X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

How good is Fitz? Better than most realize

Many Bills fans are going off the results of games to evaluate our new QB which is keeping them from evaluating the details in Fitz's game.

This guy is not just having routine performances. I would even ignore the stats even though they support his strong play.

Fitz is making some ELITE level throws, there are not many QBs in the NFL making the throws Fitz is making. His ball location, accuracy, anticipation and reading of defenses at the LoS is impeccable. His ability to throw the intermediate throws to the RIGHT sideline is really impressive. That is one of the toughest throws to make in football and he makes it look easy. If you can take a look at the 15 yard out pattern he connects on with Lee. Fitz is not just managing games, he is making throws that the top notch QBs in the NFL make and doing it routinely.

I would go as far as to compare the throws Fitz is making to throws that Brees makes. They are very similar QBs in terms of size and arm strength. What they have in common is their ability to read defenses, spread the ball around and ball placement.

Fitz is a starting QB in this league and I would take him over at least a third of the starters in the NFL.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: How good is Fitz? Better than most realize

I'm not sure of I completely agree with your last sentence, but Fitz has made me stop calling him Fitzdouchetrick.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Let's not get carried away here. He is playing a lot better than most of us thought he could. You're ready to declare him an elite QB off a 6 game performance? The problem is when he misses he really misses and those throws are usually picked off.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Novacane
        Let's not get carried away here. He is playing a lot better than most of us thought he could. You're ready to declare him an elite QB off a 6 game performance? The problem is when he misses he really misses and those throws are usually picked off.
        I am not saying he is an elite QB. In order to be that he will have to continue playing like this for the rest of the season and continue to improve.

What I said was he is making ELITE level throws. The passes he is completing downfield in traffic are not easy. You draft Qbs high because they can make those throws routinely which he is doing.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
          Senior Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Fitz = Career Backup

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

His throws are far from impeccable, he's still good for a few head-scratchers a game, but some of the throws he's making are exceptional, and all of the WRs are showing up and making some very tough catches.

Comment

• bluerosekiller
              • Jul 2008

Again, as I've said elsewhere in this forum, if Fitz keeps this up for the remainder of the season ( & barring injury, I fully expect him to ) there's no reason to blow a high pick on a QB. Even Luck. Not when we have SO many needs elsewhere.
              There will be other solid QBs that we can get a bit later in the draft to develop behind Fitz for a couple of years.
              I mean, look what Colt McCoy is doing for the Browns.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Fitz can be very good (definitely inconsistent). The problem is that he's not a 60-minute QB. If we need him to be good/great for 75% of the time, he can do that. But if we need him to be good/great for the whole game, he just can't seem to handle that.

I have no problem starting Fitz for another year even after we draft a top-level QB.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Fitz is rock solid and is the best QB this team has had since Bledsoe's 1st 8 games with us.

but his weaknesses are obvious. His accuracy is questionable at times.

However his ability to dissect D's quickly is to be admired.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Taylor Zaius
                    Fitz = Career Backup
                    great point...well put!

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bluerosekiller
                      Again, as I've said elsewhere in this forum, if Fitz keeps this up for the remainder of the season ( & barring injury, I fully expect him to ) there's no reason to blow a high pick on a QB. Even Luck..

You don't pass on Luck because of Fitz. No way! Even if he keeps playing well.
                      Last edited by Novacane; 11-08-2010, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                        You don't pass on Luck because of Fitz. No way! Even if he keeps playing well.
                        definitely not, You let Fitz stop-gap for a couple of years, and bring Luck along slowly

Comment

• Maximilli
                          • Feb 2009

I agree Fitz is playing good ball and making elite throws the problem is when we have the lead its like he gets nervous or something and thats when he is inaccurate its like its pressure for him . He plays good to make points and comebacks. I say we draft other needs like oline instead or drafting another QB remember we still have Brohm who is still young and had NFL experience. Every year there is a good potential QB coming out of College i say work on that oline

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                            • Dec 2008

All qb's are going to throw picks...its as simple as that......a TON of extra weight is being put on the picks he does throw by the fact that our defense cannot get a TO to save their lives. If they were even 15th or 16th in the league in takeaways we would not be even close to 0-8. You can't expect the guy to be flawless.
                            Last edited by kelly2reed4six; 11-08-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Taylor Zaius
                              Fitz = Career Backup
                              Not even gonna bother.

Comment

Working...
                              X