Gailey needs to be fired with Buddy Nix not far behind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Gailey needs to be fired with Buddy Nix not far behind.

You can't keep any coach that has you sitting at 0-8 with a good chance of getting you to 0-16.

Do we reallly believe that Brian Billick would be 0-8 right now? I'm pretty sure that Perry Fewell would have a better record.

And I love how Buddy Nix gets a free pass around here. CJ Spiller, and his entire draft class has been useless. How about picking guys out of FA: you didn't know that Cornell Green sucked?

My father-in-law was in town this past weekend so I was forced to watch these losers. Toronto, the team, the coach, the owner, what a joke.
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Gailey needs to be fired with Buddy Nix not far behind.

Glad to see you posting here again

The team needed to bottom out! Plain and simple. And we are doing quite well at it and I think we will be better for it.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

What makes you think a new GM/coach would come in here and do better? In case you forgot, we had to find a coach and GM after last season and we wound up with Nix and Gailey. You think that if we fire them then we'll magically end up with some head coach/GM combination that you'll be happy with? What makes this year's class of coaches and GMs better than last's? What makes a big name one any more likely to come to Buffalo this year than last year?

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

I think a HC should be fired when the players do not give effort. This team is clearly giving everything they have. With a few breaks the Bills could have won the last 3 games.

As for Nix look at the Chargers draft since he left, it has been terrible.

Comment

• dog14787
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          You can't keep any coach that has you sitting at 0-8 with a good chance of getting you to 0-16.

Do we reallly believe that Brian Billick would be 0-8 right now? I'm pretty sure that Perry Fewell would have a better record.

And I love how Buddy Nix gets a free pass around here. CJ Spiller, and his entire draft class has been useless. How about picking guys out of FA: you didn't know that Cornell Green sucked?

My father-in-law was in town this past weekend so I was forced to watch these losers. Toronto, the team, the coach, the owner, what a joke.

This Buffalo Bills football team has shown more promise in the last three games then they have over the last three years in my opinion.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

the bills just played 3 road games in a row, were competitive in all of them. had receivers get open and get 100 yards without it being classic garbage time yardage.

i see promise. with the bills being so far out of the hunt, close losses like this doesn't hurt. I'm able to actually see the actual good. i really can't see this team ending 0-16 with their last couple performances. plus with dallas being as stubborn as us about winning games, hopefully they'll win one or two more, so that we can win one and still get the first crack at luck.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
              Senior Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Gailey & Nix are fine. Stick with the current plan.:pirate2:

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

This team is headed in the right direction. Gailey is an excellent coach and Nix is going to get it done in the draft.

Typical Bills fan response, lacks evaluation of what is happening on the field and totally focused on the record.

We are a better team this year than we were last year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Why fire the HC and GM of a team that is giving its all, and who have had several months to evaluate the roster and plan future moves. Why start all over again now?
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

what's that smell

it's this thread

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Here we go again.
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Just a reminder that Buddy Nix was not the GM in San Diego or the final decision maker. So you guys are giving him way too much credit.

I was around for the mid '80s and this team does not have the same chances for recovery. Different era and you could build over a longer period of time.

Ralph Wilson is a genius because you guys are actually defending 0-8.

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

Like I've said in numerous threads, this team needs to bottom out and let Nix work his magic from the top of the draft. I have grown tired of the 6-10, 7-9 seasons. If we aren't going to make the playoffs, then what's the difference? The Bills have been very entertaining since Fitz took the reigns and they are about 5 good pieces away from being a playoff contender. They have the running backs, the wide receivers, and quite possibly the QB. They need to upgrade this defense and get a legit pass rusher in here. If Luck doesn't come out, a pass rushing DE/LB has got to hold high priority, especially looking at the talent at the top of the draft in terms of pass rushers.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Since you guys are so encouraged who is the team building around?

Steve Johnson looked like the only guy that might be blossoming. Other than that this team has zero talent.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              Why fire the HC and GM of a team that is giving its all, and who have had several months to evaluate the roster and plan future moves. Why start all over again now?
                              Because you have to come on here and say something...and it has to be something antagonistic.

One major issue is the draft, obviously, over the past decade...probably because there is never a staff that truly has an opportunity to stick to their plan and let it come together. I am fine with Nix and Gailey.

We are 0-8....we stand no chance of 7-9, but there is way more hope now than there was then.

Comment

Working...
                              X