PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson> Lee Evans

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2010, 05:17 PM
He has shown it week in and week out.

I think he is the number 1 WR on this team already and also feel that the Bills look at Lee as the number 2 guy. I saw Tillman covering Johnson many times sunday too. Evans really needs to step it up. The other WR's have been making plays, so no longer can we use, no passes are thrown at him/checkdown excuses. He gets paid as a number 1 and produces like a bust wr

YardRat
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I was getting the same impression during today's game. SJ's been showing some consistency the last few weeks, and Evans is becoming an option as opposed to the go-to guy.

Bangarang
11-07-2010, 05:22 PM
One thing is for sure, we have a pretty good WR corps. And with Easley coming back next season and hopefully David Nelson getting more involved, we'll be dangerous.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Cut Evans or trade his ass. At 9 Mill he is worthless. Rosco Parrish has more yards than Lee! So Evans is third in yards received, excellent job

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2010, 05:27 PM
by the endof the year Nelson, Johnson, Rosco will all have more yards rofl

YardRat
11-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Parrish might miss some time, depending on the severity of his hand injury.

Mike13
11-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Oh I'd lock his ass up if I were Nix.
You know the Pats would take him in a heartbeat.

/Reason.

Mike
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Agreed, Johnson has been our best wr as of late. His #s rival so e of the better wr in the league. It's becoming more & more obvious what Evens is, a one trick pony.

Extremebillsfan247
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
This team doesn't have a number 1 receiver. Chan's offense isn't designed that way. Johnson is Fitz's go to receiver and has been since both started playing on this team. So, it's not surprising to see a lot of balls go Johnson's way, just like Lee had it when Losman was here. That can all change with a new QB entering the fold next year. JMO

seanbillsfan
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
He might have the best stats but if he commanded the same coverage that Evans does then he wouldn't even have half of those receptions.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Lee Evans doesn't get double teamed often. Re watch the games.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh I'd lock his ass up if I were Nix.
You know the Pats would take him in a heartbeat.

/Reason.
Because that logic worked so well with Sam Aiken.

BILLSROCK1212
11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Johnson isn't just better than Evans....he's becoming a star and there is no denying it. He is no fluke like some say Byrd was last season...he's putting himself in a position to succeed. Ever since his low point in the Packers game he has not only been making a case to be our number 1 WR, but at this rate is making a good case for the Pro Bowl

warsawbassman
11-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I am impressed with him. I know some of it has to do with him beeing Fitzpatricks "guy", but the kid has a lot of ability and I like the fact that he was low round "nobody" draft pick that has to make a name for himself. Playing with a chip on your shoulder has worked around here before.

ServoBillieves
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
If you saw the presser, I really like what he said after the game. It really doesn't sound pushed either, but he said "I would lose a million games with these guys cause there's no quitting, there's no quitting this team."

mrbojanglezs
11-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Sj is ranked 12th in the league in receiving yards

psubills62
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Johnson sure is proving a lot of people wrong. I'd be very interested to hear from the people who crapped on him the last couple of years.

Evans...is an interesting situation. Considering how Lynch's situation went down, I don't think Evans has a prayer of being traded. However...I could see other teams being interested in him over the next year or so.

According to rotoworld.com, Evans' contract in 2011 and 2012 is just over 3 million base salary with 1 million roster bonuses - so about 4 million per year. Teams have paid more for guys they considered playoff pieces. I think we could definitely get a decent round pick for him if we were looking to trade him. That would depend on Easley's development and who else we may add during the offseason, though.

EricStratton
11-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Is there a logical reason this has to turn into a Johnson vs Evans thing for us fans and an I told you so pissing contest on a message board?

Spiderweb
11-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Lee Evans doesn't get double teamed often. Re watch the games.

Evans gets far more doubles than the rest of our WR corps combined. In fact, just 3-4 days ago, Fitz was quoted as giving Johnson some very nice props, but he did add that despite Johnson's recent success, he's still only getting single coverage.

This may change, but they go to Johnson many times specifically because of the coverages and the lack thereof on Johnson.

Now don't read more than this into what I posted. I like Johnson's performances the past 3 weeks, but naming him to the All God Squad at this point is way too premature.

Here's to hoping his game continues to improve. He is looking very good and other teams will have to give him more attention soon if Johnson continues as he has been. Today may have been one of his best all around games, catching, running after the catch, etc.

Jan Reimers
11-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Cut Evans or trade his ass. At 9 Mill he is worthless. Rosco Parrish has more yards than Lee! So Evans is third in yards received, excellent job
Lee Evans is not worthless, or a one trick pony, or any of the other nonsense that I have the great displeasure of reading on here. Lee's being on the field, with the double teams that he draws and the challenges he presents, is what allows Fitz to spread the ball around to Johnson, Parrish, et. al.

Johnson is becoming a very good receiver, and Parrish has had his career ressurected, but that doesn't mean Evans is a bum. He is a major factor in the success of our younger receivers.

tampabay25690
11-08-2010, 08:55 AM
OK
Do you understand something about Football.
A WR like Lee Evans has to have at least 2 guys watching.
That leaves other guys open.
Next game watch the safeties they always slide to Lee's side.
We have a nice group of WR's but Lee helps this offense more then hurts it...

tampabay25690
11-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Lee Evans is not worthless, or a one trick pony, or any of the other nonsense that I have the great displeasure of reading on here. Lee's being on the field, with the double teams that he draws and the challenges he presents, is what allows Fitz to spread the ball around to Johnson, Parrish, et. al.

Johnson is becoming a very good receiver, and Parrish has had his career ressurected, but that doesn't mean Evans is a bum. He is a major factor in the success of our younger receivers.

Finally a post I totally agree iwth.....

BuffaloBlitz83
11-08-2010, 10:21 AM
OK
Do you understand something about Football.
A WR like Lee Evans has to have at least 2 guys watching.
That leaves other guys open.
Next game watch the safeties they always slide to Lee's side.
We have a nice group of WR's but Lee helps this offense more then hurts it...

Why do other elite WR's still put up productive numbers regardless of double teams

trapezeus
11-08-2010, 10:27 AM
johnson = reed
evans = lofton.

style wise at least....not necesarrily guady long term numbers.

but that's how i look at these two.

justasportsfan
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Why do other elite WR's still put up productive numbers regardless of double teams

they have better qb's who can throw in double coverages?

madness
11-08-2010, 12:52 PM
If you want one single reason, you won't find any but looking at the list of NFL's leading receivers....

*big breath* most of them are playing against #1 corners and are at least 6' ft and/or play in a dynamic offense with multiple weapons and/or have an above avg. QB and/or offensive line that gives the QB more than 3 sec. to throw with possibly a stud at RB in the backfield who quite possibly knows how to pass block!...:phew:

ddaryl
11-08-2010, 01:32 PM
time to revive all those Stevie Johnson sucks threads..

Sometimes patience is a virtue

OpIv37
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM

Trading him would be nice, but when a player gets traded, his contract goes with him. No team in the NFL is dumb enough to give Lee Evans $9 mill a season except the Buffalo Bills, so we are stuck with him.

psubills62
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Trading him would be nice, but when a player gets traded, his contract goes with him. No team in the NFL is dumb enough to give Lee Evans $9 mill a season except the Buffalo Bills, so we are stuck with him.

I don't think it's going to be $9 million per year anymore. When I checked rotoworld, it said a $3 million base salary for both 2011 and 2012, plus a $1 million roster bonus in both years. So basically if we traded him, the other team would need to pay him $4 million per year. I'd say that's very reasonable.