PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Canadians cheering for the away team again

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Main reason I can't go to these TO games. I would get into about 5 fights.

Luisito23
11-07-2010, 01:13 PM
They are idiots, but please tell me what do they have to cheer about so far...Don't worry I'll wait.

Crisis
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
is there anyone cheering????

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
They are idiots, but please tell me what do they have to cheer about so far...Don't worry I'll wait.
When the Bills are on Defense you make noise.
When the other team gets a first down and a Touchdown you don't cheer for that.

Didn't think these very basic points needed to be explained but apparently you didn't know. Hope this helped....

YardRat
11-07-2010, 01:26 PM
They aren't Bills fans, thurm.

Luisito23
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Didn't think these very basic points needed to be explained but apparently you didn't know.

I knew, but apparently you didn't know we weren't playing in Buffalo...Hope this helped.

Extremebillsfan247
11-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Main reason I can't go to these TO games. I would get into about 5 fights.Maybe its their way of protesting the Bills in Toronto.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I knew, but apparently you didn't know we weren't playing in Buffalo...Hope this helped.
Right which is why I alluded to Canadians.

It is a home game for the Bills sir.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 01:30 PM
They aren't Bills fans, thurm.
Then stop trying to steal more of our games...

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 02:09 PM
The Canadians are just proving why they don't deserve a NFL team or will never get an NFL team.

Ebenezer
11-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Saw a lot of Chicago shirts and hats last night while walking around Toronto.

psubills62
11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Seriously...if we played half our home games at Toronto, we'd be one of the first teams to play 12 away games in the season.

Canadian'eh!
11-07-2010, 02:38 PM

And get your ass kicked 6 times somehow.

We Canadians are saving our voices for when the team actually moves to TO fulltime in a couple years.

X-Era
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Canadians cheering for the Bears... nice home game... :lol:

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
This is an absolute embarrassment of a game by the Toronto people.

Billz_fan
11-07-2010, 02:42 PM
This is not a Bills crowd, they are cheering for the bears. Nice.

X-Era
11-07-2010, 02:44 PM
This is an absolute embarrassment of a game by the Toronto people.Great reason to ditch the contract with our "friends" from Toronto.

I predict a win which will make me happy when it makes the "home" crowd sad.

Canadian'eh!
11-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Ditch the contract? LOL... it'll be 4 home games there next, then 8.

X-Era
11-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Ditch the contract? LOL... it'll be 4 home games there next, then 8.What's funny is how wrong you are. The existing contract will disappear, Ralph will pass in that time and Kelly's group will prevent us from ever playing there again... which will make the real Bills fans happy.

Canadian'eh!
11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
What's funny is how wrong you are. The existing contract will disappear, Ralph will pass in that time and Kelly's group will prevent us from ever playing there again... which will make the real Bills fans happy.

Keep believing that. it'll be funnier if you cry when they go.

X-Era
11-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Keep believing that. it'll be funnier if you cry when they go.Actually, I think it's likely that the NFL grants the Rogers group many different teams (a.l.a. London) during the regular season. It's apparent that the Bills aren't "their" team by any means. That will help make Toronto happy and let us stop lending our team to them for another away game.

topher180
11-07-2010, 02:50 PM

I doubt very much you are a tough buy, but okay.

Dude there are a lot of Bears fans there. To suggest Canadians have this innate beef against the Bills and they are just blatantly rooting against them is a bit of a reach.

Luisito23
11-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Canadians don't deserve the Bills!!!

Canadian'eh!
11-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I actually agree it won't be TO that gets the Bills. They don't have a proper stadium. But I still believe they are moving to another city... LA or maybe San Antonio.

Maybe Jim comes through... but i have doubts it comes to fruition.

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I actually agree it won't be TO that gets the Bills. They don't have a proper stadium. But I still believe they are moving to another city... LA or maybe San Antonio.

Maybe Jim comes through... but i have doubts it comes to fruition.

You might be the most ignorant poster on here and that is saying something.

ParanoidAndroid
11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
If you can't even get enough support to outnumber the away team's fans, then why bother?

Billz_fan
11-07-2010, 03:08 PM
If you can't even get enough support to outnumber the away team's fans, then why bother?

