PDA

View Full Version : I think the team could win game with Fitz

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 05:05 PM
With that being said I would surely weigh all options on draft day. Would be hard not to take Luck but since we need so many other things I wouldn't hate taking a stud DE/LB/OT etc...

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Agreed. Unlike other know-it-alls around here, I think Fitz has played very well. The Bills basically thought coming in that the only way they'd beat the Bears is through the air. They were pretty much one dimentional, and Fitz still managed to complete 31 passes.

lightningbolt444
11-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Yep take the guy who is deserving of the pick as long as its not a RB,P,K, TE and to an extent WR although I still think Evans is a bit overrated so i wouldnt hate hate WR

mightysimi
11-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Fitz played well but imagine a QB who was accurate every time, not just 70% of the time. Clearly he is making the right reads but just missing a few guys. So I would like to think that a stud QB would be accurate more often.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Fitz played well but imagine a QB who was accurate every time, not just 70% of the time. Clearly he is making the right reads but just missing a few guys. So I would like to think that a stud QB would be accurate more often.
No QB is accurate every time but I do hear what you are saying.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
If Fitz isn't capable of at least leading us to 1 win, that speaks volumes.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
If Fitz isn't capable of at least leading us to 1 win, that speaks volumes.
Putting us in position to win with the talent he has around him peaks volumes as well....

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Putting us in position to win with the talent he has around him peaks volumes as well....

Look at Bradford in St Louis. He has just as bad a team as Buffalo. He not only puts them in a position, he gets job done and is still a rookie. Fitzpatrick is a career loser just like Edwards and Losman. If we ****ing pass on Luck and have to deal with this ****ttttt any more. We need a franchise QB not a guy that puts us in position but throws INTs Every time in the biggest spot.

Fitz is good for what he is, an average qb. We need a GREAT QB

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM
With that being said I would surely weigh all options on draft day. Would be hard not to take Luck but since we need so many other things I wouldn't hate taking a stud DE/LB/OT etc...

I would absolutely HATE this organization if they didn't pick Luck if he was there. With Luck this team can be a contender...with Fitz, they are merely able to stay close in games. Fitz is a loser...we need a guy to win games, not just throw up big fantasy numbers.

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM

No, that just means that Gailey is doing what he's done everywhere he's been. He made Tyler Thigpen look the exact same way as Fitz looks this year...you guys need to wake up.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I think we could win games with Fitz too...if we had an NFL caliber coaching staff.

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I think we could win games with Fitz too...if we had an NFL caliber coaching staff.

That's funny...the ONLY reason that he is performing this way is BECAUSE of Gailey! Are you guys seriously this thick?

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 06:55 PM
That's funny...the ONLY reason that he is performing this way is BECAUSE of Gailey! Are you guys seriously this thick?

Fitz won a few games starting last year.

I don't think Fitzy is a playoff caliber QB, no.

But we're not winning any football games when you're putting the game entirely on his back.

X-Era
11-07-2010, 06:55 PM
To me the goal is not to win one game this year or a few games each year. It's to get deep into the playoffs and ultimately to win a SuperBowl. I dont see that with Fitz as our starter... ever.

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 06:56 PM
To me the goal is not to win one game this year or a few games each year. It's to get deep into the playoffs and ultimately to win a SuperBowl. I dont see that with Fitz as our starter... ever.

Would NEVER, EVER...happen.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 06:59 PM

Here's the problem though, with how Gailey calls the offense, we're not doing that ever with him here either.

Unless you're getting a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type of QB.

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Here's the problem though, with how Gailey calls the offense, we're not doing that ever with him here either.

Unless you're getting a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type of QB.

Which many believe that Luck could be. Again, this all is predicated on Luck being available in the draft. If not, all bets are off.

X-Era
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM

Unless you're getting a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type of QB.OK, I was talking only about the QB spot. I want a franchise QB. That's one more need we can check of the "what we need to win a SuperBowl" list. There may be others, but QB must be checked off.

X-Era
11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Which many believe that Luck could be. Again, this all is predicated on Luck being available in the draft. If not, all bets are off.If not, the search may continue into future years.

It's a real possibility.

Nighthawk
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
If not, the search may continue into future years.

It's a real possibility.

I think he will come out...he'd be stupid not to. Right now he is the hottest thing and targeted for the #1 pick. It makes absolutely ZERO sense to go back to college to risk injury or even to risk having a poor year and getting nitpicked to death by scouts. In my eyes, there is no positives to going back. Strike when the iron is hot and he is hot right now.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
OK, I was talking only about the QB spot. I want a franchise QB. That's one more need we can check of the "what we need to win a SuperBowl" list. There may be others, but QB must be checked off.

I dunno how comfortable I feel in throwing Luck, Locker, Mallet, Ponder, whomever into this version of offense.

Rookie QB asked to throw 35+ times every Sunday is a recipe for disaster.

X-Era
11-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I dunno how comfortable I feel in throwing Luck, Locker, Mallet, Ponder, whomever into this version of offense.

Rookie QB asked to throw 35+ times every Sunday is a recipe for disaster.The Bears were #1 against the run going in as well... that played a factor.

Bradford is averaging 36.5 attempts per game and is doing fine.

Fitz is averaging 35.

That part doesn't worry me. But, yes, we need to run and stop the run better.

YardRat
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Fitz has been pretty consistently clutch on third down this season. I just wish he could elevate that to the end of the game when it's on the line instead of pulling the inaccurate Fitz out of the box.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
The Bears were #1 against the run going in as well... that played a factor.

Bradford is averaging 36.5 attempts per game and is doing fine.

Fitz is averaging 35.

That part doesn't worry me. But, yes, we need to run and stop the run better.

Good thing the Redskins didn't know that going into the Bears last game and allowed Torain to run for 125 yards.

Joe Fo Sho
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Good thing the Redskins didn't know that going into the Bears last game and allowed Torain to run for 125 yards.

Yeah, good thing...

Detroit - 27 yards rushing
Dallas - 38 yards rushing
Green Bay - 51 yards rushing
New York Giants - 191 yards rushing
Carolina - 81 yards rushing
Seattle - 111 yards rushing
Washington 125 yards rushing

The Giants are one of the best running teams in the NFL and we all know how Shanahan is when it comes to running the football.

What makes you think that the BILLS with one of the worst O-Lines in football would be able to run against this team???