I don't understand how people sell out Fitzpatrick on games like this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

I don't understand how people sell out Fitzpatrick on games like this.

Fitz has been tremendous on 3rd down. That's all I gotta say. Can anyone remember ever feeling so okay about being in yet another 3rd-and-long? Compare his performance on 3rd down against our last 5 quarterbacks.

You give him the ball at the 1, with one minute, with no timeouts, and he doesn't score, and you say he's the reason we lost? We wouldn't have even been in that situation if it wasn't for some awful blocking on that PAT. That said, he could have broke the game with a proper throw to Nelson, but the guy can't be 100%, 100% of the time guys; he again made some amazing reads, stuff like Matt Ryan's been doing down in Atlanta.

JMHO..

• Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: I don't understand how people sell out Fitzpatrick on games like this.

The first INT was terrible. You can count on him for 1 of those every game.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

It's never just one guy's fault, and if we had any of the previous QB's you alluded to we probably wouldn't be in the positions we've been in the last three weeks with a real opportunity to take all three, but it's undeniable that Fitzy's errors were a pretty big factor in this loss.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
        • Sep 2010

Because im tired of having a quaterback that we have to play from behind with. Fitz can't put us up three scores. When gets to a clutch situation, he doesn't have it. Quit backing mediocrity.
        Last edited by Buffalo Thriller; 11-07-2010, 03:34 PM.
        Originally posted by OpIv37
        You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller
          Quit backing mediocrity.
          says the guy with shawne merriman in his signature?

Comment

• bf1
            • Oct 2010

Fitz isn't trent. That's about the only really good thing about him. Otherwise he's serviceable, but no one to build a team around.

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

No running game, no pass rush, and horrible play-calling...Yeah, it's Fitz' fault we lost. Had it not been for him, we would've gotten blown out in each of our last 3 games...With that said I still want a new QB, but I really hope we keep Fitz!
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
                It's never just one guy's fault, and if we had any of the previous QB's you alluded to we probably wouldn't be in the positions we've been in the last three weeks with a real opportunity to take all three, but it's undeniable that Fitzy's errors were a pretty big factor in this loss.
                At the same time people are failing to realize what he is doing is putting us in position to win as well without his plays we are not even in the last three games. His INTs are very costly but if there are very few QBS in the league that can be asked to throw 45 times without a running game to compliment them that wont throw an INT and btw ALL ints are at a bad time not just ones thrown in the 4th ............

Im not saying he is the answer but he is the reason we are even in these games if we had stuck with edwards think how bad it would be. What is wrong is everyon knows we have to bottom out well first we were awful people complain that they just want to be entertained now we are playing entertaining football but still losing and everyone is saying we have to win but we have to get Luck to. We all knew we were going to be this bad I honestly thought worse than this but look at the positives everyweek.

We blocked well today minus a couple plays and Steve Johnson is for real no questions. We didnt do awful against the run (inprovement). Do we have negatives sure we do lots of them but less than the beginning of the year.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                  • Sep 2002

He hasn't led us to a victory yet.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller
                    Because im tired of having a quaterback that we have to play from behind with. Fitz can't put us up three scores. When gets to a clutch situation, he doesn't have it. Quit backing mediocrity.
                    How can he even go up three scores with this d? We are Awful at forcing turnovers

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                      • Mar 2007

I think people are looking for ONE GUY to save this team well its not going to happen one guy does not make a football team........

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
                        says the guy with shawne merriman in his signature?
                        He is better than anything we have had. He is a probowler, what does our Lb corp have to compare?
                        Originally posted by OpIv37
                        You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Cleve
                          • Oct 2004

I think he is an excellent back-up caliber quarterback. However, he is not a starting-level QB. He's clearly superior to Spent Edwards (which I, unlike the so called "management" at One Bills Drive, realized LAST year) but that doesn't make him a 1st string sort of guy either.

My opinion of him really hasn't changed.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                          per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
                            It's never just one guy's fault, and if we had any of the previous QB's you alluded to we probably wouldn't be in the positions we've been in the last three weeks with a real opportunity to take all three
                            This is exactly what I mean. Winning ballgames is a team effort and Fitz can't do it on his own (which is made clear by the losses in accuracy or the INTs we've seen).

But if we want to win, how much more can we reasonably expect from the guy without expecting the same from other sides of the team? We had a complete lack of a run game, an utter lack of hands on the defense, an utter lack of execution on special teams.

The guy is one who's put us in positions to win; other teammates have to step up and take that opportunity. Did Losman/Holcomb/Edwards ever do that? Asking for more means you're asking for a Elway/Montana/Kelly kind of QB (so note that I am not saying we shouldn't take Luck).

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                              • Mar 2007

If we had just drafted Fitz a couple years ago and he was 25 instead of 27 I bet MANY MANY people would say how he was our next great qb but because he was a backup thats all he will be in most peoples eyes forever. If he keeps playing this way I bet the FO will pass on a QB in round one

Comment

Working...
                              X