Because even at this age the old fart still wants to line his pockets. He has no doubt napped through most of the game itself.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I doubt very much you are a tough buy, but okay.

Dude there are a lot of Bears fans there. To suggest Canadians have this innate beef against the Bills and they are just blatantly rooting against them is a bit of a reach.
Oh I am not a tough guy at all, but I do have a fat mouth and can't stand for cheering against the Bills. Let me re phrase, "I would have gotten my ass kicked 5 times"

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Although I most certainly am suggesting that many Canadians root against the Bills just to be bastards. I see it at the Ralph EVERY home game. Canadians dressed in the jerseys of the other teams but don't really even care about the other team. Just being douches.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
You might be the most ignorant poster on here and that is saying something.
I don't really think he was out of line with his post... :ill:

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I don't really think he was out of line with his post... :ill:

Then you didn't read all of his posts...

Cleve
11-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Because even at this age the old fart still wants to line his pockets. He has no doubt napped through most of the game itself.

Did you see? Wilson was there - and he looks OLD, people. He's aged tremendously in the last 3 years.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Then you didn't read all of his posts...
I didn't... :(

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Did you see? Wilson was there - and he looks OLD, people. He's aged tremendously in the last 3 years.
He looked like he was talking to hisself and drooling all over the place....

Extremebillsfan247
11-07-2010, 05:22 PM
The Toronto project has to end. Ralph should be embarrassed by what he saw there today but it probably didn't even register with him. It was like a home game for Chicago. Even if we would have won that game, seeing the fans cheering on the Bears was sickening to watch. JMO

Ebenezer
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
The real bottom line?? If Rogers Communications made money with its corporate partners then it is a success and will continue.

mightysimi
11-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Tons of the Bills fans complaining about the lack of Bills fans in Toronto from in front of their TV. No need to take the drive north. Just sit back and complain that they don't get their home game.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Tons of the Bills fans complaining about the lack of Bills fans in Toronto from in front of their TV. No need to take the drive north. Just sit back and complain that they don't get their home game.
Hey check it out it is doesn't get the point guy!!!!

I specifically boycott all Bills home games in Toronto. I am going to an away game in Cincy instead..

Extremebillsfan247
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Tons of the Bills fans complaining about the lack of Bills fans in Toronto from in front of their TV. No need to take the drive north. Just sit back and complain that they don't get their home game. I'm sure they might if it were called the Toronto Bills, and there were never a team in Buffalo. But it isn't, it's the Buffalo Bills, and as long as it remains with that title, good luck on selling that notion. It isn't happening. This was a greedy owners decision, not the fans who have been filling his stadium all these years. Quit trying to blame the true Bills fans for that crap.

LtFinFan66
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
When the Bills are on Defense you make noise.
When the other team gets a first down and a Touchdown you don't cheer for that.

Didn't think these very basic points needed to be explained but apparently you didn't know. Hope this helped....like others said....they probably aren't Bills fans at all

X-Era
11-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Check this out:

"Even their supposed "home" crowd was against them, as there was a large and loud contingent of blue and orange clad Bears fans in the stands. A banner hung from the upper-deck facade that read: "Ditka 4 Prime Minister.""It seemed like it was close to 50-50 out there," Gailey said. "That's our responsibility. We've got to play better so that these people become Bills fans, and we fill it with Bills people.""

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301107002

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Why does this surprise you people? You refuse to support the game, so fans of other teams buy most of the tickets, then you ***** and complain when it's a mixed crowd.

There are Bills fans in Toronto, yes, but there are also many fans of many other teams.
If you want to blame anyone, blame Ralph Wilson.

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Why does this surprise you people? You refuse to support the game, so fans of other teams buy most of the tickets, then you ***** and complain when it's a mixed crowd.

There are Bills fans in Toronto, yes, but there are also many fans of many other teams.
If you want to blame anyone, blame Ralph Wilson.

Doesn't surprise anybody...everybody knows that Toronto is a terrible sports city. This just basically proves it. Not just them not supporting the Bills, but the fact that they can't even sell out that rinky-dink stadium.

