X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

something weird has happened psychologically

I guess I'm glad to see some of you enthused with the improved team, but remember the team went from "could not possibly be worse" to "still winless." I guess in comparison it's better than utterly hopeless, but at 0-8 there isn't much to cheer about. The few bright spots are Steve Johnson and maybe the reemergence of Roscoe. On paper this team is still years away from competing for a playoff spot. This team is by no way shape or form just a few players away. They are 0-8.

• Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: something weird has happened psychologically

We'll see.

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by nixnix
      The few bright spots are Steve Johnson and maybe the reemergence of Roscoe.
      And the guy throwing it to them.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I feel a lot better about the team now than I did before the bye.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Spiderweb
          ....formerly OhBF
          • Sep 2003

I guess I'm glad to see some of you enthused with the improved team, but remember the team went from "could not possibly be worse" to "still winless." I guess in comparison it's better than utterly hopeless, but at 0-8 there isn't much to cheer about. The few bright spots are Steve Johnson and maybe the reemergence of Roscoe. On paper this team is still years away from competing for a playoff spot. This team is by no way shape or form just a few players away. They are 0-8.
          Humm....

Possibly the reemergence of Scoe?

Johnson is playing well, Parrish was playing well (the hand injury could limit his going forward - status of which and severity unknown). David Nelson is playing very well for a rookie and at this point, he's light years ahead of where Johnson was in his first two years. Our WR's have been playing well overall.

Williams is playing generally well, as is Poz of late. Today, our defense actually played fairly well, although we got hurt big with Cutler scrambles. Against a bad running team or not, the Bills stopped the run very well today (again, except the Cutler scrambles). Our secondary seems to have cinder blocks for hands this year. Two drops by my count today.

Edwards called a much better overall game today, which only the noticeable exception being his decision to rush only three on the key 3rd and 10 that Cutler had all day to complete on their game winning drive after picking Fitz. What the hell was Edwards thinking damn it?

We're more than a few players away from being really competitive, but progress does seem to being made. I'd like to see more of Coleman, a bit of Carrington, more of Troup (although his been playing much more of late) as well. We need to know if these guys have something, or whether we blew a few more picks,
          Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
          own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• Commissioner
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Spiderweb

We're more than a few players away from being really competitive, but progress does seem to being made. I'd like to see more of Coleman, a bit of Carrington, more of Troup (although his been playing much more of late) as well. We need to know if these guys have something, or whether we blew a few more picks,
            Progress is being made.... this team is improving.

Let me be honest...

I am one of the people that want the Bills to go 0-16, because i want to draft Andrew Luck .... i think he's going to be a superstar NFL QB.

The last 3 weeks i thought i was going to have a heart attack because i thought the Bills might win.

Chan Gailey is slowly turning this team around. The offense is already light years ahead of the offenses under Jauron. I literally fell asleep during games last year. Honest to GOD!!

Being one of those guys that wants us to lose out the whole season... every week that passes by I worry that the Bills might win the next game. I've noticed every week that this team has the potential to beat anyone.... earlier this season under Trent they looked so incompetent i had no worries. Now they are taking division leaders like Baltimore and KC to the wire. I feel like this 0-8 team can beat anyone any given Sunday.

I HAVE NOT THOUGHT THAT IN YEARS!!!!

So for you guys that think Gailey sucks and the Bills are so bad.... try rooting against them like I have all year. I guarantee your perspective will change.
            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Buddo
              • Mar 2007

One thing you can say about Gailey, is that offensively, he is the real deal.
              He wants to have a balanced offense, but he soon finds ways to keep things moving if one part isn't working. We could barely run the football yesterday, so he adjusted.
              The O-Line still has issues, but are probably only a genuine RT away from being decent, and they do seriously need to improve their run blocking.
              The defence is improving, but we are lacking in personnel there atm. We seem to have a bunch of quality backups, starting, especially at LB. We still have next to no pass rush, although we can at times generate enough pressure to make the QB hurry. Maybe that will change when Merriman gets on the field.

Sometimes, the addition of just a few players can make a more significant difference overall. Merriman might be a good example. If teams have to pay attention to him, we may well see other guys getting better opportunities to make plays.

ATM, this team might be the best 0-8 team ever (although early on in the season that wasn't the case), and they do appear to be a 'team'. For those wanting 0-16, it just isn't going to happen. Win the turnover count, and this team will start to win some games.

A final thought, is that there are some areas where we don't have to worry too much about in the next draft. WR being one of them. While more TO would probably have been entertaining, findout out that Johnson is legit, and Roscoe can actually be an NFL WR, has meant that we are good at the position. We have easley to come back from injury, but he's going to find things tough, as Nelson keeps making plays, and the more experience Jones gets, alongside with looking a lot less like a stick insect, he isn't going to make things any less difficult.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Interesting how you mentioned two WR's as "bright spots" but failed to mention the QB responsible for getting them the ball....
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bf1
                  • Oct 2010

They are 0-8. I fail to see how this is an improvement from last year.

What part of 0 isn't people understanding?

We just lost to the Bears and Chiefs, not to 2 elite teams.

Comment

• bf1
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Interesting how you mentioned two WR's as "bright spots" but failed to mention the QB responsible for getting them the ball....
                    He's been average. Nothing to write home about.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Problem with Fitz is the INTs are always in the biggest of spots

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

He's been average. Nothing to write home about.
                        If 2 receivers who did nothing last year are suddenly both playing better and are "bright spots", how can you NOT credit the QB? That's just illogical.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bf1
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          If 2 receivers who did nothing last year are suddenly both playing better and are "bright spots", how can you NOT credit the QB? That's just illogical.
                          Scoe was in jaurons doghouse and stevie was no where to be found. If evans was lighting it up too, I would give fitz much more credit.

Comment

Working...
                          X