zone
                            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            Yeah, I am not sure why a lot of people think this guy is going to turn the defense around. I can't conceivably see how he even plays the rest of the season without getting hurt.
                            The defense made some decent strides last week and pass rush can turn any defense around.
                            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

Andrew Luck is going to set this franchise back God knows how many years. Do not buy the hype.

I say take the guy (Merriman, that is). The whole point of tanking a season is to get as high as you can in the draft so that you're in better position to improve your team. That should NEVER-- and I mean NEVER-- preclude continuing to make moves to improve the team prior to the end of the season. This team has a huge hole at outside linebacker. Maybin is a bust. Kelsay is a walking disaster. This team has virtually zero pash rush. This team needs improvement-- take whatever you can get. You're not going to get a starting OLB of Merriman's caliber in the second or third round of the draft, at least right away. Get a head start, and start filling the holes you can off the waiver wire.
                              Last edited by Johnny Bugmenot; 11-05-2010, 07:30 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X