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Doesn't surprise anybody...everybody knows that Toronto is a terrible sports city. This just basically proves it. Not just them not supporting the Bills, but the fact that they can't even sell out that rinky-dink stadium.

Have you seen the ticket prices? Why would people in Toronto want to pay those prices to watch an 0-8 team when they can travel to Buffalo for less money?

How does not selling out a home game for the crappy Bills make them a terrible sports city?

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Have you seen the ticket prices? Why would people in Toronto want to pay those prices to watch an 0-8 team when they can travel to Buffalo for less money?

How does not selling out a home game for the crappy Bills make them a terrible sports city?

They ARE a terrible sports city...the only team they support are the Leafs...that is a fact. The Raptors are barely supported and the Jays never sell out any games. It's been proven time and time again that Toronto is a fad city and only support the "it" thing at that time. This cannot be argued.

Bill Cody
11-07-2010, 07:08 PM
We Canadians are saving our voices for when the team actually moves to TO fulltime in a couple years.

wow does that ever sound :limp:

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM
They ARE a terrible sports city...the only team they support are the Leafs...that is a fact. The Raptors are barely supported and the Jays never sell out any games. It's been proven time and time again that Toronto is a fad city and only support the "it" thing at that time. This cannot be argued.

Toronto is like most other sports cities. They support the teams when they are winning. The Jays set attendance records in the late 80s and early to mid 90s when they were winning.

The Raptors are the same way.

spacecowboy
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
As a Canadian Bills fan I have no interest in seeing them play in Toronto.Tickets are a rip off. The "Tailgate" is a corporate event for Budweiser. I am not sure if you have ever been too a football game at Rogers Center, but it blows, if your in the 100 level, it feels like your 50 yards from the field, and I prefer to watch football outside(when I go to the game). The Bills should share some of the blame here as well, the team 0-8, doesn't exactly make me wanna go throw down $450 for lower bowl seats. They also have 0 presence in southern Ontario, other then these games. No radio stations or Tv give them any extra coverage. Blackout games because the can't sell out in Buffalo either, for less then half the ticket price. There are tons of reasons why this market isn't embracing the Bills, and really, everyone in Buffalo should be happy. What do you think would happen if it were huge success?

mightysimi
11-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm sure they might if it were called the Toronto Bills, and there were never a team in Buffalo. But it isn't, it's the Buffalo Bills, and as long as it remains with that title, good luck on selling that notion. It isn't happening. This was a greedy owners decision, not the fans who have been filling his stadium all these years. Quit trying to blame the true Bills fans for that crap.

I'm not trying to blame true Bills fans as you call it. However, I live on the other side of the country and if the Bills were playing within 2 hours of where I live, I would be there as a true Bills fan. You can call it a greedy owner's decision but I bet that that 78 million dollars is keeping the costs down for you true Bills fans. If the tickets were on par with most of the league, lets see how quickly they sell out.

I don't want to see the Bills move, I want them to be there in Buffalo. However, Buffalo is not a rich market with lots of rich people. The cost of the game is rising. If you don't see that you need the Toronto market for the long term viability in Buffalo, you are blind.

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Keep believing that. it'll be funnier if you cry when they go.
i hate canadians. bunch of ******s wearing hockey jerseys at a football game. the bills are never moving to canada. today's game just cemented it.

THATHURMANATOR
11-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Giving up additional games at Ralph Wilson Stadium would obviously not be popular with Bills fans in Western New York. How much would it mean to fans in Toronto? Sunday, it was hard to tell.

Torontonians living outside the immediate Rogers Centre area might not even have known that a game was going on. Little evidence was on display before the game along Yonge Street.

Inside, Bears jerseys greatly outnumbered Bills jerseys in the stands. One unofficial count of two sections just 10 minutes before the kickoff showed 85 fans in jerseys of other NFL teams and just 25 in the Bills' red, white and blue.

"It's just different," said Bills fan Pat McGrath, who traveled from -- of all places, Peoria, Ill. -- to see Sunday's game. "I understand the regionalization of the franchise and all that, but the games aren't the same [as they are at Ralph Wilson Stadium.]"

