PDA

View Full Version : Justin Blackmon

psubills62
11-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Man, this kid is good. Any word on when he'll enter the draft, DB?

Not only does he put up the monster stats (never had a game this year with fewer than 125 yards, and never had a game where he didn't score a TD??), but he looks physically imposing as well. Looks just like how an NFL receiver should look.

SaviorEdwards
11-06-2010, 11:57 PM
I agree, everyone talks about Broyles from OU but Blackmon is a beast....Okie St. has been finding some gems!!!!

DraftBoy
11-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Nothing really right now, the big concern with him is route running. He doesnt show much versatility in his routes and his breaks are lazy and rounded. He is getting by on athletic ability and incredible hands. In the NFL that gap will be much narrower and he needs his routes to get better.

psubills62
11-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Nothing really right now, the big concern with him is route running. He doesnt show much versatility in his routes and his breaks are lazy and rounded. He is getting by on athletic ability and incredible hands. In the NFL that gap will be much narrower and he needs his routes to get better.

Fair enough. It sounds as though if he has the work ethic, his main flaws can easily be coached up. He certainly isn't lacking in the athletic talent.

billsfanryan
11-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I was just looking for a thread on this guy. I wanted to hear what DB had to say about him. Is there a possibility he comes out this year? How much would staying another season and working on his game and strength help him? He appears to be a beast of a player already.

He really caught my attention this past weekend in the Oklahoma game. Dude was no where near 100% and still managed to score against Oklahoma.

X-Era
11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
I was just looking for a thread on this guy. I wanted to hear what DB had to say about him. Is there a possibility he comes out this year? How much would staying another season and working on his game and strength help him? He appears to be a beast of a player already.

He really caught my attention this past weekend in the Oklahoma game. Dude was no where near 100% and still managed to score against Oklahoma.I don't have a profile for him, I'm pretty sure he's a true sophomore and not eligible.

billsfanryan
11-30-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't have a profile for him, I'm pretty sure he's a true sophomore and not eligible.

Which they probably talked about during the game saturday night, but i was passing out cause i had the vomit/diarrhea deal going on.

X-Era
11-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Apparently he red-shirted in 08, so he is a red-shirt sophomore and draft eligible... like Luck.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/22092/justin-blackmon-crashes-kipers-big-board

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/blackmon_justin00.html