PDA

View Full Version : LA NFL Stadium

Buffalo Thriller
11-05-2010, 05:53 PM
If an NFL team such as the Bills moved to Los Angeles the stadium could look like..
\http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2422910533_b8b206184d.jpg

That's California for you..

Nighthawk
11-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't know...looks like a modernized version of the Ralph....

Buffalo Thriller
11-05-2010, 05:56 PM
It's a cool stadium. I would just hate for the Bills to go to Cali.

generalmills
11-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Don't you just love Toronto week? The "bills are moving" threads come out in full force.:ignore:

Buffalo Thriller
11-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Don't you just love Toronto week? The "bills are moving" threads come out in full force.:ignore:

The speculation of moving to LA has been posted for a while. I saw this picture on google and posted it. Nothing to do with us in Toronto

Extremebillsfan247
11-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I think the Jaguars are 10 times more likely to move to L.A. than the Bills are. But, nice looking model. lol

Buffalo Thriller
11-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I think the Jaguars are 10 times more likely to move to L.A. than the Bills are. But, nice looking model. lol

Not my model..

Extremebillsfan247
11-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Not my model..I knew that. lol

Extremebillsfan247
11-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Speaking of teams moving to L.A. it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Al Davis were not mulling that over. One of the reasons the Raiders left L.A. to begin with is because they wouldn't build him a new stadium or renovate the one the Raiders were using at the time. He packed up his team and moved back to Oakland. But there was no secret that He loved the L.A. scene.

Buffalo Thriller
11-05-2010, 06:17 PM
He will be dead long before any of that.

Beebe's Kid
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
He will be dead long before any of that.
Al Davis will never die.

G Wolly
11-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Looks like a sunken living room design

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3014/2679102746_5cb01d629d.jpg

Oldbillsfan
11-05-2010, 07:14 PM
If an NFL team such as the Bills moved to Los Angeles the stadium could look like..
\http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2422910533_b8b206184d.jpg

That's California for you..

not enough luxury boxes... isnt that what its all about?

YardRat
11-05-2010, 08:56 PM

imbondz
11-05-2010, 11:06 PM
a friend of mine from LA says they emphatically do not want the Bills to move there. so that's good.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-05-2010, 11:40 PM
a friend of mine from LA says they emphatically do not want the Bills to move there. so that's good.
Well good cause we dont want them there either

BertSquirtgum
11-06-2010, 12:26 AM
What is with all these threads about the Bills moving? They aren't going anywhere. Why can't people get it through their thick skulls.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-06-2010, 07:47 AM
I don't know...looks like a modernized version of the Ralph.... But Taylor says that's not modern enough! And where's the waterfall???

Buffalo Thriller
11-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Where's the bloods and crips?

OpIv37
11-06-2010, 01:42 PM

where have you been? "The Bills are Moving" threads have been a running theme on this website, probably because the Bills are moving.

OpIv37
11-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Where's the bloods and crips?

well, that's the point of the lopsided seating in the stadium. The Bloods and Crips will have to sit together and maybe they'll bond over football and stop killing each other.

It's the only plausible explanation for such a stupid layout.

generalmills
11-06-2010, 03:25 PM
where have you been? "The Bills are Moving" threads have been a running theme on this website, probably because the Bills are moving.

Listen to what you know instead of what you fear.
Richard Bach

OpIv37
11-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Listen to what you know instead of what you fear.
Richard Bach

What I know is that the Bills have one of the NFL's best fan bases, but money isn't made by ticket or merch sales anymore. It's made by TV ratings and luxury boxes- two areas where Buffalo can't compete with the rest of the NFL.

What I know is that both the stadium lease and the Toronto deal expire after the 2012 season, and if you look at the salary cap info, the Bills have very little financial obligations to players beyond that season (ie, financial liabilities are low to make the team attractive to buyers, and there are no binding legal contracts keeping the team in Buffalo after 2012).

What I know is that we have a 90+ year old owner in poor health whose family has no interest in running the team after his death, and couldn't afford it if he passes after the estate tax is reinstated even if they wanted to. So, an ownership change is inevitable.

What I know is that several cities with larger populations and more money than Buffalo- ie, LA and Toronto- have their eyes on NFL teams. LA has a stadium with no team to fill it. People keep mentioning Jacksonville, but Jacksonville has a stadium lease that would be VERY expensive to break, which makes them a far less viable option for moving than Buffalo.

My fear exists precisely because of what I know.

-Brandon-
11-06-2010, 06:43 PM
What is with all these threads about the Bills moving? They aren't going anywhere. Why can't people get it through their thick skulls.

Lottery numbers please?

HAMMER
11-06-2010, 08:43 PM
What I know is that the Bills have one of the NFL's best fan bases, but money isn't made by ticket or merch sales anymore. It's made by TV ratings and luxury boxes- two areas where Buffalo can't compete with the rest of the NFL.

What I know is that both the stadium lease and the Toronto deal expire after the 2012 season, and if you look at the salary cap info, the Bills have very little financial obligations to players beyond that season (ie, financial liabilities are low to make the team attractive to buyers, and there are no binding legal contracts keeping the team in Buffalo after 2012).

What I know is that we have a 90+ year old owner in poor health whose family has no interest in running the team after his death, and couldn't afford it if he passes after the estate tax is reinstated even if they wanted to. So, an ownership change is inevitable.

What I know is that several cities with larger populations and more money than Buffalo- ie, LA and Toronto- have their eyes on NFL teams. LA has a stadium with no team to fill it. People keep mentioning Jacksonville, but Jacksonville has a stadium lease that would be VERY expensive to break, which makes them a far less viable option for moving than Buffalo.

Poor health? What's going on, I hadn't heard.

Buffalo Thriller
11-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Hes 90+ man! He's at the top of his game. Give Ralph another 70 years before youquestion his health.

generalmills
11-06-2010, 10:28 PM

ride it out then?

better days
11-07-2010, 07:11 AM

I think Buffalo has the TV ratings that can compare to all but the BIG cities. If you add in all the Bills fans scattered across this country like myself & many others on this board, Buffalo probably has more subscribers to NFL ticket than any other team, not to mention the sports bars. In Fla at the sports bars the only teams that have as many fans as the Bills are the Bears & Browns.

I think by the time a stadium is built in LA the lease in Jacksonville will not be all that expensive & the Jags moving will not be the black eye for the NFL that the Bills moving would be.

I think a team from in state such as the Chargers, 49'ers or Raiders will move to LA first though, they all have stadium issues & S.D. has had many home games blacked out.

Lone Stranger
11-07-2010, 07:50 AM
I believe that a stadium in LA is quite a reach right now because of the financial condition in Ca. Such an undertaking would undoubtedly require government assistance and they just don't have the money.

I don't hear of any white knight in the background coming to their assistance. We, presumably, have Jim Kelly waiting in the wings.

better days
11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I believe that a stadium in LA is quite a reach right now because of the financial condition in Ca. Such an undertaking would undoubtedly require government assistance and they just don't have the money.

I don't hear of any white knight in the background coming to their assistance. We, presumably, have Jim Kelly waiting in the wings.

That is what I am saying as well. By the time a stadium is built in LA the lease in Jax will be nothing to worry about.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Roski's already on record saying he has the money. The only thing that would stop him is if he's been lying all along.

better days
11-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Roski's already on record saying he has the money. The only thing that would stop him is if he's been lying all along.

He no doubt is lying, or he would have the stadium under construction already. If a 21st century NFL stadium were in place in LA, you can bet some team would be quick to move there, most likely the Chargers.