Despite the outcome on the field, McGrath had a winning weekend. He and his fiancee, Kelly Hurt, got engaged at Niagara Falls on Friday night.

"It would be a nice way to end the weekend if the Bills could win," McGrath said before the kickoff.

That didn't happen, as the Bears scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 2-yard pass from Jay Cutler to Earl Bennett in the fourth quarter and intercepted passes by Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick twice in the fourth quarter to earn the victory.

That set off large cheers among the Bears' faithful in the crowd announced at 50,746. That number seemed overly generous, as the upper deck of the stadium was roughly one-third empty.

There was speculation in the Toronto media that about 36,000 tickets had been sold for the game. The rest of the fans would thus be accounted for on tickets distributed by Rogers Communications, the Bills' Canadian business partner.

By losing to the Bears, the Bills' record dropped to 0-8. Afterward, several players admitted the obvious: Playing in Rogers Centre is far from replicating the feeling of being in Orchard Park.

"Guys don't expect for it to be the same type of environment," Bills safety George Wilson said. "We don't have that 12th man when we're playing up here, but I understand the business side. We're trying to globalize our sport.

"At the end of the day, we have to play where they tell us to play," he added. "It just seems like the timing of the Toronto game is always at a tough time in the season. Right now, we needed a win."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article245394.ece

Michael82
11-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Is this better, Thurm? :rolleyes:

Dude put them on Ebay or stubhub. I guarantee a Stillers fan will eat them up. Stadium is going to be Pittsburgh north.

Cleve
11-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Every time one of these "OMG - Kelly's is buying teh teams - hooray!" articles appear, that old song "High Hopes" should play
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XR14hsxNbm0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

justasportsfan
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think a lot of Bills fans were there. A lot of people who were just watching a football game and wanting to see plays made regardless of team.

THATHURMANATOR
11-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Is this better, Thurm? :rolleyes:
Just trying to help a brother out Michael. Pittsburgh games are anomolies and like that in many stadiums throughout the country when the Stillers are in town.

ddaryl
11-08-2010, 12:51 PM
If the Bills do end up moving to Toronto, or even if they get a few more home games in Toronto I would be more then willing to join in on a "beat a Canadian silly" day.

jaybo_05
11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
If the Bills do end up moving to Toronto, or even if they get a few more home games in Toronto I would be more then willing to join in on a "beat a Canadian silly" day.

Look folks, this is not complicated.

I am a Canadian, and a Bills season ticket holder. I refuse to go to games in Toronto because I hate the entire Bills in TO concept. Whether it's one game, two games, four games, I hate it. At every single Bills home game there are roughly 10,000 Canadians who, like me, have season tickets and feel the EXACT SAME WAY. Without us a lot of home games would not sell out, and just because we live on the other side of the boarder that does not make us incapable of being equally die hard.

Generally speaking, the people who attend these games in Toronto are NOT Bills fans. They are fans of the NFL or another NFL team. That is the simple reality of it. If you lived in Toronto and made 100k/year and someone came to you and said would you like to attend an NFL game in your city for $200? You might say yes too. And I'm sure you would not feel some sort of inexplicable obligation to say no because you don't feel the team belongs to you. People in Toronto owe nothing to the people of Buffalo, so don't expect them to stay home to do us (Bills fans) a favor. If you want to get mad at anyone get made at Wilson for going after their money. This deal makes him and the Bills about 40 million additional dollars over 5 years. Whether the team actually needs that money is the only logical debate worth having here.

If you conclude that they don't then direct your anger at Wilson. If you conclude that they do then you have to accept the unfortunate reality that this team cannot survive in the modern day NFL on the Western NY economy alone.

That's it! Those are only things worth arguing about here. Stop jumping to ridiculous conclusions that all Canadians are idiots and Buffalo-haters. People in TO have no emotional attachment to the Bills, but they do have a lot of money and some people (Ralph and the NFL) want it. That is the reality! When you try and make reality into something it is not you become insane.

Kenny
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Generally speaking, the people who attend these games in Toronto are NOT Bills fans. They are fans of the NFL or another NFL team. That is the simple reality of it.

Agreed...

