PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson

Buffalo Thriller
11-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I have come to notice that I get anxious when Fred runs the ball. He just seems very slow for some reason.

Joe Fo Sho
11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
He is slow, but he's also extremely patient. He's never been the long ball runner that'll break a long td run. He's gonna take what he can get and won't do anything stupid. I think he'll complement Spiller very well.

Buffalo Thriller
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
We don't seem to run the bal much at all. When we do its 75% Fred.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
When running doesn't work early in the game, apparently the plan is to completely abandon it.

Mind boggling.

Buffalo Thriller
11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
CJ had a nice break away

Uncle Jesse
11-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Jackson has been below average all year, he just doesn't look the same.

Buffalo Thriller
11-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I agree. I miss beastmode

Novacane
11-07-2010, 03:49 PM
We are 0-8. There is zero reason to not give Spiller the majority of the playing time from here on out.

Buffalo Thriller
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Let him salvage some experience.

better days
11-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Fred is very good at hitting the hole & can catch pretty well. He is very average in my opinion. The Bills need to draft a thumper next year to go with Spiller. Thunder & Lightning, that's what the Bills need. With Jackson the thunder is not so loud, more like a ladyfinger than an M-80

better days
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
We are 0-8. There is zero reason to not give Spiller the majority of the playing time from here on out.

Only one reason, save on wear & tear. I don't want to see him overused in a worthless season, I say let Fred take the pounding this year.

Bangarang
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM

Spiller: 7 rushes for 20 yards, 1 rec for 5 yards (thrown to 2 times).

Really? 9th overall pick in the draft who is supposed to be some big play maker with breakaway speed and that's the kind of work we're giving him? How is this kid not getting the ball more? His pass blocking looked good today. He got stuffed a few times in the backfield but that's because Chan wanted to run the pistol formation for some unknown reason.

I'm just baffled.

Extremebillsfan247
11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Bears are 5th in the league against the run. You could say, "Well, what about the rest of the games?" aside from Baltimore and Jacksonville, every other team we have faced this year are all in the top 15 against the run. We still have the Vikings on our schedule who sit at 13th and Pittsburgh who are the top team in the league against the run. This is a brutal schedule for this RB duo this year.

psubills62
11-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Chicago is a very good run defense. Fred's not fast, but he's elusive. His style of running works well against certain teams, not so much against others. Actually reminds me a decent amount of Evan Royster - decent all-around back, but nothing special in any aspect.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Any back needs carries to get into a rhythm. Chan Gaileys offense does not allow that to happen.

ServoBillieves
11-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Wasn't one of the #1 things that Chan and Nix wanted to do was run the ball? I mean, going through the air isn't working half bad, but as stated above, with an 0-8 schedule, let's see who can be what on this team. Backup/Starter/Reserve/worthy... Let's test the waters here.

Spiderweb
11-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Jackson has been below average all year, he just doesn't look the same.
He's 29 and not fleet a foot. Yet, he still looks to me like he can hit a hole, if we ever can create one. Goods hands, good receiver, although Freddie had a bad day all around today.

Fred may have one more year with Buffalo, but eventually, his role will diminish. At some point, Spiller will need to get a few more carries. The faster Spiller picks up pass blocking, the sooner we begin to see less and less of Fred.

Fan favorite, solid player, but he's now in the NFL (not for long) stage......

mikemac2001
11-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Any back needs carries to get into a rhythm. Chan Gaileys offense does not allow that to happen.

we also use alot of short passes as runs

ala west coast and colts offense, i felt the same way early on but after every run it was for 2 or less i would rather see the spread and get 3-6

Buddo
11-08-2010, 05:45 AM
It isn't as though Gailey doesn't want to run the ball. The Bears run D is good. There were maybe a couple of occasions when running may have been a better option, but considering we were mostly going nowhere with it, I don't think we did that badly. Spiller did make a couple of decent runs later on tbh, and if you listen to Gailey's presser, he does talk about it.
Just because you want to do something, doesn't mean to say that you are always going to be able to do so.

jamze132
11-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Jackson has been slow all season. He looks if somehow he lost a step in the offseason.