PDA

View Full Version : Just once... One time will due it for me.

Yasgur's Farm
11-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I want a little Patriot luck... I want a Junior Seau cast-off from the Chargers drop into our lap.

Here's hoping Merriman is that guy... I know I've compared him to Chris Kelsay over the past 4 seasons... But a fella's gotta have a bitta hope don't he? :dancers:

Buffalo Thriller
11-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Merriman to Kelsay? How so?

Yasgur's Farm
11-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Compare stats over the past 4 years... Tackles... Sacks... Passes Defended... Forced Funmbles... Fumbles Recovered.

Anyway, we're off topic.

wozrob11
11-06-2010, 06:50 PM
yeah i think we are due for a little patriot magic.we just have to all pray to the football gods a little extra! he s gonna be a stud lb i can feel it. LIGHTS OUT!!!!!!!

Buffalo Thriller
11-06-2010, 06:51 PM
If we sign him, what would it be.. 3 year deal?

YardRat
11-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm up for a little good luck.

Buffalo Thriller
11-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Or a little Andrew Luck

Ickybaluky
11-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I want a little Patriot luck... I want a Junior Seau cast-off from the Chargers drop into our lap.

Technically, Seau was a cast-off of the Dolphins. He spent 3 years there after leaving San Deigo. If you use Rodney Harrison instead of Seau, it is a better example. Rodney, like Merriman, was released by San Diego after suffering an injury.

Buf if you really want to get to the bottom of the Patriots "luck", it was a QB that came out of nowhere after being taken in the 6th round in 2000. It doesn't get much luckier than that.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Technically, Seau was a cast-off of the Dolphins. He spent 3 years there after leaving San Deigo. If you use Rodney Harrison instead of Seau, it is a better example. Rodney, like Merriman, was released by San Diego after suffering an injury.

Buf if you really want to get to the bottom of the Patriots "luck", it was a QB that came out of nowhere after being taken in the 6th round in 2000. It doesn't get much luckier than that.
Or the cast off coach from Cleveland who they stole from the Jets using some, um, questionable ways.

Oldbillsfan
11-06-2010, 07:57 PM
The Pats have been the luckiest team I have ever seen... Until that Giants receiver caught the pass on his helmet to help them ruin the Pats perfect season. They would have been the greatest team ever.

Buffalo Thriller
11-06-2010, 10:51 PM
The Pats will be the Bills of the AFC in 5 years. (I HOPE!)

better days
11-07-2010, 06:44 AM

I think you can add a HC that looked God awful in Cleveland into the luck of the Pats* as well.

Novacane
11-07-2010, 06:53 AM
I think you can add a HC that looked God awful in Cleveland into the luck of the Pats* as well.

BB gets his balls licked to much. (not saying you were lol) IMO he would not have been much better in NE if it had not been for that lucky 6th round pick. A great QB makes all the difference.

better days
11-07-2010, 07:17 AM
BB gets his balls licked to much. (not saying you were lol) IMO he would not have been much better in NE if it had not been for that lucky 6th round pick. A great QB makes all the difference.

No question a great QB makes all the difference. Many of us have been saying that is what the Bills need rather than draft the O-line 1st as some have suggested.

You have to admit though, BB is a great defensive coach.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Belichick was fine in Cleveland and took them to an 11-5 record in 94.

I still don't get why people think he was a complete failure there.

The 1994 Browns had statistically their best defense in franchise history, a QB in Testaverde who was sacked less than 1 time per game who just couldn't beat the Steelers that year.

The only reason people in Cleveland didn't like him is because he released Kosar.

Ickybaluky
11-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Belichick was fine in Cleveland and took them to an 11-5 record in 94.

I still don't get why people think he was a complete failure there.

The 1994 Browns had statistically their best defense in franchise history, a QB in Testaverde who was sacked less than 1 time per game who just couldn't beat the Steelers that year.

The only reason people in Cleveland didn't like him is because he released Kosar.

I also think people forget the quality coaches and execs Belichick brought in around him in Cleveland. Ozzie Newsome, Nick Saban, Scott Pioli, Pat Hill, Jim Schwartz, Kirk Ferentz. The list goes on and on, that staff has gone on to incredible success all over the place, and if Art Modell hadn't blown the whole thing up by moving the team to Baltimore, they would have been a successful team for a long time.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I also think people forget the quality coaches and execs Belichick brought in around him in Cleveland. Ozzie Newsome, Nick Saban, Scott Pioli, Pat Hill, Jim Schwartz, Kirk Ferentz. The list goes on and on, that staff has gone on to incredible success all over the place, and if Art Modell hadn't blown the whole thing up by moving the team to Baltimore, they would have been a successful team for a long time.

Cleveland would have likely ended up being the dynasty New England ended up being.

Mangini was his ball boy basically in Cleveland. :rofl:

Beebe's Kid
11-07-2010, 09:32 AM

Dude...there has not been any team with the constant success that NE has had over the past decade. I don't don't BB, either, but I have to admit that I don't like him purely based upon the fact that he kicks our asses, and they win.

He has lost player after player, coach after coach, and he just plug and plays. Cassell will never forget what he did for him!!

They did get "lucky" with Brady, but every other team in the league had the same chance, and passed. They also had a pretty good QB at the time, a guy named Bledsoe. Bledsoe had taken the Pats to the Super Bowl already, under Parcells, and they were a good team.

The Hoodie stepped in, and built a dynasty.

I ****ing hate the Pats, but I hate them because they kill us. They make us look stupid year in and year out, and they continue to have success. They are cocky, and can back it up...like we used to be, when they were a joke. They have a lot of fair-weather fans now, but I have nothing but respect for the guys that were rooting for Mosi Tatupu, and that were praying for Leonard Russell to deliver them.

We are due...I know we've been saying that for a long, long time, but I see light at the end of the tunnel, and I don't think it's a train this time.