This isnt the Toronto Bills, -it's the Buffalo Bills. I think you'd be ******ed if you thought that a FOREIGN team, and one is a perennial loser, and coming in at 0-7 would be cheered for by another crowd.
As jaybo_05 said... why should Toronto football fans be emotionally attached to the Bills?

Look at it this way. Buffalo doesnt have a pro baseball team. If the KC Royals came over to Buffalo for a 'home' game vs. the Yankees or Red Sox, who the hell do you think would get most of the cheers?

This was a showcase of the NFL game, -not for the Bills.

SABURZFAN
11-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Great reason to ditch the contract with our "friends" from Toronto.

not if it's taking money out of The Old Fart's pocket. i'm sure he has an extension lined up to put more money in his pockets.

better days
11-08-2010, 04:47 PM

Well, they do support the Leafs, but that is about it.

better days
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Agreed...

This isnt the Toronto Bills, -it's the Buffalo Bills. I think you'd be ******ed if you thought that a FOREIGN team, and one is a perennial loser, and coming in at 0-7 would be cheered for by another crowd.
As jaybo_05 said... why should Toronto football fans be emotionally attached to the Bills?

Look at it this way. Buffalo doesnt have a pro baseball team. If the KC Royals came over to Buffalo for a 'home' game vs. the Yankees or Red Sox, who the hell do you think would get most of the cheers?

This was a showcase of the NFL game, -not for the Bills.

Don't you think Blue Jays would have been more appropriate than Royals?

better days
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM

Much like LA, but substitute The Trojens for the Leafs.

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
The article below from Yahoo today pretty much says what I've been saying about Toronto...it is a "what's hot" type of city...no passion if it has anything to do with any other team then the Leafs. The funny thing is that these Bills games in Toronto are showing the NFL that TO is not a good sports town.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkMvTMY4eJk.Xq_gzlWmvnhDubYF?slug=nc-billstoronto110710

Kenny
11-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Don't you think Blue Jays would have been more appropriate than Royals?

nope... Jays were at least somewhat competitive, and in a much tougher division.

I still dont understand what the big deal is. Ralph got his money.
Did you really expect to have people from a different city to be emotionally attached to a team which didnt belong to them? Seriously?

better days
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
nope... Jays were at least somewhat competitive, and in a much tougher division.

I still dont understand what the big deal is. Ralph got his money.
Did you really expect to have people from a different city to be emotionally attached to a team which didnt belong to them? Seriously?

The point is they play in Toronto. Ying/Yang, you don't get that? And talk about tough divisions the Bills play in a very tough division & they were competitive as well.

Kenny
11-09-2010, 06:30 AM
The point is they play in Toronto. Ying/Yang, you don't get that? And talk about tough divisions the Bills play in a very tough division & they were competitive as well.

Nope... I dont get it. There may be some Bills fans in Toronto, -but if you think one city is going to embrace another city's team, then youre wrong.
And the whole Jays/Royals things... The Royals are one of the worst teams in the league and have been pretty non-competitive for a long time, -much like a certain football team we all love.

better days
11-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Nope... I dont get it. There may be some Bills fans in Toronto, -but if you think one city is going to embrace another city's team, then youre wrong.
And the whole Jays/Royals things... The Royals are one of the worst teams in the league and have been pretty non-competitive for a long time, -much like a certain football team we all love.

I never said one city is going to embrace anothers team, I agree with you. I am just saying you should compare teams to the two cities involved & not bring in a 3rd city that has nothing to do with anything. The Jays are as noncompetitive as the Bills & have not competed for the AL East in YEARS.

djjimkelly
11-09-2010, 08:27 AM

u need to stop calling a culture idiots i take massive offense to a comment like this

a blanket statement like this is idiotic

im as big a bills fan as there is and im Canadian

and to the idiot point when im called an idiot because im Canadian

ill point out i have 2 degrees im a licensed stock broker , a real estate agent, and have my mortgage brokers license , apparently im a total ******!

so enough is enough u may as well call out black people too

i havent gone to a game here because the tickets cost way too much and the team is junk right now. but believe me southern ontario is full of bills fans.

