PDA

View Full Version : Postgame comments (Leafs)

OpIv37
11-06-2010, 09:23 PM
-Toronto outplayed Buffalo for 50+ minutes and we had no business winning this game, plus I ****ing HATE giving up the free point to division/conf rivals by going to OT. But, a win's a win and I'll take anything to stop the bleeding. It was nice to see a Buffalo team snatch victory from the jaws of defeat instead of the other way around.

-This is the 2nd time this season that pulling the goalie has led to a last-second tying goal.

-Grier is talented and smart but age has caught up with him. I feel bad for him.

-Did Pominville play the 2nd period? I completely forgot he was back for about 25 minutes of playing time.

-Myers seems to be coming into his own, finally.

-I'm not sold on Enroth yet, but he showed some promise, particularly in the shootout.

-Why was Roy moving in slow motion on his shootout attempt?

-To give credit where credit is due, Roy's goal in regulation was spectacular.

-Vanek sucks. So does Timmay.

-If Clarke MacArthur could score, it would have been 6-1 at the end of regulation.

-Mike Brown took two stupid penalties.

JD
11-06-2010, 09:40 PM
-Toronto outplayed Buffalo for 50+ minutes and we had no business winning this game, plus I ****ing HATE giving up the free point to division/conf rivals by going to OT. But, a win's a win and I'll take anything to stop the bleeding. It was nice to see a Buffalo team snatch victory from the jaws of defeat instead of the other way around.

Not sure I agree with the 50 minutes part.. did you only watch a period? I'd say it was even. Plus, did you know they played yesterday? They looked quick to me.

-This is the 2nd time this season that pulling the goalie has led to a last-second tying goal.

-Grier is talented and smart but age has caught up with him. I feel bad for him.

Haven't noticed it.

-Did Pominville play the 2nd period? I completely forgot he was back for about 25 minutes of playing time.

Did connolly play at all until the shootout?

I actually thought he was holding onto the puck too long as usual, picking garbage shot lanes. But I did like his passes better as well as his rushes into their zone. When he dumped the puck in with 40 seconds to go after his teammates had put fresh guys on the ice, i wanted to smash my tv. He dumps it because HE has to change? what the **** kinda garbage is that you gargantuan ****?? So lucky the leafs didn't score I would have been anti-myers the rest of this season :cas:

-I'm not sold on Enroth yet, but he showed some promise, particularly in the shootout.

Agreed, Lalime has his moments but Enroth was RIDICULOUS with some of those one on one saves, especially on Kessel..INSANE!

-Why was Roy moving in slow motion on his shootout attempt?

His ass was still in pain from Stafford between periods?

-To give credit where credit is due, Roy's goal in regulation was spectacular.

He's still :limp:

Timmy is a ****ing clown. I still like Vanek, when he's not playing like a lackluster Miro Satan...which is about every other game.

-If Clarke MacArthur could score, it would have been 6-1 at the end of regulation.

If Vanek could score, he might have a hat-trick in back to back games.

Who dat?

OpIv37
11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
I watched the whole game and I thought the Sabres were outplayed for most of the game- definitely the first period. I've never seen a team so incompetent at getting the team out of their own zone as the Sabres were early in the game.

And the power plays were just horrendous again.

Anyway, I don't want to complain too much about a win. Good teams find ways to win games that they should lose, and while it would be stupid to call the Sabres a good team after how they've played so far this season, this was certainly an encouraging sign.

hydro
11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
I couldn't even finish the first point. Seriously we gave away a point to a division rival? We STOLE one point, plain and simple. We stole a point tonight. Just like you stated right at the beginning, we didn't deserve to win the game. That means we STOLE it.

JD
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I couldn't even finish the first point. Seriously we gave away a point to a division rival? We STOLE one point, plain and simple. We stole a point tonight. Just like you stated right at the beginning, we didn't deserve to win the game. That means we STOLE it.
Coming off a game last night.. battling back on the road.. winning it in a shootout WITH YOUR 3RD STRING GOALTENDER

Can't be too pissed off about that.

mchurchfie
11-07-2010, 02:44 AM
A win is a win, I actually thought that they skated better tonight than they have all year. It was a pretty fast paced game. The shootout opitimized what is wrong with this team. Connolly and Roy let us down like usual when it really counts because they are big pussys. The rookie Ennis (the best player this year so far) took charge and won the game.

Novacane
11-07-2010, 06:37 AM
A win is a win, I actually thought that they skated better tonight than they have all year. It was a pretty fast paced game. The shootout opitimized what is wrong with this team. Connolly and Roy let us down like usual when it really counts because they are big pussys. The rookie Ennis (the best player this year so far) took charge and won the game.

We're lucky the shootout got to Ennis. He should have been in the first 3. Ruff is a ******!

SabreEleven
11-07-2010, 09:40 AM
The Leafs suck too...

Ebenezer
11-07-2010, 10:01 AM
The Leafs suck too...
Neither team played well in the first two periods and to hear Leafs fans at the game their team is in a world of trouble. They thought the 3rd was the worst period the Leafs played all year....and to hear some Leafs fans afterward? "We should have won - gave that one away". They have their share of Op's too.

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 11:18 AM

Sorry, OP...Hydro is right...we stole a point. This team just is a mess and stealing anything at this point is a huge help.

SkateZilla
11-07-2010, 11:59 AM
-Myers still skates like he has no edge, everytime he turns he slips and its causing giveways.

-Enroth looked good most of the game, made some saves on alot of Shorthanded breakaways.

-Our power play is pathetic, can we start declining penalties?

G Wolly
11-07-2010, 12:41 PM

He's still not playing well this season. But at least he's throwing down some nice hits.

You only decided this last night?

I don't understand the point here.

OpIv37
11-08-2010, 08:07 AM

Sorry, OP...Hydro is right...we stole a point. This team just is a mess and stealing anything at this point is a huge help.

If you don't play like **** for 50+ minutes, you don't have to steal a point at the end. Given how the game went, yes, we stole a point, but ideally we should be able to outplay a team like Toronto in regulation and take 2 points while giving them 0.