THATHURMANATOR
11-09-2010, 08:56 AM
u need to stop calling a culture idiots i take massive offense to a comment like this

ill point out i have 2 degrees im a licensed stock broker , a real estate agent, and have my mortgage brokers license , apparently im a total ******!

i havent gone to a game here because the tickets cost way too much and the team is junk right now. but believe me southern ontario is full of bills fans.
There was a Majority of Canadians at the Stadium rooting against the Bills. They were idiots. I am stating Facts. Don't be so sensitive. When I say idiot I mean it more as Bastards than mentally challenged people. Sorry I hurt your feelings... :(

I have mad respect for hardcore Canadian Bills fans like yourself.

Kenny
11-09-2010, 10:51 AM
IThe Jays are as noncompetitive as the Bills & have not competed for the AL East in YEARS.

Im not sure how much baseball you watch, -but if you think the Jays are a better example then the Royals then you're wrong. At least the Jays are around .500 or above each year. The Royals are the bottom of the barrel in MLB.

hydro
11-09-2010, 11:07 AM
There was a Majority of Canadians at the Stadium rooting against the Bills. They were idiots. I am stating Facts. Don't be so sensitive. When I say idiot I mean it more as Bastards than mentally challenged people. Sorry I hurt your feelings... :(

I have mad respect for hardcore Canadian Bills fans like yourself.

I think that was just a roid rage.

chernobylwraiths
11-09-2010, 11:24 AM
wow, just doing the numbers:

Buffalo 2000 - 2009 66 wins .4125 winning percentage
Blue Jays 2000-2009 805 wins .4972 winning percentage
Royals 2000-2009 672 wins .4148 winning percentage

it's apples and oranges though

better days
11-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Im not sure how much baseball you watch, -but if you think the Jays are a better example then the Royals then you're wrong. At least the Jays are around .500 or above each year. The Royals are the bottom of the barrel in MLB.

The Jays are a better example BECAUSE THEY PLAY IN TORONTO. The Bills are not going to K.C. to play games, unless it is against the HOME TEAM Chiefs.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2010, 11:58 AM
OK, use the Jays as an example. Do you think if the Jays played a home series in Buffalo, the stadium would be packed with Jays fans? I doubt it.

better days
11-09-2010, 12:32 PM
OK, use the Jays as an example. Do you think if the Jays played a home series in Buffalo, the stadium would be packed with Jays fans? I doubt it.

No I don't think the Jays would be supported in Buffalo, unless there was hope they could move to Buffalo. I am just saying compare the Buffalo/Toronto without bringing in a third city.

Beebe's Kid
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!!!

Easy, Francis.

There is nothing wrong with Canadians. It is a little bit of joke...but you proved how awesome you are!!! It is clear that, in all of your amazing awesomeness, that you have no time for punctuation, capital letters, or spelling long words like "you."

I guess that at the end of the day, your most redeeming qualities are that you are Canadian, and a Bills fan.

Come of of the tower, bring your degrees with you, and feel the love!!!

Kenny
11-09-2010, 01:32 PM
The Jays are a better example BECAUSE THEY PLAY IN TORONTO. The Bills are not going to K.C. to play games, unless it is against the HOME TEAM Chiefs.

The reason I used the Royals rather then the Jays is because of the Bills' 0-8 record!!!
As bad as the Jays are, -they've done better then the Royals.

The reason the Bears, or which ever team that plays in Toronto with a winning record will get more cheers then the Bills is because the Bills are 0-8... get it?

If I was going to liken the play and winning record (or lack thereof) of the Bills to a baseball team, it certainly wouldnt be to a team with a 500 or better record.
The Bills are one of the worst or the worst teams in the league. The Royals are in the same boat in baseball (you can argue that the Jays arent any good either, but they're leagues ahead of the Royals).

All Im saying is that when a winless team (and one that's the worst in the league) comes into a foreign city... you CANT expect to be favored!!!

better days
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
The reason I used the Royals rather then the Jays is because of the Bills' 0-8 record!!!
As bad as the Jays are, -they've done better then the Royals.

The reason the Bears, or which ever team that plays in Toronto with a winning record will get more cheers then the Bills is because the Bills are 0-8... get it?

If I was going to liken the play and winning record (or lack thereof) of the Bills to a baseball team, it certainly wouldnt be to a team with a 500 or better record.
The Bills are one of the worst or the worst teams in the league. The Royals are in the same boat in baseball (you can argue that the Jays arent any good either, but they're leagues ahead of the Royals).

All Im saying is that when a winless team (and one that's the worst in the league) comes into a foreign city... you CANT expect to be favored!!!

Well the Bills were not 0-8 previous years & still did not get support then, in fact when the Dolphins played them in Toronto, it looked like a home game for the Fins.

Kenny
11-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Well the Bills were not 0-8 previous years & still did not get support then, in fact when the Dolphins played them in Toronto, it looked like a home game for the Fins.

no, you`re right. The Bills were playoff contenders with an impressive 3-7 record going into that game.

better days
11-10-2010, 07:00 AM
no, you`re right. The Bills were playoff contenders with an impressive 3-7 record going into that game.

About as good as the Jays.

Kenny
11-10-2010, 09:45 AM
About as good as the Jays.

you're right... 3-7 is pretty much .500

/sarcasm

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2010, 09:50 AM
people from toronto are all **** sucking *******s

better days
11-10-2010, 11:51 AM
you're right... 3-7 is pretty much .500

/sarcasm

The Bills have been pretty much .500 team under Jauron. It would not have mattered if the Bills were 7-3 before that game, it still would have looked like a Dolphins home game.

Kenny
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
The Bills have been pretty much .500 team under Jauron. It would not have mattered if the Bills were 7-3 before that game, it still would have looked like a Dolphins home game.

Im pretty sure a winning team would have brought in more fans. There's no way you'll see a foreign fanbase support a losing team that they have no attachment to.

And other then that one season where we finished 9-7, we havent finished at or anywhere near .500.
A 6-10 season, a few 7-9 seasons (where we've won meaningless games at the end of the season which killed our drafts), a 6-10 season, and now 0-8 season...

Bring a winning team and you'll get fans from outside your city.

Cleve
11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Let's put this into perspective.

Time Warner Communications, the primary internet and cable tv provider for a large chunk of Western and Central NY, gives an $80,000,000 sweetheart deal to a Canadian sports team - to come to WNY and play 1 to 2 games per season. Let's also say this Canadian team is one of the worst teams in the league. The deal appears to be a money losing proposition for Time Warner, in fact they lose millions of dollars the first two years.

At the same time, cable and internet costs for consumers in WNY keep going up and up, while Time Warner is spending money on questionable ventures like bringing an unsuccessful Canadian sports team to play one or two games a year in Buffalo.

It wouldn't surprise me that the Canadian team might be met with animosity or apathy from the area residents in Western NY.

Might this reverse perspective explain the less than loving reaction thus far to the "Toronto" Bills?

better days
11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Im pretty sure a winning team would have brought in more fans. There's no way you'll see a foreign fanbase support a losing team that they have no attachment to.

And other then that one season where we finished 9-7, we havent finished at or anywhere near .500.
A 6-10 season, a few 7-9 seasons (where we've won meaningless games at the end of the season which killed our drafts), a 6-10 season, and now 0-8 season...

Bring a winning team and you'll get fans from outside your city.

There are more Miami fans in Toronto than Bills fans, I believe that, living in Florida. I see them down here in the winter, sporting their Fins gear.

I would be happy if nobody goes to the game in Toronto myself.

Kenny
11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
There are more Miami fans in Toronto than Bills fans, I believe that, living in Florida. I see them down here in the winter, sporting their Fins gear.

I would be happy if nobody goes to the game in Toronto myself.

Put a winning team on the field and that will change

billz83
11-11-2010, 12:20 PM
itz not the canadians fault the old greedy man moved 1 home game to toronto every year..if ur mad blame ralph wilson for takin crucial(not this year or the past decade for that matter)home games and havin them basicly like an away game!! more sabotaging by the cancer to this team! y would u agree to have a home game in another country..one that doesnt even support the team!! cuz old man wilson is a greedy incompetent SOB! even eric mouldz said this was onna the stupidest things EVER!! **** ralph wilson!